All reviews main building fireside tavern two queen beds sausage two sinks outdoor pool beautiful grounds amish country sun room refrigerator and microwave waffle maker no elevator eggs potatoes lancaster area sight and sound theater restaurant next door
Reviewed 10 June 2018

The Hotel is in a GREAT location if you're wanting to go to the Sight N Sound theater. Its less than a 5 minute drive. Its also just a block from some great antique and gift shops and a few restaurants. So I give it an A for location. Although, we did not use it there is an outdoor pool. My room was in a separate building from the main hotel. There are steps to get into this building and the first step is very high so be aware if you have leg issues or are in a wheelchair. The size of my room was larger then most I've stayed in which was nice. My room had two queen beds, a lounge chair, fridge, microwave, desk, & a coffee pot for single cups of coffee. The bathroom had a tub/shower, sink, and toilet with a door for privacy but also had a vanity with a blow dryer and sink just outside of the bathroom which was great for me as I could apply my makeup and brush my teeth while my son was in the shower.

For cleanliness I'd give it a B-. When my son & I checked in I noticed that one of the hand towels were dirty and had obviously not been changed out from the previous guest. When I went to take a shower the floor towel that was nicely folded across the tub was slightly damp. I'm thinking it was also used from the previous guest. That's just gross but since there were plenty of towels I switched them out myself without complaint to the manager. I found a water bottle under one of the beds and a single candy jelly bean. These were small issues and are nothing to leave over but when the price of my room doubled because it was a weekend night stay vs a weekday the price was quite high for the accommodations.

Breakfast was great and they have a wide variety of things to eat. Eggs, Sausage, fried potatoes, a waffle maker, cereals, yogurts, fruit, coffee, juices, and milk. The seating was nice and clean.

There were cosmetic issues that need fixing but nothing so bad that I'd not stay here again. I noticed the new shower faucet and spicket yet the plug and drain hole were old and very corroded. The toilet had a wad of tissue between the lid and tank. I assume to keep it from knocking. The carpet just inside the door had stains. The framework around the door looked like it had been replaced a while ago yet caulk had never been applied to give it that finished look. Like I said, all minor issues but the price of my room made me feel that I shouldn't have had them.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2018

My wife and I stayed here for an evening and enjoyed all that the place offers. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was plentiful and the staff was friendly. We would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe K
563SusanD, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for your input. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again in Amish Country.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Had a great stay this weekend. Hotel is right down the street to all the local train attractions. There was a nice pool that the kids really enjoyed. The breakfast bar was a nice added feature. There was eggs, home fries, sausage, Belgian waffles and many other items included. I would stay here again anytime on our next visit in town.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael T
563SusanD, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you for your post. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again in Amish Country.

Susan D
Guest Services Manager
Clarion Inn, Strasburg, PA

Reviewed 18 May 2018

we did a spontaneous trip to Lancaster and this place was recommended to us by someone who's stayed here before... booked it on Expedia and it was one of the cheapest rooms we saw. (+ points there!)
Hotel's location is pretty easy to find... easier than finding the rooms since there are several different buildings and lots of stairs. i suggest taking one of the "maps" from the reception desk.
the outlets in the room were too loose to keep our phones charged, gotta maneuver the wires... the door did not lock properly, thank goodness they have a deadbolt as well since we did not feel like moving our things after a whole day of walking around... the blinds need replacing.
the room was spacious and complete with a tv, personal fridge, microwave and hair dryer. there's also coffee available in the room (not sure if free). reservation included free breakfast but we decided to eat out.
also good thing is it's near a restaurant, good for having some refreshments without worrying about travel.

over all, good for the price but id rather stay in a place with modern conveniences such as a single building, supportive pillows and an elevator lol.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shy m
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Have gone here several times is still a nice place to stay. Building is getting a little run down but staff is nice and was clean. Nice area with room to sit outside and to walk around.Will be staying again in future.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family