Motel 6 Charleston South
US$229
  • Pool
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$203
  • Restaurant
Indigo Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$220
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$307
  • Breakfast included
Inn at Middleton Place(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$459
US$432
Zero George Street
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I ended up being a day early for my reservation, at 6pm I called via Bluetooth and asked for a room for the night as well as My reserved room. They said they would hold one for me. at 815pm I finally arrived.
Staff was courteous and friendly.
Room was a Basic King Size Bed room. Bed was comfortable.
Again, the rooms are Very Basic, but just a place to crash for a night or two they are more than adequate.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Long story short....I had left an item in the room when checking out that was important. Called management later that day and gave them all the information they needed. Was told by their front desk that they would call me back next day. They did not. So I called them back and restated my situation, letting them know I was happy to cover any cost related to have the item returned to me. I was told that they had not found the item and they seemed completely indifferent about my request. So I contacted the Motel 6 corporate office and spoke with their Guest Relations. They called the hotel while I was on hold and I was told that they spoke with the GM and she would be sending the item out. I then called the hotel and spoke with the GM to confirm that the item was found, to offer payment for their time spent, and ensure they had the name and address correct. Was told by the GM that she would be sending the package the next day. Three days later I receive a voice mail from the hotel wanting to make sure they had the correct address.

So, in summary, the GM did not keep her promise and she was perfectly aware of the time constraints that further complicated the issue. Spoke with corporate again to express my livid disappointment that their GM was ignoring a customer's needs. That phone call turned out to be a waste of time.

I will never set foot on a Motel 6 property again and I strongly encourage the rest of the civilized world to give Motel 6 the cold shoulder as well. And oh yes, now I know what the little bites on my legs and lower abdomen were. In reading recent posts, it would seem the property has a bed bug problem. I'm even willing to bet that the bugs are treated better than some of their customers.

Stay away from Motel 6. You deserve better.

Room Tip: Don't go there....stay away
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank swampy2018
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Charleston South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Hotel 6 is a basic room, no fridge or hairdryer, and extra for wifi, but usually clean and functional. But in this case they need to check out room 107, the bed nearest the bathroom, because I had over 20 bed bug bites the following day. The staff were so helpful and pleasant, and I wish I could give a better review, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eurilla
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Kristen greeted us at the front desk. She was so sweet and so nice at check in. Our room was clean. The rate was very reasonable. The bed was not as comfortable as I like. In the morning I spoke with the manager. He was very nice and apologized for the bed. I would stay here again. They also offer free coffee in the lobby in the morning.

Room Tip: If you want a refrigerator or microwave, you must ask when you reserve the room. You can get internet by paying for it.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

We drove from Myrtle Beach to Charleston and stayed only one night. I do not think I could have stayed longer. It is a bit sketchy and I would not have felt safe if my husband had not been with me. I actually put a chair against the door anyway.
The room itself was just basic but clean. Bed lumpy a bit. The room is functional and if you just need to rest for a few hours and go back out, you should be OK.
There is a McDonald's and other fast food places across the street to eat. Short ride into downtown Charleston to see the sights. Not far from the beach, so location (with a car) was fine.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple