Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Planned to visit here before government shutdown...

Getting together with friends, we all have retired from the airlines industry. We were all still... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
30karyn
Toledo, Ohio
A Dignified Memorial to the Heroes of Flight 93

Everyone should visit this memorial once in their lifetime, it is well worth the effort to get... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
SteelTownMark
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania

1,610 results
All reviews crash site flight path visitor center moving tribute who lost their lives american heroes moving experience brave souls the world trade center beautiful tribute emotional experience fitting tribute wind chimes pa turnpike final resting place heart wrenching somber place
Reviewed 8 August 2018

While travelling in Pennsylvania, I saw what appeared to be an old billboard showing the Flight 93 Memorial. As it was more than likely a one time experience I thought it best to visit the site. Took the next offramp and googled the site on my smart phone. Once I had the exact location, I entered it into the navigation system. It was a little drive, but oh so worth it. It is a very touching and sobering reminder of how life can change in a second. I had that similar feelings when visiting the Arizona (for the first time) and Ann Frank's House in Amsterdam. Heavy with emotion. The information available is phenomenal. There is a Visitor's Center with a shop plus many exhibits throughout the building. I found a tour presentation at the beginning of the area. The volunteer was very knowledgeable and informative. As I walked through the area I was amazed at the number of people visiting. The parking lot was quite full too. Toured the upper area and then went to the lower area where the wall of names is located. More information postings are also available at the lower area too. I am so happy that I was able to view this memorial and, even more so, pleased to see the number of visitors in attendance. These fine individuals should never be forgotten no matter where the location. So very memorable and touching.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank DianeH7050
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We didn't have enough time to truly experience everything available here. The visitors center has so many interactive displays. Watching the video of the towers falling took me back to that day. I thought my sister was pranking me when she notified me of the first plane crashing. But as local TV station was next to where I worked and the crowd kept gathering to support each other. Those memories came flooding back here. I would love to come back when I can spend more time.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

An excellent stopping poin for anyone traveling through the area or a destination point for those wanting to experience the emotions of 911 up close and personal. The government got it right when they planned and built this park. It was nice to hear from the local people who are employed here and give first hand accounts of that day.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Although it is located off the major highways around Somerset County, PA, visiting this hallowed ground was a sobering reminder of the evil in this world. The heroism of the passengers of Flight 93 must never be forgotten. Good triumphed over evil that day, but at a great expense of lives lost. Freedom is never truly free. Visiting this memorial is a must.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This is a very nice memorial to the 40 men & women died trying to re-take control of Flight 93 rather than let the terrorist crash another plane on 9/11. The history of the flight is well documented in the museum and the crash site is very moving. A new tower of chimes is due to be completed in September 2018, and it should be a nice place to reflect when completed.