All reviews the cottages golf cart the river steam shower screened porch top notch adult pool beautiful property lagoon view fire pit main building tree house southern charm village home sea island oysters a special place
Reviewed 17 June 2016

We were blown away by our first visit to Montage Palmetto Bluff! We decided to go for a few nights to celebrate my birthday, our anniversary and upcoming baby and are so glad we did. The entire resort is so peaceful, beautiful and well-kept. The staff was wonderful and very attentive, even upgrading our room upon arrival! Our room was gorgeous with an amazing view of the pool, lagoon and water.

We had dinner at both Buffalo's and the Canoe Club and the food and service was wonderful at both! We also ate breakfast both days at Buffalo's- excellent options and food! We ate lunch by the adult pool both days and loved the great poolside service. I do wish the pool bar had more food options, but it was wonderful.

While it is a bit expensive, it was 100% worth every dollar! We are already talking about when we can go back again with our family.

Room tip: Lagoon Guest House King- amazing views and quick access to adult pool and fitness center
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura A
PalmettoBluff, Manager at Montage Palmetto Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Laura A,

Thank you for choosing Montage Palmetto Bluff to celebrate your many special occasions, and congratulations on your upcoming child! I'm so happy to hear that our staff made such a memorable impact on your visit, and that you were truly able to experience the peace and harmony that the natural surroundings provide.

I appreciate your feedback on your many dining experiences on property and will pass your kind words along to our Culinary team. We have many families that return to the resort again and again to enjoy the Lowcountry lifestyle, and we hope to welcome you back as one of those families again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Beautiful hotel . Very unique . Staff very attentive to detail . Shout out to bellman, Garfield...Would recommend for singles,
couples and families ...so much to do. The new hotel (addition) looks very nice. Food was also very good at the restaurants. Entertainment at night and the s'mores was such a lovely touch. Recommend the sunset cruise! Very convenient to also have the market on site . Loved biking around this resort and taking in all the beautiful scenery . Great lap pool for adults only.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Cindy W

Cindy W,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Montage Palmetto Bluff! We are truly humbled by your comments and are grateful for the feedback. The staff is eagerly anticipating the September 1st opening of our brand new hotel expansion, but in the meantime continue to work diligently to provide a memorable experience for our guests.

I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of so many of the wonderful activities that make Palmetto Bluff such a unique and charming resort. The sunset cruise on our 100 year old river yacht "Grace" is always a favorite, and leisurely bike rides around the village and surrounding area are what we are all about. We will be sure to pass along your shout out to Garfield as well!

We look forward to your next visit, and please let me know if I may be of any personal service.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

They set us up well. We arrive to see the staff take pride in their jobs and attend to every detail. Never rushed, informative, and easy to hold a meaningful conversation. The rooms were stocked, decorated and furnished better than many other high end places I've visited. I slept well, dined well, got involved in the amenities and suddenly lost the week. We may buy in here for the community and amenities.

Room tip: choose a riverfront cottage or lagoon cottage near the end ..much quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Traveller31792
PalmettoBluff, Manager at Montage Palmetto Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Traveller31792,

Thank you for sharing your Palmetto Bluff experience on TripAdvisor! We are overjoyed to hear that you were able to combine a little bit of work with a lot of play on your recent visit. Our loyal staff is here to help you take advantage of all that the resort and local area has to offer - with all there is to do it is easy to lose track of the time! I will be certain to pass along your kind feedback to the team.

Many of our one-time visitors have turned into long-term community owners, and we would love to count you as one of them in the future. We look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to Montage Palmetto Bluff, and please let me know if I may be of personal service.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

I cannot express how well we were received from the bellmen to the front desk. They were engaging and never rushed. They answered all questions. We ere taken to our plus cottage where it was like Heaven. Everything you could need was in the cottage except food. I didn't want to leave. This is by far my favorite place to stay now. It is better than the Sanctuary at Kiawah, Sea Island, Ritz Carlton at Amelia...I could go on. Excellent food, people, excursions, smores at the fire pit. Just wow. Set the bar with this place. And this was my second visit in 3 months. Cannot wait to come back.

1  Thank Traveller31792
Reviewed 2 June 2016

We have been staying at the Inn at Palmetto Bluff for more than decade. Family vacations during different seasons, weekend getaways. It has always been wonderful as the reviews attest. But I just had the pleasure of staying in one of the new resort rooms that will be part of the expanded Inn, which opens fully on September 1. And I was very impressed. The cottages have always been outstanding: generous size, screened porches for river and lagoon watching, perfectly appointed. The new rooms are about 2/3 the size of the cottage rooms, but are equally luxurious. At a price point lower than the cottages. Anyone who has hankered to visit the Bluff but for whom the cottage rentals were just a bit beyond reach -- you're saved!! The resort rooms are priced somewhat lower, and offer excellent value. The quality of service has remained the same, and the new resort building will be a very short walk over the lagoon bridge. Well worth the trip.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank jbkster
PalmettoBluff, Manager at Montage Palmetto Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

jbkster,

Thank you for being such a longtime, loyal guest of Palmetto Bluff! We are always excited to have our guests return time and again so that we may get to know them better. Likewise, I'm happy to hear that you are getting to know our expanded resort and new room offerings a little better as well. Our goal is to continue capturing the essence of what makes the Lowcountry and Palmetto Bluff so spectacular and to share that with our visitors. Our newly enhanced Cottages and recently introduced Guest House accommodations truly offer something special for every discerning traveler.

We are greatly anticipating our September 1st opening of the new Inn itself, which will offer an additional array of exceptional amenities for our guests to enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back soon so that we can continue to share our exciting new offerings with you and your family.

Please let me know if I may be of any personal service on your next visit to Montage Palmetto Bluff.