1,717 results
All reviews kevin mcquade walking tour historic district amazing concierge his enthusiasm morris island king street helped us plan within walking distance restaurant reservations rocking chairs fort sumter marion square few blocks walked everywhere hotel is in a great location meeting street
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was our second time staying at this hotel for a conference. We loved the location, size of the rooms, the swimming pool, and the friendly staff. They also have a decent sized fitness center.

We look forward to staying here again next year. We used the Marriott app to request things like early check in, extra shampoo and towels and they were very quick to respond. Again, the location can't be beat for Charleston, you can walk pretty much every where. We ate all our meals off site so I can't comment on their food offerings.

Room tip: View of the pool, high floor
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank healsea
Reviewed 6 November 2018

I know that they are not in need of business, in the best location, lots of business. Our room for two nights cost over $600, incl taxes, but not parking. When I checked out, they charged me way over $700. I questioned the amount. I was told that the price given to me was not including tax. We were in a hurry to leave, and did not dwell on the bill. Later, I checked my reservation, and discovered that they were wrong. My advice is always check the payment against your reservation. They totally disregard or may not even have your reserved price on hand. I was charged more than $80 over. In addition, for the price, the hotel is old and outdated. The a la carte breakfast was so so. Oh, for sure do not order the chicken sausage, order the traditional pork sausage. The chicken sausage tasted awful. Do not stay here unless you have to.

Room tip: Highest floor, and view over harbor is quiet. I feared our connecting room. There was some noise, not too bad.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank boxspacelady
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here the night of our wedding to port a cruise ship the next day...it would have been cheaper and more convenient to drive down the day of. The staff was not helpful or friendly. And on top of paying so much for a room you have to pay for parking? Like what hotels do that? Will not be visiting again

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CharlestonCtyd, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Hi Torrie,
Congratulations on your recent wedding, and thank you for taking the time to share on Tripadvisor. I apologize if you did not have a positive experience with our staff. We take great pride in delivering a great experience so I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We know that all travelers have choices when it comes to hotels, so I do hope you'll give us another try. As far as parking, we believe we are priced fairly relative to all the other hotels in downtown Charleston. We do hope you'll give us another try!
Thank you!

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Wasn't expecting to like this hotel, but we did. Found location very walkable for sites and restaurants. Not sure they realize what a gem they have in Andrea their concierge. She made our week! Would definitely stay there again

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 243MicheleB
CharlestonCtyd, General Manager at Courtyard Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Hi 243MicheleB!
Thank you very much for the great review of the Courtyard Charleston Historic District! I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised! I'm also glad Andrea was of great service to you!
Be sure to come see us again when your travels bring you to Charleston!

Jim Fournier
Courtyard Charleston Historic District

Reviewed 13 October 2018

We stayed at the Courtyard Charleston Historic District for six days and enjoyed every one of them. The hotel is conveniently located on one corner across from Marion Square and near many restaurants all within walking area. The standard room with a balcony was very clean and staff was friendly. The daily parking fee ($23/day) seemed excessive, but space is at a premium, so it's probably a necessary evil. The hotel has a swimming pool, fitness center, and a café where you stand in line to place a order. No free breakfasts here!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple