4 people are viewing this hotel
Rita B
Rocky River, Ohio

Wonderful Covid Vaccinated Family Get Together -

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Apr 2021
I have stayed at this property in Pittsburgh, Pa. (Monaco) many times. This visit was even more exemplary due to the anxiety around Covid-19. The hotel staff quickly made us feel secure and by their actions (cleanliness and attention to health protocols) we knew this stay would be safe!
At check-in at the Front Desk we met Connor. He was very professional in appearance and manner. He was exemplary. Matt was the bellman who also walked our little dog, Stella. He was great. Ben and D were the Valet's on duty. Again, a real credit to the hotel. Lastly, Jenny, who was everywhere doing everything, was fabulous. If every hotel could be like the Hotel Monaco in Pittsburgh, traveling would be a pleasure. Staffing is such an important part in the success of a property and clearly, this hotel has hit a home run. This is a 5 Star in my book. Can't wait to return!
Date of stay: March 2021
Room Tip: The Suites are worth the upgrade!
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 25 Apr 2021
Thank you so much for the great feedback! Although our Unique style and Ecclectic design make us stand out, our team members such as Connor, Matt, Ben, D, and Jenny are Rockstar's who make this hotel truly special. I am also glad to hear that the COVID-19 protocols in place made you feel safe during our stay. Our two biggest concerns are always the safety and comfort of our guests, and I am so happy to hear that we knocked it out of the park on both accounts.

I hope that your travels bring you back to us soon so that we can continue to wow you with our amazing service.

- Aasim Khan, Front Office Manager
  • Choice Hotels
3.7 km from Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,428 results
All reviews wine hour soaking tub rooftop bar yoga mat living room mini bar front desk staff beautiful hotel corner room upon check valet parking fitness center strip district pnc park biergarten birdcage eclectic
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2021

This was the first time staying at a Kimpton Hotel, and we were thoroughly pleased. I typically do my homework before picking a hotel, and the reviews certainly did not lie. My husband and I spent our 13th Anniversary here from April 1-3rd. We were greeted immediately by the Valet staff, whom gave us instructions on how to retrieve our car, and they helped us unload our luggage from the trunk. When we entered the hotel, Connor greeted us, and told us he would be right with us as he was on the phone. It took a bit, and he was very apologetic the whole time. We were checked in quickly, and he informed us about the free wine at 5 p.m., and offered his service if there was anything more we needed. The hotel I thought was very clean, and I loved the vibe. Our room was a corner, King room. It was also very clean, and comfortable. We enjoyed the location of this hotel in proximity to the things we wanted to see and do. Let me also note that Connor at the front desk was also great with our request for a bottle of champagne and chocolates being delivered to our room. He was kind, and we appreciated his patience.
Overall, everything was on key, and we will definitely stay here or other Kimpton Hotels in our travels going forward. We are planning a trip to Pittsburgh again with our son this coming summer, we will be sure to reserve a room here! Thank you, and please pass our appreciation along to the management, and especially to Connor!

Room tip: The corner room was spacious, and quiet with a lot of windows for light.
1  Thank L7295TTlauras
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2021

Thank you so much for the great feedback! Our unique style, eclectic décor, and Rockstar team members are what make our property truly special. I am so glad to hear that Connor was able to provide you with a warm welcome and was able to take care of you during the stay. Many things have changed over the past year, but one thing that hasn't is our commitment to guest service! Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon! - Aasim Khan, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2021

Words cannot express how kind, considerate, welcoming, and helpful all staff at the hotel are. I recently spent a long weekend to spend Easter with my college aged daughters, and the Kimpton. Hotel Monaco highly exceeded my expectations. Aasim Khan is a true hospitality professional. The hotel takes excellent COVID precautions and the lobby, common areas, and room were all incredibly clean. We chose not to have housekeeping service, but were provided with clean towels promptly when we requested it. Mask compliance is excellent. Even with current restrictions, staff offered coffee and tea in the morning and wine for happy hour every day. Valet service is excellent and prompt, with a text ahead system. I'll be returning for another visit soon!

Date of stay: April 2021

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback! We really go above and beyond to take care of our guests while ensuring your safety with our COVID precautions. As much as things have changed in this past year, one thing that hasn't is how hard our team works to make everyone who stays with feel truly at home, and I am glad to hear that we hit the mark during your time with us! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

Weekend getaway!!! What a cute hotel in downtown Pittsburgh. Very walkable and convenient to the point. Wonderful restaurant on the first floor. Free glass of wine at 5pm in the lobby and free coffee in the morning

Trip type: Travelled with family
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Thank you so much for the great feedback, jaytl1499ZS! I am so glad that you found our hotel cute, charming, and convenient. Though COVID has changed a lot of things, we know that its important that our guests have coffee available to kickstart your mornings and a nice glass of wine to unwind after a day of exploring. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of the amenities and get the full experience. I hope to see you again when coming back to the Steel City!

Reviewed 25 March 2021

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco this past weekend for two nights. The staff was very welcoming and kind! The room was clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. For a special touch they had a bottle of wine in the room for my birthday which was so thoughtful! I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you so much for the kind words! Special occasions like Birthdays are important to us, and we want all of our guests to feel really celebrated when staying with us. I am so glad to hear that the wine we placed in the room and the overall stay did just that!

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Steel City!

Reviewed 24 March 2021

Needed to get away for a week after a year of no vacations so decided to go on a driving trip to test it out. The Kimpton was amazing! Great location, great staff, everything was very clean. Enjoyed the happy hour which I was so glad was still going on. We were celebrating a birthday so we got a free bottle of wine which was a nice touch! Loved the decor and seeing everyone's dogs!

Room tip: Got a corner king and loved it, was spacious.
Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! I am glad that you chose us to test out those brand new antibodies after getting the Vaccine! Things are still very different with COVID, but we go above and beyond to give our guests the kind of experience that they are used to, and I am happy to hear that we hit the mark with your stay. Seeing everyone's dogs is honestly my favorite part of the job, so I am glad that you enjoyed it as much as I do! We hope to see you again soon!