All reviews free shuttle shuttle service small balcony folly beach marina view california dreaming historic district sink area the breakfast area free breakfast james island minute drive breakfast staff ashley river king suite each evening beds were comfortable
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I arrived here on a Wednesday afternoon. We were a bit annoyed as the king room we reserved was not ready. We were offered two queens and a lower rate. I asked when the room would be ready and was told not till evening as they had a large number of people checking out. I said we would wait but we needed to change and was met with silence. I had injured my hand on this vacation and found the roomier bed helped me sleep better. For some reason they did not want us to wait so I think they had reserved our room for someone else. Same thing happened to the couple we were meeting there. We were offered a complimentary bottle of wine. It was a mini bottle. Honestly, I think they could have done a little better than they did.
Besides this frustrating beginning I will say the room was clean and spacious and quiet. The bathroom sink leaked almost right away and they didn’t send anyone till the next morning to fix it. We could see that they had come in as they left a towel by the pipes. I also think the amenities were sparse. Shampoo, conditioner and soap. No hand cream.
The breakfast was very good. Eggs were well made and there was a nice variety of healthy choices.
Would I stay here again?....probably yes as quiet & cleanliness are priorities but I think they could have handled things better.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear palomino62,

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being our guest. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and outstanding service to every guest, and we are sorry for the issues you encountered with your reservation and in your bathroom. We will certainly make improvements in these areas, and we hope you will give us an opportunity to show you a five-star experience when you return to our city. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

The location, free breakfast, free parking, free internet, and rates radically lower than the downtown area contributed to my family spending Presidents' Day weekend at this property. I'll admit that I was disappointed with the dated room and the fact that our shower did not drain the first day, but the incredible view, and immediate service to fix the shower, changed my tune -- the service technician (Daryl, I think, was his name!) was just too nice and efficient for me to fault the property! And waking up to sunrise over the water with views of the downtown skyline was just too amazing. We'll either be staying here or at the next-door Residence Inn the next time we visit Charleston!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear rachelbottoms,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments about the SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview. We are glad to know you were impressed with our reasonable prices and the attentive service provided by our associates. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to hosting you again whenever you are back here.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Wife and I stayed here overnight on our trup to Charleston. Very very clean and updated. Staff was great. Breakfast they provide wasnt bad. Served eggs, sausage, grits. Variety of cereal. Had bagels and other bread products. All served fresh. Definitely recommend staying here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank efreeman1016

Dear efreeman1016,

Thank you for being our guest at SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview and for sharing your review. We are pleased to read you & your better half had a delightful stay with us and enjoyed everything we offer. Thanks again for recommending us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I come here often and I think I'll move elsewhere in the future. The place is clean and has a nice location. The price is OK but that does it for the good stuff. The bathroom is tight, the heating and ac systems are noisy and just shoot out sir from under the window, the sound proofing is poor, the breakfasts are below average, and you only get soap, shampoo and conditioner. No lotion, shower cap, etc. Seems like they skimp.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank World_Traveller914
TeamMarriott, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear World_Traveller914, We appreciate your comments regarding your stay. Our goal is to provide each guest with comfortable accommodations and outstanding service, and we apologize for letting you down. We appreciate your business and hope you will consider giving us an opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

# Good Location based on your plan. We were visiting McLeod plantation which was 5 mins from hotel. Downtown was 6 mins so worked out well
# Staff was friendly
#Breakfast was not bad. Could be better though.
# Cleanliness was ok.

Overall not a bad option based on your plan.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share feedback. We are happy your overall visit was acceptable but we apologize the breakfast fell short of your expectations. We do hope you'll return so we can provide you with a more outstanding experience.