Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jay T
Paradise Valley, Arizona

Weekend getaway

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Apr 2021via mobile
Weekend getaway!!! What a cute hotel in downtown Pittsburgh. Very walkable and convenient to the point. Wonderful restaurant on the first floor. Free glass of wine at 5pm in the lobby and free coffee in the morning
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 4 Apr 2021
Thank you so much for the great feedback, jaytl1499ZS! I am so glad that you found our hotel cute, charming, and convenient. Though COVID has changed a lot of things, we know that its important that our guests have coffee available to kickstart your mornings and a nice glass of wine to unwind after a day of exploring. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of the amenities and get the full experience. I hope to see you again when coming back to the Steel City!
No prepayment needed
    $315
1.2 km from Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,429 results
All reviews wine hour soaking tub rooftop bar yoga mat living room mini bar front desk staff beautiful hotel corner room upon check valet parking fitness center strip district pnc park biergarten birdcage eclectic
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 March 2021

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco this past weekend for two nights. The staff was very welcoming and kind! The room was clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. For a special touch they had a bottle of wine in the room for my birthday which was so thoughtful! I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: March 2021
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Thank you so much for the kind words! Special occasions like Birthdays are important to us, and we want all of our guests to feel really celebrated when staying with us. I am so glad to hear that the wine we placed in the room and the overall stay did just that!

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Steel City!

Reviewed 24 March 2021

Needed to get away for a week after a year of no vacations so decided to go on a driving trip to test it out. The Kimpton was amazing! Great location, great staff, everything was very clean. Enjoyed the happy hour which I was so glad was still going on. We were celebrating a birthday so we got a free bottle of wine which was a nice touch! Loved the decor and seeing everyone's dogs!

Room tip: Got a corner king and loved it, was spacious.
Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! I am glad that you chose us to test out those brand new antibodies after getting the Vaccine! Things are still very different with COVID, but we go above and beyond to give our guests the kind of experience that they are used to, and I am happy to hear that we hit the mark with your stay. Seeing everyone's dogs is honestly my favorite part of the job, so I am glad that you enjoyed it as much as I do! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

From the time our family got to the room we experienced issues. The room was not big enough for our daughter to walk around comfortably, it was not childproofed and had no easy access to watch television. She would have had to sit on an highly elevated bed and do you know how difficult it is to keep a one year old still when on the verge of walking? The restaurant only had like five items on it which did not include any kids meal options. Advertised as pet friendly but should mention you have to Walk a block to take our dog to the bathroom.

We Asked for a bigger room so our daughter could have room to walk around ( so they upgraded us at no extra charge ) upon moving to the upgraded room, our television services were not working correctly and I couldn’t order my daughters favorite movies to fall asleep to & in result of that I had a very very very cranky child. We had a two night stay and only stayed one because they couldn’t get tv services to work. The worst part was pulling the covers back to go to sleep and seeing someone else’s blood stain on the top sheet of the bed.

When booking the hotel the total was $285 when arriving at the hotel we were charged around $400 ($100 a night incidental which would be refunded). When they could not accommodate to our tv services we decided to leave early
Because our child was not happy & was uncomfortable with her surroundings.

At this point staff assures us we would be charged for only one night & one night of valet ( the rest would be refunded to the card we used upon check in) it’s now a week later and we have not received our money. We have spoken to multiple people and every time we were transferred to someone else. We want our money back and will annoy everybody until we do.

NOT AS ADVERTISED, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND & staff tells you what you want to hear to please their customer; pretty basic customer service etiquette. No resolution of any issues!!!!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Aasim Khan, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2021

Thank you for your honest and detailed feedback. I do sincerely apologize about the inconveniences regarding the size of the room, cleanliness issues, and the television not playing the movie properly. I did pass your feedback onto our engineering and housekeeping teams to ensure that these issues are resolved immediately.

Regarding your payment issue, we did initially authorize your card for the stay plus $100 per night for incidentals, but everything was refunded to the credit card provided the same day you checked out. We do not have any of your funds pending with us. Please contact your bank or credit card company directly in order to resolve this matter.

If you would like a final receipt showing that nothing was charged, please reach out to the hotel and I am happy to send that over. Thank you again for reaching out and sharing the details regarding your experience. We will certainly use it to better ourselves and the overall experience at our property.

Reviewed 8 January 2021

great hotel, clean, great service good location. valet only option for parking. cool roof top bar. food at rooftop bar just OK, otherwise would be rating this as a 5. other great hotels in PGH, but this is our favorite.

Date of stay: February 2020
Aasim Khan, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Thank you for your feedback! Our team goes above and beyond to ensure that our guests have a fantastic stay, and I am glad to hear that we hit the mark. We hope that you join us again when the Biergarten opens for the season this spring! I am sure we will blow you away with our new menu and cocktail offerings.

Reviewed 30 December 2020

My daughter and I stayed here for a quick trip this past weekend. The staff was amazing. Aasim, the front desk manager could not have been more helpful. I didn't get the other young man's name who mapped out for us where to go to get a flavor for the city. The valet was on the ball and ready to assist. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. Since most of the restaurants were closed, we ordered room service for dinner. The burger was out of this world! The one thing that could have made it better would have been to supply complimentary bottles of water for guests as the tap water was a bit yucky. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2020
Aasim Khan, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2021

Thank you for your feedback, spbge2! I am so glad that the team and I could make your stay fun and adventurous, despite the few attractions open in the city. Our culinary team frequently boasts that we have one of the best burgers in the city, and I am happy to hear that you agree!

Thank you for your feedback regarding the waters, I will certainly pass your thoughts along to the rest of the team.

- Aasim Khan, Front Office Manager