Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Laura S

Anniversary Getaway Made Special

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Apr 2021
This was the first time staying at a Kimpton Hotel, and we were thoroughly pleased. I typically do my homework before picking a hotel, and the reviews certainly did not lie. My husband and I spent our 13th Anniversary here from April 1-3rd. We were greeted immediately by the Valet staff, whom gave us instructions on how to retrieve our car, and they helped us unload our luggage from the trunk. When we entered the hotel, Connor greeted us, and told us he would be right with us as he was on the phone. It took a bit, and he was very apologetic the whole time. We were checked in quickly, and he informed us about the free wine at 5 p.m., and offered his service if there was anything more we needed. The hotel I thought was very clean, and I loved the vibe. Our room was a corner, King room. It was also very clean, and comfortable. We enjoyed the location of this hotel in proximity to the things we wanted to see and do. Let me also note that Connor at the front desk was also great with our request for a bottle of champagne and chocolates being delivered to our room. He was kind, and we appreciated his patience.
Overall, everything was on key, and we will definitely stay here or other Kimpton Hotels in our travels going forward. We are planning a trip to Pittsburgh again with our son this coming summer, we will be sure to reserve a room here! Thank you, and please pass our appreciation along to the management, and especially to Connor!
Date of stay: April 2021
Room Tip: The corner room was spacious, and quiet with a lot of windows for light.
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 11 Apr 2021
Thank you so much for the great feedback! Our unique style, eclectic décor, and Rockstar team members are what make our property truly special. I am so glad to hear that Connor was able to provide you with a warm welcome and was able to take care of you during the stay. Many things have changed over the past year, but one thing that hasn't is our commitment to guest service! Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon! - Aasim Khan, Front Office Manager
No prepayment needed
    $216
13.4 km from Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,427 results
All reviews wine hour soaking tub rooftop bar yoga mat living room mini bar front desk staff beautiful hotel corner room upon check valet parking fitness center strip district pnc park biergarten birdcage eclectic
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2021

Words cannot express how kind, considerate, welcoming, and helpful all staff at the hotel are. I recently spent a long weekend to spend Easter with my college aged daughters, and the Kimpton. Hotel Monaco highly exceeded my expectations. Aasim Khan is a true hospitality professional. The hotel takes excellent COVID precautions and the lobby, common areas, and room were all incredibly clean. We chose not to have housekeeping service, but were provided with clean towels promptly when we requested it. Mask compliance is excellent. Even with current restrictions, staff offered coffee and tea in the morning and wine for happy hour every day. Valet service is excellent and prompt, with a text ahead system. I'll be returning for another visit soon!

Date of stay: April 2021
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2021

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback! We really go above and beyond to take care of our guests while ensuring your safety with our COVID precautions. As much as things have changed in this past year, one thing that hasn't is how hard our team works to make everyone who stays with feel truly at home, and I am glad to hear that we hit the mark during your time with us! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

Weekend getaway!!! What a cute hotel in downtown Pittsburgh. Very walkable and convenient to the point. Wonderful restaurant on the first floor. Free glass of wine at 5pm in the lobby and free coffee in the morning

Trip type: Travelled with family
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Thank you so much for the great feedback, jaytl1499ZS! I am so glad that you found our hotel cute, charming, and convenient. Though COVID has changed a lot of things, we know that its important that our guests have coffee available to kickstart your mornings and a nice glass of wine to unwind after a day of exploring. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of the amenities and get the full experience. I hope to see you again when coming back to the Steel City!

Reviewed 25 March 2021

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco this past weekend for two nights. The staff was very welcoming and kind! The room was clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. For a special touch they had a bottle of wine in the room for my birthday which was so thoughtful! I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you so much for the kind words! Special occasions like Birthdays are important to us, and we want all of our guests to feel really celebrated when staying with us. I am so glad to hear that the wine we placed in the room and the overall stay did just that!

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Steel City!

Reviewed 24 March 2021

Needed to get away for a week after a year of no vacations so decided to go on a driving trip to test it out. The Kimpton was amazing! Great location, great staff, everything was very clean. Enjoyed the happy hour which I was so glad was still going on. We were celebrating a birthday so we got a free bottle of wine which was a nice touch! Loved the decor and seeing everyone's dogs!

Room tip: Got a corner king and loved it, was spacious.
Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! I am glad that you chose us to test out those brand new antibodies after getting the Vaccine! Things are still very different with COVID, but we go above and beyond to give our guests the kind of experience that they are used to, and I am happy to hear that we hit the mark with your stay. Seeing everyone's dogs is honestly my favorite part of the job, so I am glad that you enjoyed it as much as I do! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

From the time our family got to the room we experienced issues. The room was not big enough for our daughter to walk around comfortably, it was not childproofed and had no easy access to watch television. She would have had to sit on an highly elevated bed and do you know how difficult it is to keep a one year old still when on the verge of walking? The restaurant only had like five items on it which did not include any kids meal options. Advertised as pet friendly but should mention you have to Walk a block to take our dog to the bathroom.

We Asked for a bigger room so our daughter could have room to walk around ( so they upgraded us at no extra charge ) upon moving to the upgraded room, our television services were not working correctly and I couldn’t order my daughters favorite movies to fall asleep to & in result of that I had a very very very cranky child. We had a two night stay and only stayed one because they couldn’t get tv services to work. The worst part was pulling the covers back to go to sleep and seeing someone else’s blood stain on the top sheet of the bed.

When booking the hotel the total was $285 when arriving at the hotel we were charged around $400 ($100 a night incidental which would be refunded). When they could not accommodate to our tv services we decided to leave early
Because our child was not happy & was uncomfortable with her surroundings.

At this point staff assures us we would be charged for only one night & one night of valet ( the rest would be refunded to the card we used upon check in) it’s now a week later and we have not received our money. We have spoken to multiple people and every time we were transferred to someone else. We want our money back and will annoy everybody until we do.

NOT AS ADVERTISED, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND & staff tells you what you want to hear to please their customer; pretty basic customer service etiquette. No resolution of any issues!!!!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Aasim Khan, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2021

Thank you for your honest and detailed feedback. I do sincerely apologize about the inconveniences regarding the size of the room, cleanliness issues, and the television not playing the movie properly. I did pass your feedback onto our engineering and housekeeping teams to ensure that these issues are resolved immediately.

Regarding your payment issue, we did initially authorize your card for the stay plus $100 per night for incidentals, but everything was refunded to the credit card provided the same day you checked out. We do not have any of your funds pending with us. Please contact your bank or credit card company directly in order to resolve this matter.

If you would like a final receipt showing that nothing was charged, please reach out to the hotel and I am happy to send that over. Thank you again for reaching out and sharing the details regarding your experience. We will certainly use it to better ourselves and the overall experience at our property.