Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
AntoniD
Gainesville, Florida

This place is sad now.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Aug 2020via mobile
So much to say about what this place used to be and where it is now. I’ve stayed here many times over the last 5 years. I stayed when Mike was the GM, and have stayed when Adam took over the managing role. Bring covid into the mix, with Adam as the GM, and that’s when things took a turn. A lot of the faces I used to see, a lot of the people who treated me well and actually made my stays enjoyable are now gone. The list is almost too long to type out and I’m sure I’ll miss some of the people who are no longer present; Shawny, John, Mikey, Patrick, James, Dawn, Bryan, Melissa, Mike(old GM), Francesco, I’m sure there’s more. All of these folks actually tried. They cared about making sure I had a good stay. They didn’t cut corners. My most recent stay will be my last stay ever at this hotel. Floor of the kitchen was sticky, the fridge smelled, hair in my sheets(did you even wash them?) the breakfast was terrible - and I get that things are limited now because of covid - but come on, it was just sad. I hope that all of the people who used to work there have moved on to bigger and better things - I’m sure they have by virtue of the fact that almost anything would be better. This hotel lost its soul over the last couple years. If they’d have invested in their customers, and their staff things would still be top notch - but sadly that’s no longer the case. I left a photo of the luggage cart I saw on the way out with a bra hanging on it, it was symbolic. “Bye bye Homewood Suites, your breasts are now bare - and up.”
Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Concord Hospitality, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review
Responded 13 Aug 2020
Dear Antoni753,

Welcome back and thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from past visits. The details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We would love another opportunity to serve you. Once again, we are very sorry we let you down this visit.

$248
    $215
  • Vio.com
13.9 km from Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews front desk valet parking heinz museum great hotel great stay free breakfast home away from home walking distance convention center pittsburgh downtown would definitely stay here again pnc park kitchenette fireplace dishwasher game steelers
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2020 via mobile

Our trip to this hotel did not start out well. We had originally made plans to stay two nights. During our trip, our plans changed. I called ahead and made changes to stay one night. Turns out that the person I spoke to did not enter the information correctly. A couple days later, I called before we were on our way and the person that I talked to stated that we were a “No show” for our stay. I explained everything and she said that there was nothing that she could do. I asked to speak to someone else. I spoke with Adam and, after several minutes of talking and explaining the situation, he agreed to refund the night that was a mistake and book us for this night. I wish that the first person that I spoke to could have taken care of this for us. We got there and got checked in okay. Keep in mind that you will pay $29 to park in the hotel parking structure per night. For some reason, they gave us a handicapped accessible room. I am not sure why they did that. The hotel was practically empty. I would leave those rooms for guests who might need that type of room. The room was BIG, clean and comfortable. About the only thing missing from the room was a desk for working. During our stay, there was a paint roller laying on the floor in the hallway the entire time. The breakfast was pretty meager, as well. All of the other Hilton hotels we stayed at had much better breakfasts. All in all, I would say that this hotel was average. Pluses and minuses.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Barrynof
Sunny Finnell, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2020

Dear Barrynof,

I'm so for the confusion regarding your reservation and for the frustration caused. Thank you for noting our BIG, clean and comfortable accommodation despite this lapse. Your comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are welcomed as they foster change for the better. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a flawless experience on a return visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2020 via mobile

I just came across the how was my visit card and I have time to write my review 😃 I was very pleased how friendly and helpful everyone was thought my stay. I felt like Jody and her crew were on top of things. She was like a mama making sure you were well feed and happy. Great start to my days there. I love Ms Jody!!!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2020

Dear CarmenW407,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your review. It’s encouraging to know that your stay was pleasant. Our goal is to provide comfort and friendly service to all our guests who are away from home; your feedback allows us to monitor how we are doing. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with Jody. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Very clean and very nice hotel.

Staff is friendly and helpful. There are some great local restaurants nearby, but construction as of March 2020 makes walking a little difficult.
The valet service is great and they very quick to bring your vehicle to you.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear Statesvilletraveler,

It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed a great overall experience at our Homewood Suites. We believe that friendly service and clean accommodations will always make guests happy so we strive to provide both daily. Thank you for your time in sharing a review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 March 2020

The breakfast was amazing, the cook really does a great job. The view was gorgeous overlooking the bridges and stadiums within the city. The staff was excellent the only issue we had was parking and confusion on where the parking lot is located we ended up just paying extra for valet parking.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear kaymartuscello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. It is sincere feedback like yours which allows us to monitor and enhance our guest experience. We’re pleased to hear our excellent breakfast, friendly staff, and great views from the hotel made for an enjoyable stay. There is no better compliment than a return visit, so we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2020

Spacious rooms, fast WiFi, comfortable beds, very friendly and helpful staff. Fitness and pool is a great place to relax. Unfortunately only plastic tableware at the breakfast buffett. Quiet area but not far away form Pittsburgh city center.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear michael08152020,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m pleased to learn that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to take full advantage of our comfortable rooms and ample amenities. I have taken note of your comments regarding our tableware and appreciate your feedback. We humbly request a return visit.