Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
wenhan726
Altoona, Pennsylvania

Recommend

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Sept 2021
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Hotel was very nice and well kept. When asking for help on places to see things to do the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Staff was really the best part of my stay. Room was very nice and comfortable. Hotel was very quiet.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 15 Sept 2021
Dear wenhan726,

All compliments are welcome, but it is especially rewarding to hear you recognize our staff. They truly breathe warm hospitality into every aspect of our hotel and make it a great place to stay. Your five-star review is appreciated and will be shared with the team. Please visit again soon!

$290
$193
  • DoubleTree
6.7 km from Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews front desk valet parking heinz museum great hotel great stay free breakfast home away from home walking distance convention center pittsburgh downtown would definitely stay here again pnc park kitchenette fireplace dishwasher game steelers
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2021

We wanted to be convenient to the Strip District, and this hotel certainly fit that bill. It was new, clean and safe. The patio is a great spot looking out over the downtown. The fire pit and gas grills are just a nice added touch.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Sunny Finnell, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2021

Dear 463donaldp,

Our location has impressed many travelers, so I am glad that you found it exceptional as well. Our staff works hard to keep the hotel looking great and running smoothly so our location can really take center stage. We appreciate you staying and recommending our hotel. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2021

I was stranded outside for over 30 minutes because I was a late check in. I was by myself and tried calling the front desk. No one was there. I ended up calling my friend who was there who had already checked in, who came & got me. No one was at the front desk I didn’t get to my room until after 1 am. I told them I called to which they responded “no you didn’t & I won’t argue with you”. I will never be staying at a homewood suites let alone a Hilton again.

1  Thank carlicritch
Sunny Finnell, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Dear carlicritch,

I'm so sorry to hear about the disappointing experience you had and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay and service you’ve come to expect from us. We value your business and your loyalty to our brand. Please know that your comments are being addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. We hope you'll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 7 September 2021

I haven't stayed at this hotel since March 2020 because of the pandemic. I have traveled to Pittsburgh for years to attend sporting events and I never considered staying anywhere else. I was so happy to see that this place is still as fantastic as always when I stayed there Labor Day weekend. It's meticulously maintained and exceptionally well run. I've been to several very nice hotels over the summer for weddings but none of them can hold a candle to Homewood Suites Pittsburgh Downtown. Every member of the staff to a person is extremely efficient and as friendly and helpful as anywhere could ask for. Thomas, Tramell and Tonya are fantastic! This hotel has my most enthusiastic recommendation! If you're visiting Pittsburgh,stay here!

Dear sdw1957,

Thank you for taking the time to share this glowing review of your experience at our hotel! It is wonderful to hear that you hold our staff in high regard as well as our accommodations and location. I will be certain to share your comments with our staff who truly love making our guests feel welcome when they come to town. Please find a reason to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2021

The room was pleasant enough but what ruined it for us, is that we could hear people walking upstairs and a baby crying. The crying started about midnight, and then the constant walking. It stopped for awhile, and started again at 3:45 a.m., and continued for 45 minutes to an hour. Unfortunately we got very little sleep, and for that reason will not return to this hotel. There is outdoor space that I thought we would enjoy in the evening, and it is very nice, but the Interstate Highway is so close it was not possible to relax because of the noise. If noise is not an issue for you, it is otherwise a very nice hotel in a convenient location to downtown Pittsburgh. The hotel was exceptionally clean.

Room tip: Request the top floor.
Date of stay: September 2021
Sunny Finnell, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2021

Dear glrintreasurelake,

While it is great to hear you found our hotel to be spotless, I regret that your stay was flawed. I offer my sincere apologies for the noise pollution you experienced due to the loud guest in the room above; please forgive us. We take pride in providing a comfortable stay and we clearly fell short of that goal. Your feedback is welcomed as it allows us to monitor and improve the guest experience. What you experienced isn't typical and I hope we have the chance to host you again for a better stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2021

The room was cozy. All you need. Staff efficient and friendly. The bed fell way short. There were some hiccups but the hotel dealt with it immediately. unfortunately the mattress couldn't be remedied but their king down pillows saved my butt and hips and after a week I figured out to just flip the mattress. It was much better but they are in real need of new mattresses I'm afraid. I asked for a topper-was not available

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Sunny Finnell, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2021

Dear sienagoines,

It is nice to hear that you found our rooms cozy and staff to be cheerful and efficient. I sincerely regret that the mattress in your room cast a negative light on your stay. We appreciate your feedback and will take it under consideration for future improvements. Thank you for your business and we hope to deliver a flawless stay next time.