3,588 results
All reviews club level palmetto cafe thoroughbred club retractable roof beautiful hotel room service luxury hotel southern charm junior suite rooftop pool bell staff king street turn down service the concierge level fitness center heart of downtown bottle of champagne
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in July. The Hotel is beautiful. I can't say enough about the amenities and the helpful staff. The grounds at the Hotel were manicured and well-kept. We used the pool and the hot tub. Both were clean and modern. The roof top deck was very relaxing at night. The rooms were clean and had EVERYTHING we could have possibly needed. The beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The turndown service at night was a pleasant surprise for us the first night and the complimentary chocolate covered strawberries were tasty and just a fun treat. They even filled our ice bucket for us. The bathroom was modern and spacious and the shower was awesome. Just a great hotel! Nothing negative to say. The elevators worked well and we never had to wait. The staff was so helpful and dedicated to their job. Would love to stay at Charleston Place the next time I visit Charleston.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear CindyLu1964,

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the amenities and the helpfulness of our staff, as well as the comfort of your room. It is our goal to ensure that each and every guest feels pampered and relaxed, and I am so pleased to learn that you did during your time with us. We hope to welcome you to our hotel should your travels bring you back to our lovely city, and for the best rates available, please book directly with us.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

A great hotel with all the necessities met. I am a sucker for steam rooms that are available to hotel guests. There is a nice southern charm to this location with the staff that has the same charm.

Comfort - 5
The room, bed and bathroom were all comfortable and made our stay very pleasant. Bonus that staff, valet and servers made a great effort to make the stay pleasant. Was very impressed with several of them remembering our names.

Cleanliness - 4
They make a great effort to keep this location spik an spank but there just may be too many guests during our stay that there were some misses.

Location - 5
Right in the heart of downtown Charleston. Also have a little “shopping area” in the location with 3 types of restaurants to visit (bar, brunch and fine dining)

Will definitely return. Thank you Belmond for making my short vacation so pleasant

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear skankymonk,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and were pleased with our Southern hospitality, charm, and enjoyed the amenities. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

My girlfriend and I had a fantastic experience at Belmond Charleston Place over the 4th of July. The hotel is charming and conveniently located in the heart of the downtown area near great restaurants, bars and shopping. Our room was gorgeous with all of the necessary amenities and a beautifully renovated bathroom. The blackout curtains resulted in a wonderful night's sleep!

The rooftop pool, terrace and bar were a huge plus and a great place to spend an afternoon. Our massages at the Spa were top notch and incredibly relaxing! All of the staff were accommodating and showed true southern hospitality. They have a great system for storing bags if you arrive before your check-in time or after you check-out.

Our experience exceeded our expectations and we will definitely be back. Highly recommend Belmond Charleston Place to anyone visiting Charleston!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Buddyc5,

Thank you for staying with us over the holiday. I am pleased that you enjoyed the charm, convenient location, and amenities of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our Southern hospitality, and that your experience exceeded your expectations. We certainly hope to welcome you back soon, and for the best rates available please book directly with us.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

From the moment you drive up to the moment you leave; you are pampered. The staff go above and beyond. Two of the four restaurants are 4 diamond and well worth the time. Steak at Charleston Grill is awesome! Amanda & Jordan at the Thoroughbred Club are awesome bar tenders; they really make you feel at home. Right at the corner of Meeting & Market Streets, this is the best location for walking virtually everything in Charleston's historical district.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Dave H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I am delighted you felt pampered the entire time, you enjoyed our Southern hospitality, amenities, and convenient location. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I've been cooling my feet for a fair few days in this venue while visiting Historic Charleston, and the reception continues to make me feel 'right at home' Comfy lounge chairs overlooking the lobby, I can spy with my little eye the ebb and flow of the entire retail corridor. Fashion Central, and the staff is happy as doves to deliver table nibbles repeatedly, even if I'm sipping the 3 reload of an iced tea with a twist of southern mint in it... Good bar eats as well, but don't do it in outside temperatures approaching 100 outdoors IF you still have 2 miles of walking tour to get under your belt.

Room tip: Get some of the fabulous monogramed stationary and envlopes from the lobby desk team. Nobody writes real letters any longer!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear AmericaOverEasy,

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are delighted you chose to stay with us. I am so pleased that you continue to feel "right at home," and are enjoying your time with us. We hope you'll choose to stay at Belmond Charleston Place should your travels bring you back to our lovely city.