1,078 results
All reviews king street historic district upper king great hotel free breakfast indoor pool construction noise restaurants and bars self park uber ride parking garage lots of great restaurants within walking distance fire pit modern hotel sitting area per day
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Excellent hotel, great breakfast, outstanding service! I would come back without a doubt. Excellent location too with many restaurants within walking distance. Pick up the 211 bus across the street at bike shop to go downtown free.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Trek769013
Skye P, Manager at Hyatt Place Charleston/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you so much for you feedback concerning your recent stay here at Hyatt Place - Historic District. We pride ourselves on authentic and intuitive service and am pleased to hear we met your expectations! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I booked two rooms - one for me, my wife and our baby and one for my parents. My dad is disabled on a wheelchair so I booked theirs “accessible”. While I didn’t care about not receiving a crib I had requested while making the online reservation (it was past midnight when we checked in and we couldn’t wait to get to our beds), the fact that we did not receive the accessible room “because we hadn’t booked it directly through hyatt.com” was a little unacceptable. They told me I was supposed to contact them and confirm too.
Well if you partner with these “third party websites” and let them charge on behalf of you, are you allowed not to honor any room requests and get away with it?
How about instead of making me feel bad about not booking through you and not contacting you to confirm the type of room I was promised you contact me and tell me it was not available? Is that fair to ask? Then maybe I would have had the time to choose a different hotel.
Let’s face it, if you are 100% wheelchair dependable and you booked an accessible room and you show up and this happens you wouldn’t be happy. Nobody would.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
10  Thank Myles313

Myles313,

I want to offer you our sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered on your recent stay. I would love to speak with you further either over email or over the phone at 843-414-4900.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Great Hotel with the friendliest and most helpful staff!!! Very clean and comfortable!!! They treat youy like family. Free breakfast too!!! Location is great,,,walking distance to historic areas and restaurants!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank hbheel

Hbheel,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and complimentary breakfast. We strive to provide authentic and intuitive service and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The location was right across the street from the free shuttle. The rooms are spacious, clean and modernly furnished. The service was excellent from the front desk to the maid service. One of the few hotels with a pool.
A great perk was free breakfast which was a wonderful buffet. The only thing is that breakfast is served from 7am to 9:30am I would have liked it better if it ended at 10:30am

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Joannegs

Joannegs,

We appreciate the wonderful feedback concerning your recent stay at Hyatt Place - Historic District. We are so glad to hear that front desk and the housekeeper really made your stay stick out positively! We look forward to welcoming you back to Charleston again.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This was our very first time staying with Hyatt and we were so pleased, we plan to switch over with them for nearly all of our travels. We set up a membership account because of this visit. The front desk staff were very helpful and professional.

Our room was spacious (we have 5 in our family) and the daily housekeeping was excellent. We didn't even need to ask for extra towels. The housekeeping continued to replace our bath towels with 6 bath towels. Unheard of!! We travel often and all over the U.S. and husband travels out of country. Normally when we stay at hotels, we have to continue to request additional towels otherwise housekeeping will only stock 2-4 in the bathroom.

The hotel breakfast was excellent; far beyond what we expected: Make your own omelettes, yogurt and fresh banana or berry sauces; pancakes, waffles, real bacon, sausage, tasty zucchini bread (not the pre-packaged kind loaded with chemicals). Apples were always available throughout the day. The lobby was comfortable. There was a bar that opened at 11 a.m.

Our kids enjoyed the pool, husband enjoyed the work out room. The hotel was right in the heart of King street, within walking distance to nearly everything. We had enjoyable city walks and felt safe where we were. One daughter found a clothing boutique she really liked just minutes away from the hotel. We found excellent restaurants, like Basil Thai, just a few blocks away. Wow! What a great meal; what great service. We know that The Darling and The Ordinary restaurants, just minutes from the hotel, must be highly regarded because we couldn't find seating at either place each time we tried. Jeni's ice cream is very close to the Hyatt, too. Not necessarily a good thing, if you know what I mean! Lol. Expect a line at Jeni's no matter the time of day. Try the Wildberry Lavender ice cream. Yum!

The Visitor Center and city tour buses were only a few blocks away as well. We took an excellent fact-filled city tour with Pineapple tours.

Parking in the Hyatt garage always had space and was well lit. As for the rate, our nightly rate was less than what we paid when we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Asheville, NC. And at the Hampton in Asheville, we had lousy housekeeping, a mediocre breakfast, and a door lock that was never properly fixed...PLUS just 3 bath towels for 5 people.

We do plan to be back to Charleston and we enjoyed our stay with Hyatt. In fact, we stayed with Hyatt in Knoxville, TN, immediately following this visit, and found the same level of service, cleanliness, plenty of additional towels, along with an excellent location just minutes from a fantastic sushi restaurant called Nama. So, it seems like Hyatt has a certain standard. We look forward to more Hyatt stays as we travel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank CTheWorld-5

Ctheworld-5,

We are so excited you had such a fantastic time in our wonderful city at our wonderful hotel! Charleston truly is a magical place and I am so pleased to hear we had such a positive impact on your family, that you are now part of our Hyatt family by becoming a World of Hyatt member! We strive to provide authentic and intuitive service and it sounds like we hit the mark in even the simple requests like the number of towels. Thank you for your wonderful review and we truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Holy City one day!