Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
George W
Baltimore

Stay for the clean updated hotel, but the front desk is 10 out of 10 stars

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Mar 2024
I am here for 3 days, the place is clean, the hotel has updated rooms. The location is fantastic. I want to give a special shout out to the two hotel staff at the front desk, Jaime and Ronnell. I am visiting family, and as most of you know, that can be sometimes a tiresome experience. Jaime and Ronnell deserve 10 out of 10 stars. I felt like I was part of a "friendly" family. Jaime gave me recommendations of where to go and where to eat. I was treated so well, I was looking forward to saying hi to them because I got a friendly smile every time I walked past them. Stay here because of them - as well as a fantastically clean and updated hotel.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 2 Mar 2024
Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share the feedback of your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words of our amazing location, as well as our phenomenal team members Jaime and Ronnell! We hope to serve you on future visits to Pittsburgh!

No prepayment needed
  • Hotels.com
13.7 km from Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-downtown
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
2,387 results
All reviews free parking great location heinz history center convention center front desk across the street pnc park within walking distance free breakfast great stay pool and hot tub allegheny river pittsburgh downtown the breakfast area hot breakfast would stay here again oatmeal
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2024

This was a great location for visiting the Convention Center with it being a 5-10 minute walk. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful at arrival and during the stay. Parking is free and we did not have an issue finding a spot. There were two spaces allocated for EVs with a charger. Parking is behind the hotel and the door to the lobby in the rear of the building may only be accessed with a room key or with the Hilton digital key. Several restaurants are within a 10 minute walk. Breakfast was just ok and the staff struggled to keep items stocked. Some areas of the hotel are showing age (some peeling trim in rooms, marks on the walls, doors) and the breakfast area tables and coffee station were not always clean. Odd numbered rooms face the river and were quiet.

Room tip: There is a water bottle filler located off of the lobby in the hallway on the way to the pool/gym.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank patsgo
Paul Metzler, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2024

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share the feedback of your stay with us. We hope to serve you on future visits to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 8 February 2024

The hotel was very convenient to the wedding venue we were attending at The Pennsylvanian. The hotel has free parking and offers a morning breakfast that offers scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal, cold cereal, yogurt, pastries, waffles, juice, toast/bagels and fresh fruit (bananas and apples). We were fortunate to have a room with a view of the Allegheny River. The room was very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Rachel. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Allegheny River.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PamS20
Paul Metzler, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2024

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share the feedback of your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words of our amazing location, as well as our complimentary breakfast and our amazing team. We hope to serve you on future visits to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 5 February 2024

I travel frequently to Pittsburg for business and have tried several different Hiltons, all are good , but Hampton Inn and Suites on Smallman St, I've found to be the best value, quality, and service! Shout out to Jaime at the front desk! She was very helpful and accommodating with good knowledge of the area and a willingness to help. Made a great stay even better. Ill be back!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank larrygoode
Paul Metzler, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2024

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share the feedback of your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words of Jaime! We will ensure that she is recognized for her exceptional service. We hope to serve you on future visits to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 30 January 2024

Great stay at this property, with excellent service provided by Holly at the front desk! She picked out a room away from the elevators (preferred) with a great view of the river! The free parking is a plus in addition to the location just steps away from a riverfront stroll, and a few blocks from the start of the Strip District. Room was clean and tidy without any issues to report. Noise level from surrounding rooms was never an issue, even with occupants on either side of my room. Breakfast services were plentiful and tasty for something quick to eat. Will definitely be back to stay when I come back "home" to the 'burgh!

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank FLTraveler74
Paul Metzler, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2024

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share the feedback of your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words of Holly! We will ensure that she is recognized for her exceptional service. We hope to serve you on future visits to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 18 January 2024

I am beyond thankful for this hotel and for their staff, this is seriously the best customer service I have ever experienced. I checked in pretty late here to catch a train in the morning, the next morning I ended up missing my train by 10 minutes due to a lack of sleep in the past few days and I had to stay an extra night.

Every staff member here has provided me with amazing service and hospitality but one member of the team in particular, Holly at the front desk, went above and beyond. The kindness she showed to me while I figured out booking for another night to catch the next train was exceptional. We talked about traveling and the train station while she checked me back in. She made me feel at home even though I’m a 10 hour train away from home and I’m stuck in an unfamiliar city. I am certain, after seeing her kindness shown to not only to me but to every person who spoke with her, that every guest would say the same. Thank you Hampton Inn Downtown and thank you to Holly at the front desk!!!

Clean and gorgeous rooms! Exceptional staff and the property is really amazing. If you stay here you will be very happy that you did.

Room tip: If you have any issues with booking I’m sure the front desk will help! They are amazing
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank vdawg99
Paul Metzler, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2024