Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
lisajN3662WI
New York City, New York

One Con

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jul 2021
I had a wonderful stay in the 1 bedroom king with separate living room. The room was clean, comfy and spacious. The TVs also offer Netflix, pandora and Bluetooth that you can sign into with your own account just remember to sign out when you leave lol. My only complaint is that it was a $250 security deposit instead of the $100 I’m used to paying when I stay at Hilton properties. When I asked I was told one person messed it up for everyone else lol so budget accordingly.
Date of stay: July 2021
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Responded 8 Jul 2021
Dear lisajN3662WI,

We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our Homewood Suites. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our modern rooms and amenities. Along with providing us with areas of opportunity, your feedback serves as encouragement to our associates who are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. Please visit us again on your next trip to the area.

No prepayment needed
    $160
    $191
6.7 km from Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews front desk valet parking heinz museum great hotel great stay free breakfast home away from home walking distance convention center pittsburgh downtown would definitely stay here again pnc park kitchenette fireplace dishwasher game steelers
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2021

We did a brief 2-night stay; still.during Covid. The customer service was amazing and when you enter the lobby you can tell that you made the right choice. Our room was very clean and updated with great amenities like a full kitchen which came in handy. Great stay!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank CarzJ
General Manager, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2021

Dear CarzJ,

We’re happy to hear from you and glad to know you enjoyed your stay. I’m pleased you found our amenities and service to be amazing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel while visiting Pittsburgh and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2020

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights to move in our student to Pitt. We picked the hotel because we wanted to make sure we had a kitchen area and space for the three of us to spend time together while learning about my student's new town.
The room was sealed shut when we arrived with the 'clean seal,' and the room was clean inside - but we still wiped things down with a Clorox wipe to be safe. The room was spacious and comfortable.
The bathroom was nice, and we enjoyed watching Netflix on the tv with our credentials.
The room was missing some ameneties - for example, there were only two spoons, three glasses, etc. We just washed them but it was noticable.
The HVAC unit in our room was messed up - it was freezing in the main area, but stifling in the bedroom. We called down to the front desk to report it and they did offer to move us to another room, but since we had settled in and carried all that move-in stuff to the room, we opted to stay in the room for a night. They did send up maintenance the next day and it did help but it did not solve the problem completely. We let them know at checkout so they could take action for the next guests.
Obviously since COVID some of the features and ameneties were not available, but we had no problems with getting takeout and making our own breakfast in the room. The front desk provided a great list of local restaurants we could order from.
We loved sitting out on the patio. What a great space!
Parking was $29 a night but it was self-park. One night we returned to the hotel to have both gates closed - a simple call to the front desk and they opened the gates for us. Since it is self-park it can be difficult to find a spot since people are parking to ensure they are not blocked in.
The hotel was a few blocks away from the Heinz Museum, which was a fun way to spend the afternoon, and right near the Strip District, which was an interesting place!
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I were visiting Pittsburgh.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Elizabeth Z
Concord Hospitality, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2020

Dear Elizabeth Z,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We love hearing that your stay was enjoyable. Our associates work to provide a pleasant stay in an effort to become your hotel of choice when in the area. Your feedback, which highlights our successes and areas for improvement, help us to achieve that goal. We look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 30 August 2020

We really enjoyed our stay and the staff were really helpful. I stay at a lot Hilton places since I'm a Diamond member, and this has been by far the place to stay! I felt that the staff were out of this world and I truly felt taken care of while staying here with my family.

Date of stay: August 2020
Concord Hospitality, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2020

Dear Freedom29819035111,

It is wonderful to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share this review and inform other travelers of the comfort you experienced with us. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for choosing our hotel and please come see us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2020 via mobile

So much to say about what this place used to be and where it is now. I’ve stayed here many times over the last 5 years. I stayed when Mike was the GM, and have stayed when Adam took over the managing role. Bring covid into the mix, with Adam as the GM, and that’s when things took a turn. A lot of the faces I used to see, a lot of the people who treated me well and actually made my stays enjoyable are now gone. The list is almost too long to type out and I’m sure I’ll miss some of the people who are no longer present; Shawny, John, Mikey, Patrick, James, Dawn, Bryan, Melissa, Mike(old GM), Francesco, I’m sure there’s more. All of these folks actually tried. They cared about making sure I had a good stay. They didn’t cut corners. My most recent stay will be my last stay ever at this hotel. Floor of the kitchen was sticky, the fridge smelled, hair in my sheets(did you even wash them?) the breakfast was terrible - and I get that things are limited now because of covid - but come on, it was just sad. I hope that all of the people who used to work there have moved on to bigger and better things - I’m sure they have by virtue of the fact that almost anything would be better. This hotel lost its soul over the last couple years. If they’d have invested in their customers, and their staff things would still be top notch - but sadly that’s no longer the case. I left a photo of the luggage cart I saw on the way out with a bra hanging on it, it was symbolic. “Bye bye Homewood Suites, your breasts are now bare - and up.”

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Antoni753
Concord Hospitality, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2020

Dear Antoni753,

Welcome back and thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from past visits. The details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We would love another opportunity to serve you. Once again, we are very sorry we let you down this visit.

Reviewed 17 July 2020 via mobile

Our trip to this hotel did not start out well. We had originally made plans to stay two nights. During our trip, our plans changed. I called ahead and made changes to stay one night. Turns out that the person I spoke to did not enter the information correctly. A couple days later, I called before we were on our way and the person that I talked to stated that we were a “No show” for our stay. I explained everything and she said that there was nothing that she could do. I asked to speak to someone else. I spoke with Adam and, after several minutes of talking and explaining the situation, he agreed to refund the night that was a mistake and book us for this night. I wish that the first person that I spoke to could have taken care of this for us. We got there and got checked in okay. Keep in mind that you will pay $29 to park in the hotel parking structure per night. For some reason, they gave us a handicapped accessible room. I am not sure why they did that. The hotel was practically empty. I would leave those rooms for guests who might need that type of room. The room was BIG, clean and comfortable. About the only thing missing from the room was a desk for working. During our stay, there was a paint roller laying on the floor in the hallway the entire time. The breakfast was pretty meager, as well. All of the other Hilton hotels we stayed at had much better breakfasts. All in all, I would say that this hotel was average. Pluses and minuses.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Barrynof
Sunny Finnell, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2020

Dear Barrynof,

I'm so for the confusion regarding your reservation and for the frustration caused. Thank you for noting our BIG, clean and comfortable accommodation despite this lapse. Your comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are welcomed as they foster change for the better. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a flawless experience on a return visit.