3,895 results
All reviews barbadoes room great location barbados room poogan's porch queen street within walking distance historic district holiday inn valet parking beautiful courtyard rooms are small corner room southern charm meeting street charming hotel per day downtown charleston
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel was lovely but the front desk staff seemed like they are all brand new to customer service. Checking in was a nightmare, checking out even worse. When we tried to leave keys so late arriving guests could get into the rooms they lost the names. When I asked a question about my room rate I was just yelled at by the staff. I’m unclear why my honest question was greeted with hostility but I was greatly disappointed in the level of service especially when we were paying over $500 a night. The bell hop lost my luggage and did not seemed concerned at all that it was missing. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2018

3 night stay. Beautiful hotel. We somehow were put in an ADA room and thought that it was a bit small overall and while it was adequate it didnt really match the elegance of the lobby. It was clean and comfortable but not anything special.
Drive around the corner and park in the public parking on the 4th level and you walk right to the hotel connector . Small annoyance was at breakfast outside at 9:00am service was extremly slow and the hostess/mgr was no where to be found. But most annoying was that they started to set up tents and tables for an event scheduled later that day, while we and others were still trying to enjoy breakfsast. One guest tripped over a tent pole on the ground (we all saw that coming) . Nice hotel for the value all in all.

Room Tip: make sure you are not put in an ADA room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed 19 May 2018

The mills house is one of my favorite hotels in Charleston. Probably the best located out of all the many fine hotels. While the guest rooms may be on the smaller side (not uncommon in older hotels), the common areas (indoor and outdoors) are excellent. two great bar areas and a great place to start the day with breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here and chose it because it is very central to the main areas of interest and within easy walking distance.

Our bathroom in room 338 is in need of refurbishment, is at the back of the hotel overlooking part pool area part car park.

The reception staff couldn’t do enough for us. We didn’t eat at the hotel but the food looked great and I overheard lots of positive comments.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2018

We were lucky and were upgraded to a Junior Suite for our overnight stay here. While the view from our room wasn't the best, the room was very nicely appointed and clean. Lovely garden seating for afternoon drinks, had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. both yummy. can be pricey but your in the center of historic Charleston. Great location as restaurants, shops and historic areas are all within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Cree S, Manager at The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for visiting with us. It was wonderful having you with. I am happy that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to your return.

Cree Stubbs