Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
LimasMom
Sioux City, Iowa

Reliable and refreshing

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Jun 2021via mobile
Another above and beyond experience at the Monaco! I slept so well, had a great bath, and felt amazing in the morning. I was happy to see Emily again and shout out to Grace and the evening valet for being there. I am already looking forward to staying my next Pittsburgh visit in July.
Date of stay: June 2021
Responded 22 Jun 2021
Thank you so much for the fantastic review, LimasMom! It is always great to hear that Grace, Emily, and the rest of our team was able to make your time with us truly special. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel whenever your travels bring you back to the City of Bridges
No prepayment needed
    $214
13.4 km from Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,427 results
All reviews wine hour soaking tub rooftop bar yoga mat living room mini bar front desk staff beautiful hotel corner room upon check valet parking fitness center strip district pnc park biergarten birdcage eclectic
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days while visiting family. The rooms are gorgeous , the beds are soft, comfortable and the rooms are very clean. I loved the dimming features on the lighting and the amazing water pressure in the shower. The staff is so friendly, and texted us in the morning to find out about housekeeping and in the evening to make sure we had everything we needed. The housekeeping was immaculate and the valet took wonderful care of our car and us. I loved the afternoon wine and morning coffee. This is a difficult review because everything was so perfect and I don’t want to forget to mention all the small pleasures of being here. The staff make you feel so welcome. It is also very convenient to everything and we were able to walk for most of our dinners. We make frequent trips to Pittsburgh and will definitely stay here from now on. Thanks to the Kimpton for a wonderful stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! The team here works hard to ensure that every guest stay is impeccable, and I am so happy to hear that we hit the mark in every aspect during your time with us. We understand that, even in the pandemic, it is the little things that really makes the difference between a good stay and a great stay. Which is why we make the effort to ensure that perks such as our wine hour and morning kickstart are still available for all of our guests, even if it looks a little different at the moment. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Steel City!

Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

The Kimpton welcome was warm. We too had reserved a lovely corner room. Its decor, especially the lighting was artful. Our bathroom, shower and soaking tub were beautiful as well.
Coffee was served in the lobby every morning at ~ 0730 on weekends. White or red wine pour hour was nightly at 5. We tried a bit of it all, and enjoyed the quiet 2nd Floor sitting area immensely while sipping.
That said, we found the soaking tub water never got above lukewarm temperature despite a requested service visit.
The mattress was very (overly?) soft. I found sleep uncomfortable.
Additionally, the apparent lack of an adequate exhaust bathroom fan left our lightly used towels damp, the room humid and my hair limp. A room dehumidifier was a good temporary solution (thanks, Emily).
But, at this comparatively high price point my expectations, sadly were not met.
I hope this otherwise wonderful, well located hotel will be able to focus on some of these issues so other might enjoy all that the Monaco Pittsburgh has to offer.

2  Thank VaporK8

Thank you so much for your honest and detailed feedback. We strive to go above and beyond for all of our guests, and I am glad to hear that we hit the mark in some aspects of your stay. However, I am disappointed to hear about the multiple technical issues that prevented you from having a truly excellent experience during your time with us. I will certainly follow up with our engineering department regarding the water issue with your soaking tub, as well as the humidity that accumulated in the restroom. We will also test out the Mattress in your room to ensure that it is still up to standard, and if it is not, we will replace it. I completely understand how these issues could prevent your stay from meeting the expectations you had set for us. I hope that you will give us another chance to make a great first impression whenever your travels bring you back to the Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 10 May 2021

We stayed here previously; our satisfaction lead us back again. Spacious room with super friendly staff. Special kudos to the valet team; our car was around front before we could make it downstairs, and they were so friendly, thoughtful and helpful. Will we return? Absolutely.

3  Thank Debra R
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

Thanks so much for your great review, Debra! I am so happy to hear that you chose to return to our property because you loved it so much the first time. Our team and I strive to provide a welcoming and worthwhile experience for all of our guests, and it is great to hear that you experienced that both times you stayed with us. I will definitely pass on your wonderful comments to our Valet team as well.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we will see you again the next time your travels bring you to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 4 May 2021

We (2 adults, 2 children 10 & 7) stayed for 4 nights over the kids spring break. The hotel is very convenient to local attractions. The front desk staff was very welcoming. Most importantly, the front desk staff were extremely accommodating throughout our stay.

The room itself was a very comfortable size for the 4 of us. We were concerned about noise levels, but it was very quiet. Overall, it was a great stay and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room tip: Valet is expensive, but the garage across the street is great
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank WhoNeedsAName

Thanks so much for your excellent review, WhoNeedsAName! I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed staying with us and exploring everything that Pittsburgh has to offer. I am also happy to hear that the team made you feel welcomed and that the room was large enough to accommodate the four of you comfortably.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 16 April 2021 via mobile

From the moment I arrived, the service was incredible! Emily checked me in and was very friendly throughout the process. She offered great recommendations as this was my first time in Pittsburgh. The room itself was perfect - very cute with an Art Deco vibe! The hotel is in a super centralized location and within walking distance to plenty of bars/restaurants/attractions. I had drinks at The Commoner both nights before I went out and Anthony & Ryan were great!! They were so fun to chat with and super hospitable. Darian with the Valet team was awesome as well - extremely polite and professional!

Overall I’d highly recommend this hotel if you’re planning a trip to Pittsburgh. I can’t say enough good things about the hotel and the staff 😊

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Rm11301
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2021

Thank you so much for the kind feedback! It is always great to hear when one of our team members provides truly exceptional service. Emily is a rock star and is very knowledgeable about the city, so I am glad to hear that she was able to help you find some recommendations. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the vibe and the location of the hotel, as we are really close to everything you would want to see! We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to the Burgh! - Aasim Khan, Front Office Manager