See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 3 months while on a business trip. Room was somewhat clean and offered a kitchen. Air conditioners need to be updated. The one in my room went out and the drunk courtesy officer came to my room, said he didn't know how to fix it, told me it wasn't that hot in my room and I'd be ok. I had to find another worker and she let me take the air conditioner out of another room and install it myself into my room to get me through the night. Maintenance is a joke and cleaning is pretty much on you. For the price it's the best hotel in town if you need an extended stay in a budget.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I am staying here for a few weeks in between leases. The room is clean, tv I great, bed is comfy. It's been nice and quiet. When I needed something from the office I got it. I hate hotels that always bother you and I have been to many like that, here they leave you alone unless it's cleaning day and they come and clean unlike some places I have been. I am from the area this hotel is in and yes they had problems years and years ago, but you can tell they cracked down on that. My only complaint is the Wi-Fi, where my room is at, I don't get very strong signal but it still works and I am happy with them.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2016

We moved to Charleston for 6 months to work. At first we were going to stay a couple of weeks but discovered the room to be suitable for 3 people and our service dog. The staff was hospitable especially Jason and Carol. In every situation when living in a place full time things happen. There's normal wear and tear but the regularly update and remodel the rooms.However, when anything went wrong they were there right away to accommodate us. The laundry facilities were suitable and the location, 2236 Savannah Hwy, was convenient and close to everything. Jean was on duty at night and always ready, willing and able to assist in any way. The cleaning staff, especially Yolanda, was friendly and always did an excellent job. I was shocked to read Jennie H's comment referring the facility as a "Homeless Shelter!" This is an "Extended Stay" facility so YES it was our home for the period we resided here. A home is what you make it and unfortunately there are people that are less than the average bear. Many people are filthy but these rooms are checked weekly and this situation is not tolerated. You would be asked to leave if you trashed the room. Its a fact of life! If you want crystal, massages, room service, hot tubs, your bed turned down at dusk and a warm fluffy robe waiting to be worn go to the Hyatt or Marriot and pay $200.00 a night. Some people expect something for nothing! Many people you just cant please. Consider the source, this is an extended stay facility. It's kept neat, clean and presentable.. It's not like there are lawn chairs, trinkets, etc. laying around! It's well maintained and clean. There is security and drugs, prostitutes, drunks, and bad behavior is not tolerated. In fact, there are police officers that patrol at night. In addition, there are security cameras and onsite attendants Those that complain because they saw a roach well hello welcome to the south!!! There are roaches PERIOD but it is rare to find any as they spray every month. The mattresses are replaced regularly and each week the unit is checked for needed repairs. The rooms come with free cable and Wi-Fi. After 90 days you are refunded the accommodation taxes paid and the rate is reduced by this amount. They were always prompt with the mail and offered fax services and free phone services. Even though the facility was located on a 4 lane highway the rooms were sound proof. That applies to noises from adjoining rooms. Quiet and thick thermal curtains for those that work nights and need sleep during the day. Before you adhere to the negative remarks (that are way out of line) give this place a chance and 10 to 1 I bet you will find it as "A home away from home!" You can't please all the people all the time and often there are some that flat cannot be pleased! Thank you for taking time to read this and I hope you enjoy your stay! Phyllis, Tony & Tank

Room Tip: The bottom floor is the best. Also I found the rooms in the back to be cooler in the summer.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank phyllis R
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Paid for one week stayed one night. The hotel is dirty and it seems like this is peoples home. They are up all night screaming running up and down the walk ways
I was shocked my the bed side Wall light it ended up knocking out all the lights in the room. When someone did showed up he was drunk and had urinated the front of his trousers. The microwave filled the the room with smoke. If your choice is this hotel and your car. Your car should be your only choice.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2015

Proceed with caution. The motel insists that it has 24-hour security however even if it does, it still manages to attract a criminal element although in a safe part of Charleston. I suppose the low rates attract long-term guests who find the motel convenient to use for illicit purposes. The online police reports speak for themselves. On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 all 200 guests at the motel had to be evacuated and sheltered at a middle school after a meth lab exploded in one of the rooms that had 2 adults and 2 children in it. Unless you're brave, I'd be very wary. The information is online for those wishing to Google it. Again, safe area of town but a motel with definite crime issues that have been ongoing for years. The community wants InTown Suites gone since their owners don't seem to care to do anything about their being a blight upon our community.

Room Tip: All rooms open to the outside and are along the heavily congested U.S. Hwy. 17 South
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo