US$84
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$149
US$128
Hampton.com
US$90
ComfortSuites
US$111
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$114
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

Marriott's Heritage Club(Hilton Head)
US$373
Marriott
US$357
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe cottagesgolf cartthe riversteam showerscreened in porchtop notchadult poolmain buildinglagoon viewfire pitbeautiful propertysouthern charmvillage hometree housesea islandlong weekendoysters
Reviewed 2 May 2018

One of the worst hotel experiences I have had in a long time.
The place: Not to my tastes- maybe to some. It's along the lines of the American resorts- everything made to look like an old fashioned American town. It's set on a huge property and it takes about 15 minutes to drive into the living area from the gate. There are "town churches", "local restaurants" etc. There is even a neighborhood with little houses and picket fences. The main hotel is fine enough with big dining rooms and a pool. The fireplace in the lobby is fake. We had rooms further away by a pool. It felt more like bland condo living.
The rooms: spacious and fine. Nothing fabulous. I found a cockroach in my bedroom and mentioned it to the cleaning woman and she said I must have left the door open (I did not).
Traveling with a child: See gator comment, above. Also- they wanted to charge $30/night for a child's bed.
Logistically: a nightmare. If you are staying in the main hotel they take away your car. If you stay in the condos you get to keep your car but then the distances to the different restaurants are great. They will charge you a ton of money to rent a golf cart and they even charge money to rent their bikes.
Scary Part: It's surrounded by lagoons and there are alligators in the water. We have a 4 year old and this did not sit well with us at all.
Our grievances: On the first night there was extremely loud club music coming from the next room for hours. I complained several times and nothing was done. By 11pm, I was exhausted as it made it impossible to put my kid down to sleep. It took me 6 phone calls and several hours to have them resolve the problem. In the morning, when we woke up late I asked them if they could arrange breakfast and their reply was that we had missed it. No one from the from desk even checked in to apologize for the previous night.
Also: when I asked about excursions (ie; going out on the water) they offered their very expensive boats. I asked if there were boats on Hilton Head and they replied no. They also told us not to go anywhere near Hilton Head b/c of the golf tournament (traffic). Ineed, that it would be better to stay on the hotel grounds. So first off, there are plenty of boats in bluffton and the surrounding areas that charge less than half what Montage charges. And secondly, there was a large part of Hilton Head we could explore without getting caught up in the traffic.
And: I truly expected breakfast to be included given the crazy price I was paying- but I was told that since I took their "best available deal", it was not. Which brings me to the staff. They front desk staff were unfriendly, cold and condescending. The only nice person was Ms Pat at the concierge desk so a big shout out to her. The restaurant people were quite nice as well as maintenance staff.
Restaurants: mediocre and overpriced.
Bottom Line: This is not for everyone. We were the only family that spoke a foreign language and it seemed like most of their visitors are from the region. So some of this is perhaps different expectations. But frankly, having stayed at hotels all over the world, this place is overpriced and completely underwhelmed us (and even freaked me out in a stepford wives kind of way).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank PSaarShoval
Will J, Hotel Manager at Montage Palmetto Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear PSaarShoval.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our mission is to provide a wonderful experience for every one of our guests and it is apparent that we did not achieve our mission on this occasion. I'm very sorry that your visit to our resort did not meet your expectations. Guest feedback is very valuable as we strive to improve our services and facilities. So I would be grateful for an opportunity to speak with your further and hopefully regain your favor. Please give me a call if you would be amenable to a conversation.

843-706-6503

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed on the hotel bldg. Rooms were cleaned, first day we arrived we found a spider right on top of my bed, called the Housekeeping and they sent someone right away. The Resort is at a remote location so if you don't have a car you will need to call the hotel to drive you around within the property. There is only 2 restaurants on property.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Will J, Manager at Montage Palmetto Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear moody22202,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased to learn our team took care of the insect in your room right away and apologize you had that encounter.
I hope you were able to enjoy our Cadillac program - this is a complimentary offering for our resort guests to take one of our Cadillac's out to explore the resort or surrounding areas. This is a great option for our guest who may not want to worry with a car during their visit.
I hope you will come back to visit us again soon, thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

There is not doubt that this is a beautiful property. We chose to stay here over The Cloister on Sea Island or The Breakers in Palm Beach to try a new place. It was Saturday of Easter weekend.
We checked in about 3:00 pm The woman who checked us in told us she would make it a “priority”. By 5:00 pm we still did not have our room. We had a river cruise at 6:00 and had very little time to prepare by the time they allowed us in our room at 5:15. One of the bellmen, a wonderful fellow who sounded as if he was from Kenya, was shocked hat we were treated this way. He apologized repeatedly as we waited around the lobby. The front desk staff showed no concern, just responded they were “busy”.
In addition, front desk staff did not inform us of events or amenities. We were given a map and a brief overview but we had to go online to find the Easter weekend events calendar I had seen when we booked.
We stayed several nights and enjoyed the resort but the service is just NOT what it should be. We had to request housekeeping clean our room on two days after returning to it about 4 pm and it still had not been cleaned from the morning. We enjoyed the adult pool but the closest bathroom was repeatedly not cleaned! On the second day of our stay I complained about the trash all over the floor and the cocktails from the evening before littered around the sink. The front desk staff did not apologize - just looked at me and said they’d tell housekeeping. It did get cleaned but the same process was repeated on Day 3 where they had no hand towels and trash was littered about again. He pool attendant has to walk all the way over to the family pool bar each time a drink is ordered so she wasn’t around much. I don’t see this as her fault. A runner between the pool bar and The adult pool would easily fix the problem.
The coffee in the lobby is a lovely touch but it was not monitored so they would quickly run out. I tried asking the restaurant nearby to fill it but they rolled their eyes and made a phone call and I had to wait 12 minutes. Why not just pour the guest a cup of coffee into the empty paper cup?
Overall we enjoyed our stay but were expecting better service from a Montage property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GA2310

Dear GA2310,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It brings us great joy to have welcomed you here over the Easter weekend holiday. However, I am disappointed to learn about the challenges you faced while visiting with us. It is very important to welcome our guests and give them valuable information about the resort so they are able to enjoy all of what the Lowcountry has to offer. The many service delays you experienced are certainly not our norm. Cleanliness of the resort and common spaces is something we take very serious, please know I will be reviewing this with our teams to ensure we are more proactive in the future. I hope you will come back to visit us again us soon. I assure you we will be better prepared next time.

Thank you for being our special guest.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The one star is not for the experience. The experience is a clear five star rating. I recently stayed for three nights. On getting to the airport I realized I had left my hearing aid case (with hearing aids) in the room. I called and asked they be sent to me quickly and charge it to my room. And I waited and waited for them to arrive. When I called one week later the purchasing team (in charge of returning lost items) said they had just that day given the hearing aids to Federal Express. And they were shipped Ground. Will arrive four days later.

I called to complain to a manager and felt even worse. I assumed that this was an isolated incident. No. "The purchasing department followed proper procedure and we apologize for any inconvenience."

My one star rating is for a leadership team that undermines their outstanding employees with policies that make no sense (except to manage costs). $8000 hearing aids (which are a medical necessity) should not be returned with the same casual thought as a scarf.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Lane C

Dear Lane C,

I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. I am disappointed that we failed to properly respond when your personal items were left behind. It is very important to us to get items back to our guests in a timely manner.

I am however happy we had the opportunity to speak and hope you will consider being our guest again soon in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to let me know if I may personally assist you as you plan your next visit.

843-706-6503

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely spot with great trails, scenery, and wildlife. Pat at the concierge desk and Dennis in the salon are fabulous ambassadors of the Low Country. I would have liked more lunch and dinner venue options as it’s easier to stay on property if there for just a weekend. Bicycles should be complimentary for resort guests.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank P513
Will J, Manager at Montage Palmetto Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear P513,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! I am so pleased you enjoyed the beauty of the Lowcountry as well as your interactions with some of our team members, we have shared your kind words with them. We appreciate your feedback on the dining options as well as the bicycles. As we continue to grow in years to come we always look to our loyal guest like yourself for guidance on improvements. Thank you for sharing that with us!

We are looking forward to having you back soon!