“Weather”

Reel Fish Finder Charters
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 August 2013

James took my dad and I out in the pouring rain with a side a wind and we still boated 15+ nice Reds and a bonnetthead, so needless to say James knows where the fish are rain or shine! Will be back again and again!
Thanks again James
See you soon
Josh & Brian

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I took my three boys’ last week out with Captain James for our first charter experience. We had a great time and would highly recommend this to anyone considering a charter trip with Captain James. He worked tirelessly in order to make our trip awesome! He knows his way around the water, and knows some great spots. I will do it again! He made us feel like we have known him forever. And oh yea, we caught some really big fish!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I are on a mission to fish in all 50 states, so we've been out with quite a few fishing guides. Capt. James is definitely one of the best. His boat is big, clean, and FAST! He is also good for a few laughs. We were only out for a half day trip with him, but he did his best to put us on the fish and make sure we were back to the dock ontime. We caught several 'over sized' redfish, despite some really dirty water due to high tides and lots of rain. Next time we're back in Charleston, we'll be going out with Capt James again!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I first fished with Capt James in May 2012. He picked me up at the dock at 730 am and we proceeded to head out. The first thing you notice is the 24 foot Scout he drives is beautiful and well equipped. We needed to catch bait so we rode out and scanned the surface for flipping menhaden. We caught a bunch of big menhaden and then started scooping ball jellies for bait. I advised him that as an avid fisherman, I really wanted to get in some bigger redfish. (quality over quantity) He guaranteed we would get into some big redfish, but we would have to fish the jetties on the falling tide. We proceeded 8 miles out to a man made reef and started dropping live menhaden out. We caught several nice redfish right from the start that were 26-27 inches. (Unfortunately not between the 13"-24" limit) We started catching a lot of small Seabass that acted like they were big boys, and a few bluefish. That's when we first noticed the Spadefish school surface. We began chumming the water with cut jellyfish, and caught several huge Spadefish which are pound for pound, probably the best fighting fish I've ever dealt with on light tackle. We filled the cooler and had a great time doing so. We also witnessed a 15 foot Tiger Shark swim directly under the boat along with 7-8 large Cobia surrounding him. It was an unreal sight!! Capt James was alot of fun to fish with as we laughed and cut up constantly. The tide was about to start receding so we made a beeline for the jetties. When we arrived, the sea had decided it wanted to throw 3-4 foot seas at us with large swells. We anchored and threw out a large blue crab and hooked up almost immediately. After a short fight I pulled up a 30 plus inch fish. After pictures were taken, the drag on another reel started screaming and i knew we were hooked up with a winner! I grabbed the pole and was unprepared for the epic battle I was in for. After about 25 minutes I pulled in the biggest redfish I had ever seen. Capt James estimated the fish to be 40+ pounds! My arms were cramping after catching all the big fish we caught so I told him I was done! Lol. We headed to the dock and ate a fresh fish dinner together before heading out. I have fished with him again since then, with a similar successful trip. I can't recommend James ENOUGH, as he is a great Captain and knows where the fish are at all times. If you want to have a kickass fishing trip by yourself or with your kids, Capt James and Reel Fish Finders is the charter to use!

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I can't say enough about how great our experience was with Captain James and Reel Fish Finder Charters in Charleston South Carolina. We were picked up in really nice 25 foot boat and right away we knew we had picked the right company. Captain James greeted us with friendly smile and we were under way. I can't say enough about how beautiful and equipped this boat was and we were ready for a day of fishing.

Captain James had every kind of bait you could imagine live Menhaden, live Blue Crabs, among all kinds of other options. He took us out of Shem Creek through the Charleston Harbor, it was a great view and then on to where the Big Bull Red's live. Once we arrived, he anchored us down and got ust started. He got all the lines rigged and baited and got us all going and within a couple of minutes we started hooking up BIG RED's. My dad and I were really excited we couldn't believe the size of these fish.

We caught Big Bull Red Fish, Lady Fish and Sharp Nose Sharks. It was a great day on the water. The boat had a fantastic sound system and a big motor to get us where we needed to be. I can't say enough about the boat it was maticulously clean and handled awesome!

I would definitly do this again. Thanks so much Captain James! We'll be back for sure!

2  Thank Banana_Pancakes