All reviews main line paramour restaurant front porch lancaster avenue continental breakfast charming hotel non chain cute town small hotel philadelphia area chain hotels modern conveniences within walking distance hard boiled eggs yogurt bars and restaurants up to date
Reviewed 17 November 2015

First (and last) visit August 2015. We chose the Wayne Hotel in hopes of finding the best among what have been uniformly disappointing choices in the area. The lobby makes a reasonable impression and the restaurant and bar both looked acceptable. The rooms are standard for a historic hotel that has suffered lengthy under-investment: cheap, dated furniture and tired looking bathrooms. Don't believe their claims of recent renovations, just look at the photos for yourself. The greatest indignity, however, is the incompetent staff and management. When the toilet completely failed late at night no maintenance assistance was on-site or forthcoming. So long did this drag out that I finally offered to fix it myself if they would furnish the proper implement (no home is without one; it's unfathomable a hotel would be without). But the overnight desk clerk was again dumbstruck, unable to summon the wherewithal to address what in this hotel surely cannot have been a unique circumstance. The remedy was to decamp to another room at 2am which was obviously entirely disruptive to the stay. Upon receipt of the bill the following morning (the same morning, obviously, but the brief intervening nap nearly fooled us) it was noted that the room rate for the night described was not only charged in full but actually higher than the first night! After an email exchange the hotel agreed to knock off $50 from that night's charge, as if that somehow made up for their creaking infrastructure and incompetent mismanagement of an unpleasant situation. Decent quality hotels, to say nothing of hotels that are actually good, have waived entire nights charges for lesser offenses that were handled with aplomb. It goes without saying that will will never return to the Wayne Hotel on future visits to see our family members in the area. Zero stars and two thumbs down. PT.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheJanvers
David B, General Manager at Wayne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Dear The Janvers,
Your review has come as a surprise. When we spoke with you following your stay to offer our apologies and the discount for the inconvenience, you seemed satisfied.
I think it will be useful to add some additional insight to your report.
We work very hard to ensure that the training of all employees is thorough and they are able to absorb a substantial amount of information in a short period of time. I regret that the employee on duty that night did not know or could not recall the one piece of information that might have resulted in a better experience for you when you blocked your toilet. Rest assured, her encounter with you left her in no doubt that she failed. Thankfully, this issue is a rare occurrence but she does now know the location of every plunger in the hotel should it happen again.

I am sorry that you are finding the many hotels in our area to be “uniformly disappointing” but we remain committed to ensuring a warm welcome and a comfortable stay for all our guests.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

This was my first stay at the Wayne Hotel. It is not a fancy hotel, but it is very welcoming, cozy and nice. Super clean and the beds are amazingly comfortable. Highly recommend this for business or leisure!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2015

I visited the hotel on a Friday-Sunday for a business conference for a small group of 12 individuals. The hotel was really pleasant, as were the members of the hotel staff. I was fortunate to get a corner room on the third floor, and the windows have screens so they could be opened to get a cross breeze. The food in the restaurant was excellent, though expensive compared to North Carolina, but probably in line with other places in the area. The meeting room was quite nice, and the chocolate croissants were a big hit. Wayne itself is a beautiful town, and I thoroughly enjoyed staying there. The hotel is about two miles off I476 (I believe that's right). In any event, when I left on Sunday, I was on the interstate heading south to Raleigh in no time at all, so it is very convenient. I highly recommend the property.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street are a bit noisy with the windows down, but with them closed, it is very acceptable.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2015

This was my first stay at this lovely, historical hotel. It's charming, inviting, and well-appointed. The staff is gracious, kind, and helpful. My room (4th floor) was wonderfully comfortable and quiet - perfect for relaxing or working. There are many shops and restaurants located within walking distance of the hotel which is nice, as I did not have a car. I do recommend eating at the Paramour (located within the hotel). Lovely staff and the food was delicious. The hotel offers a very generous daily continental breakfast -- coffee, tea, hardboiled eggs, assorted fruits, cereals, yogurt, and an assortment of baked goods; there is something for everyone. I definitely recommend this hotel whether it's for a business or personal stay. It is wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2015

Great location - You can walk from the train station and are right in the heart of downtown Wayne. Multiple shops, restaurants, etc. are steps away. Plus hop on the train to go into Philadelphia - no driving/parking required! Front desk staff was lovely. Free continental breakfast is included in room rate and there is more than enough (unless you are gluten free) to get you through until lunch. Had drinks and dinner at the hotel bar Thursday night - if you go early (order before 6:30) certain beer, wine and food items from the bar menu are half price. I always stay here when I come back into town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on Floors 4 or 5 for the most quiet and best views over the town.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo