“Mind blowing! ”
Review of Skydive Newport

Skydive Newport
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

Awesome business! They provided an absolutely amazing experience that I will never forget! Super friendly and safety conscious. I'll be back!

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Jumped on 08/14/15. The Dive team and staff are super friendly. A few of the staff were even familiar with the crew that work at the Space Center SkyDive in Titusville, FL. Very small plane. It only hold two tandem jumpers at a time. The scenic view from 10,000 feet above is just as exciting as the adrenaline rush from the jump.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

My husband and I sought a spectacular setting over which to make our first tandem dive, and this was truly a perfect location with views stretching across beach and water scenes to Cape Cod, Block Island, etc. After researching industry standards, aircraft details, the liability waiver (I'm an attorney), and safety records (one sprained ankle in 17 years), as well as corresponding with owner Marc, we were as comfortable as we could possibly be about jumping out of a plane at 10,000 feet :) Marc, his wife and son, and the entire staff were welcoming, comforting, and extremely professional. No time was wasted in getting us ready and onto the plane (and then off of the plane once we were up in the sky!). NICK was my fabulous instructor/partner and RICH was with my husband. They kept us laughing and feeling at ease during our quick flight up. When the time to jump came, there was no moment of hesitation, we just jumped, and the rush was amazing. It was windy and loud, but there was no churning stomach or any other such feeling (very smooth free fall). I felt a bit dizzy and screamed when my open eyes saw the world spinning as we rotated initially, but once we started falling straight down, it was strangely peaceful and serene to just look out across the horizon. The parachute opened without fail halfway down (there were several back-up emergency measures in place in case it didn't open), and then we just floated down to the ground over the course of a few more minutes. I tried to steer the parachute but have little arm strength and had to leave it to NICK. The landing was a simple touch down and step. Everything went smoothly and we enjoyed every minute of our adventure. Definitely get the photo/video package, at least for the first jump. We look forward to returning!!

1  Thank Najia S
Reviewed 30 May 2015

Skydiving in Rhode Island with Skydive Newport was a wonderful experience. They are extremely professional. The guides that jump with you have a lot of experience under their belts. One of our guides has been skydiving for 15 years and the other one for 40 years. They make you feel comfortable and that you are good hands.

Skydive Newport charges $220 for the jump and an optional $95 for the photo and video package. For a person this would be $315 total. They had no hidden fees - no equipment fees, airport taxes etc. This is advertised on their website as well. This was good compared to a lot of other places that we researched which were charging $250 for just the jump and lot of other additional things. The paper work and the initial lessons do not take a long time.

We (Me and my wife) have been wanting to skydive for a long time. Some of our other friends who have done this before suggested that we go to place which is closer to the ocean for the view. They were absolutely right.

The minute you jump out of the plane, you start enjoying the view. Beautiful ocean, small beaches and small islands, the bay on one side and the city and the woods on the other. Absolutely breath taking. While you are enjoying the view and the adrenaline rush, the guides are busy taking your photos and videos. Once the parachute opens, the falling slows down and the guides give you the control of the parachute so that you can turn in different directions and enjoy the view. It was amazing.

They capture the photos and the videos all along, after you complete the crash course and once you ready, from the time you get ready, get on the tarmac, before getting into the plane, in the plane and the jump of course. Once the jump is over, they take about 20 minutes to give you the pictures and video. The video is processed very well with the background songs and all.

All said this was one of the most beautiful and amazing experiences that we had. I would definitely recommend going with Skydive Newport for your skydiving experience.

2  Thank Mugalodi
Reviewed 20 October 2014

Thank You Skydive Newport for such a memorable skydiving experience!!!

It has been a dream of mine to skydive for some time and when I visited Newport this pass winter I knew it was the place and I am SO glad I waited and went to Skydive Newport!

Everyone from the time I called and spoke with Marc to my arrival was a pleasure!

My instructor Nicky was the best and I HIGHLY recommend anyone who wants to skydive to definitely visit this lotion!!!

Memorable Experience!!! Thank You Again!!!