Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Sea Island Carriage Company
from US$27.00
More Info
All reviews great tour our tour guide great overview lots of history beautiful beaufort beaufort history angus kate homes stories occupants ghost
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our guide was very knowledgeable and did a great job telling the story of Beaufort and its houses. A+

Date of experience: April 2021
Nbradley2, Owner at Sea Island Carriage Company, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

We went on an early afternoon tour. Angus was a beautiful horse. He led the way. Our tour guide was very good at introducing herself, Angus, the life of the horses and the history of the town. (Sorry, we can’t remember her name. She is an artist.)
We were hoping to see some of the houses used in movies - we did not. We saw many beautiful homes.
The carriage was very clean. We loved the earphones. It made it very easy to hear the guide at all times.
We were very surprised and disappointed that everyone was not wearing a mask, especially since we were all sitting, literally leg to leg in the carriage and the clear plastic dividers were not used. We expected these things to be enforced as advertised. The mask less got on the carriage without them and were not told to put them on.
That’s why we gave this tour a three star rating.

1  Thank PryvetEye
Nbradley2, Owner at Sea Island Carriage Company, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2021

I am SO sorry! Masks are mandatory and we have signs everywhere! I apologize for letting this happen. I will make sure to pass on this review to my employees and make SURE they are enforcing masks. I am embarrassed and sincerely sorry. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I understand the three star review.

Nichole, Owner of Sea Island Carriage Company.

Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

Great tour ... the guides were very good and it was enjoyable. They were very informative and they took great care of the horse. My husband is not a fan of “touristy” things and even he enjoyed it.

2  Thank cristilb2021

♥️

Reviewed 25 March 2021

We loved our tour with Sea Island Carriage Company! Our guide & driver were very knowledgeable & regaled us with the comprehensive history & stories about beautiful Beaufort, S.C.! This is truly a lovely place to visit & stay! Angus, our wonderful & handsome horse (!) did a super job pulling the carriage, also!
We would highly recommend this tour for families & friends!

1  Thank Wander642784
Nbradley2, Owner at Sea Island Carriage Company, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2021

Thank you!

Reviewed 22 March 2021

The tour guide (& horse trainer) did an amazing job driving the horse carriage and providing interesting historic facts about the houses and other areas of Beaufort.
You could tell the tour guide has a passion for where she lives and what she does. She enjoys sharing information with visitors and she was easy to understand on every part of the tour. (We were in the front bench seat and did not need a headset to hear.) The added Forest Gump movie facts were fun. I will take the tour again the next time I'm in Beaufort to listen to what I may not have remember from the first tour. I appreciate that they take good care of the horses and will only allow the horses to work a few days a week and not on overly hot and humid days.

1  Thank brendakayberk