DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District
US$229
  • Pool
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$366
Official Site
US$307
  • Breakfast included
Inn at Middleton Place(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$200
Sleep Inn Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$115
Indigo Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$124
US$364
2,471 results
All reviewsdouble treegreat locationhistoric districtfront deskvalet parkingwithin walking distancecity markettwo storycookieswet barking suitevalet staffliving areawould stay here againcarriage rideper dayfew blocks
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great location, overwhelmed housekeeping, very old and worn decor in room. Check-in service delayed upon our arrival and also on subsequent days. Room in desperate need of renovation. Perfectly situated, so I hope they can fix the problems.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brad H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Langdon909,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Charleston. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced during your visit. I would like to provide resolution to your concerns and I will contact you to see how I may assist to make it right for you.

I am very glad to report that we will be undergoing a transforming renovation in 2019 to update all areas of the hotel. My hope is that you will return in the future. I offer my personal assistance for any future visits to Charleston.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

ok I will start with I am a loyal honors member. This was my 3rd stay with Dbltree and honestly I will not use the brand again. First of all, I paid alot for a Balcony room one of 4 in the hotel that said Balcony with a City view. Ok you think it will be of historic Charleston but wait my city view was on the 2nd floor looking at a 4 story parking garage and it was located not in the main part of the hotel but in the back. I was not a happy hilton honors person at all. Then I am supposed to get water each day, was not offered it but the first day of three. Rooms are dated and really need updating and bed was ok but not as comfortable as it should be. Very pricy for what I got. Check in was a mess, I had asked for early checkin but did not get in till after 4 pm, yes I know that is the normal time they tell you. Oh and the view off the upper deck pool is great of the river but Holiday Inn tower blocks sunsets. The location is great for walking around the riverfront but some of the sites are quite a good walk if you are not up to that. There are alot of options for hotels around. Valet parking is a pain also but the parking lot across the street costs the same and you h ave to pay in and out eahc time.

Dear Susan A,

Thank you for providing feedback for your visit to Charleston. I beleive you may have inadvertantly chosen our hotel in error as we don't overlook the water or have a pool.

Please contact me at the hotel at 843-577-2644 if I may assist in any way.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Location is perfect. Your right in the Historic District and everything is in walking distance. Staff is so helpful and kind. We were there for over a week and enjoyed the suite room which gave us some space. Great vacation at great hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brad H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear martha5477,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Holy City. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that the staff took very good care of you during your visit.

My hope is that you will come back again very soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We were so glad to have chosen this hotel. It was right in the heart of Charleston. Yes, they do charge for valet parking, but it was so worth it. We had a room on the first floor that looked out into the courtyard. It was quiet and nice. The room was comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. We were close to everything and walked to all of our activities. We visited Fort Sumter and walked down to Battery Park. The historic market in across the street and there are endless food choices nearby.

Stayed: April 2018
Brad H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Hello MJJJB,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Charleston. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

My hope is that you will join us again in the future. Please let me know if I may assist in any way.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The room was bery dated and required carpeting, bathrooms were like a 70s motel, beds were very uncomfortable as well, very poor value for what you would expect to get from a Hilton chain. I payed over 1200 USD and used over 160000 points for a 5 night stay in a shabby room on the second floor at the very end of the hall

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brad H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear 67daltonh,

Thank you for staying with us duirng your visit to Charleston. I sincerely apologize for the challenges that you encountered during your visit.

While many guests do enjoy the decor and ambiance of the hotel, we will be undergoing a significant renovation next year to completely reinvent the hotel with new guest areas, a coffee shop, incredible courtyard bar area and so much more.

My hope is that you will return in the future to see the changes. I offer my personal assistance either now or in the future. I want to make certain we make it right. I will attempt to reach you to follow-up and provide resolution. Please feel free to reach me at any time at the hotel.