“A must see”

Flight 93 National Memorial
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Stoystown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The memorial site dedicated to those who lost their lives on United Airlines Flight 93, September 11, 2001.
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

The Flight 93 memorial is a must visit
Amazingly well done With respect to those who came to rest there. Emotional
But a must visit for all ages

Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"park ranger"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed 8 August 2018

While travelling in Pennsylvania, I saw what appeared to be an old billboard showing the Flight 93 Memorial. As it was more than likely a one time experience I thought it best to visit the site. Took the next offramp and googled the site on my smart phone. Once I had the exact location, I entered it into the navigation system. It was a little drive, but oh so worth it. It is a very touching and sobering reminder of how life can change in a second. I had that similar feelings when visiting the Arizona (for the first time) and Ann Frank's House in Amsterdam. Heavy with emotion. The information available is phenomenal. There is a Visitor's Center with a shop plus many exhibits throughout the building. I found a tour presentation at the beginning of the area. The volunteer was very knowledgeable and informative. As I walked through the area I was amazed at the number of people visiting. The parking lot was quite full too. Toured the upper area and then went to the lower area where the wall of names is located. More information postings are also available at the lower area too. I am so happy that I was able to view this memorial and, even more so, pleased to see the number of visitors in attendance. These fine individuals should never be forgotten no matter where the location. So very memorable and touching.

1  Thank DianeH7050
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We didn't have enough time to truly experience everything available here. The visitors center has so many interactive displays. Watching the video of the towers falling took me back to that day. I thought my sister was pranking me when she notified me of the first plane crashing. But as local TV station was next to where I worked and the crowd kept gathering to support each other. Those memories came flooding back here. I would love to come back when I can spend more time.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

An excellent stopping poin for anyone traveling through the area or a destination point for those wanting to experience the emotions of 911 up close and personal. The government got it right when they planned and built this park. It was nice to hear from the local people who are employed here and give first hand accounts of that day.