Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Beth R
Rochester, New York

Weekend trip

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Mar 2021
Needed to get away for a week after a year of no vacations so decided to go on a driving trip to test it out. The Kimpton was amazing! Great location, great staff, everything was very clean. Enjoyed the happy hour which I was so glad was still going on. We were celebrating a birthday so we got a free bottle of wine which was a nice touch! Loved the decor and seeing everyone's dogs!
Date of stay: March 2021
Room Tip: Got a corner king and loved it, was spacious.
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this review
Responded 4 Apr 2021
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! I am glad that you chose us to test out those brand new antibodies after getting the Vaccine! Things are still very different with COVID, but we go above and beyond to give our guests the kind of experience that they are used to, and I am happy to hear that we hit the mark with your stay. Seeing everyone's dogs is honestly my favorite part of the job, so I am glad that you enjoyed it as much as I do! We hope to see you again soon!
$248
    $214
13.4 km from Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,427 results
All reviews wine hour soaking tub rooftop bar yoga mat living room mini bar front desk staff beautiful hotel corner room upon check valet parking fitness center strip district pnc park biergarten birdcage eclectic
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

From the time our family got to the room we experienced issues. The room was not big enough for our daughter to walk around comfortably, it was not childproofed and had no easy access to watch television. She would have had to sit on an highly elevated bed and do you know how difficult it is to keep a one year old still when on the verge of walking? The restaurant only had like five items on it which did not include any kids meal options. Advertised as pet friendly but should mention you have to Walk a block to take our dog to the bathroom.

We Asked for a bigger room so our daughter could have room to walk around ( so they upgraded us at no extra charge ) upon moving to the upgraded room, our television services were not working correctly and I couldn’t order my daughters favorite movies to fall asleep to & in result of that I had a very very very cranky child. We had a two night stay and only stayed one because they couldn’t get tv services to work. The worst part was pulling the covers back to go to sleep and seeing someone else’s blood stain on the top sheet of the bed.

When booking the hotel the total was $285 when arriving at the hotel we were charged around $400 ($100 a night incidental which would be refunded). When they could not accommodate to our tv services we decided to leave early
Because our child was not happy & was uncomfortable with her surroundings.

At this point staff assures us we would be charged for only one night & one night of valet ( the rest would be refunded to the card we used upon check in) it’s now a week later and we have not received our money. We have spoken to multiple people and every time we were transferred to someone else. We want our money back and will annoy everybody until we do.

NOT AS ADVERTISED, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND & staff tells you what you want to hear to please their customer; pretty basic customer service etiquette. No resolution of any issues!!!!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Aasim Khan, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2021

Thank you for your honest and detailed feedback. I do sincerely apologize about the inconveniences regarding the size of the room, cleanliness issues, and the television not playing the movie properly. I did pass your feedback onto our engineering and housekeeping teams to ensure that these issues are resolved immediately.

Regarding your payment issue, we did initially authorize your card for the stay plus $100 per night for incidentals, but everything was refunded to the credit card provided the same day you checked out. We do not have any of your funds pending with us. Please contact your bank or credit card company directly in order to resolve this matter.

If you would like a final receipt showing that nothing was charged, please reach out to the hotel and I am happy to send that over. Thank you again for reaching out and sharing the details regarding your experience. We will certainly use it to better ourselves and the overall experience at our property.

Reviewed 8 January 2021

great hotel, clean, great service good location. valet only option for parking. cool roof top bar. food at rooftop bar just OK, otherwise would be rating this as a 5. other great hotels in PGH, but this is our favorite.

Date of stay: February 2020
Aasim Khan, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Thank you for your feedback! Our team goes above and beyond to ensure that our guests have a fantastic stay, and I am glad to hear that we hit the mark. We hope that you join us again when the Biergarten opens for the season this spring! I am sure we will blow you away with our new menu and cocktail offerings.

Reviewed 30 December 2020

My daughter and I stayed here for a quick trip this past weekend. The staff was amazing. Aasim, the front desk manager could not have been more helpful. I didn't get the other young man's name who mapped out for us where to go to get a flavor for the city. The valet was on the ball and ready to assist. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. Since most of the restaurants were closed, we ordered room service for dinner. The burger was out of this world! The one thing that could have made it better would have been to supply complimentary bottles of water for guests as the tap water was a bit yucky. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2020
Aasim Khan, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2021

Thank you for your feedback, spbge2! I am so glad that the team and I could make your stay fun and adventurous, despite the few attractions open in the city. Our culinary team frequently boasts that we have one of the best burgers in the city, and I am happy to hear that you agree!

Thank you for your feedback regarding the waters, I will certainly pass your thoughts along to the rest of the team.

- Aasim Khan, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 December 2020

My fiance and I stayed here over Christmas in a Corner King room from 12/24-12/26. It was hard being away from family and celebrating the holiday during a pandemic, but the team at Hotel Monaco made us feel right at home, with the hotel decorated for Christmas, their weekly wine hour to-go with homemade whiskey hot cocoa, and a little holiday gift bag featuring goodies from local vendors. Aasim and Emily at the front desk were so kind and helpful with any requests or needs we had, with everything arriving at our room promptly and personalized text updates throughout our stay.

There was a snowstorm during the day on Christmas so we ordered all our meals for in-room dining from The Commoner and everything was phenomenal. The menu was limited but the chef's selections were perfect and allowed us to try a bunch of tasty items. Highly recommend the wedge salad and cavatelli, and there's a great wine list, too! Also La Colombe coffee for the mornings is always a perk.

Everything was so cozy and welcoming. The hotel itself felt super safe and sanitized, with clear floor markers and signage to ensure everyone felt comfortable. Our room was well appointed and very spacious, so we had plenty of room to spread out, enjoy in-room dining and play with our dog. This will be a go-to hotel for all our future Steel City visits!

1  Thank CGKTJT

Thank you so much for your kind words, CGKTJT! I am so glad that the team was able to make your Holiday truly special, despite all of the restrictions we have to follow. We work hard to make sure that each guest we welcome to our property has a truly unforgettable experience, and we are so happy to hear when we hit the mark this well!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, we hope to host you and your family again in the near future!

- Aasim Khan, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

I’ve been trying to leave a review directly on IHG but the link isn’t working. This hotel embodies everything a superior hospitality business should; I simply can’t say enough about how awesome the entire staff is and how clean and beautiful the facility is. I stayed here the night of the 14th-15th. I was IMPRESSED with the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff over the phone and in person. I requested a coffee maker for the room and it was delivered within minutes by someone smiling and feeling good. My room was immaculate. Everyone is COVID compliant and then some. The next day I checked out and somehow managed to leave my bag containing my laptop in my room. I was three hours up the interstate before I realized it. Once again, I cannot say adequate words for how secure the staff helped me to feel when I was panicked and upset. My bag was safely returned to me. But it was the tone and reassurance of Emily and all the staff at the Monaco that really mattered. I was taken care of long after I left the hotel. Thank you so much and I really look forward to my next stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Aasim Khan, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2020

Thank you so much for the kind words, LimasMom! Emily and the rest of our team do their best to ensure that our guests enjoy their time in the hotel, regardless of the restrictions currently in place. I am so glad to hear they were successful in making sure that you had an enjoyable and safe stay and were able to get your property back to you safely!

I hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh!

Aasim Khan, Front Office Manager