Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
JoshKleinfeld
York, Pennsylvania

Great stop at end of GAP Trail

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 May 2021via mobile
Pleasant staff, comfortable and clean room situation, convenient location for biking through Pittsburgh.

We rolled in after two days on the GAP Trail and were warmly welcomed by the front desk. We rolled our bikes through the lobby and they fit easily on the elevators.

Would definitely recommend for a visit to Pittsburgh or to end or start your trip on the GAP Trail.
Date of stay: May 2021
Room Tip: Across the street from Pirates, and just a short walk across the bridge for excellent food choices.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 3 Jun 2021
Dear JoshKleinfeld
Thank you for the awesome review of the SpringHill Suites! I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We certainly hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh!

No prepayment needed
    $160
  • StayForLong
5.7 km from SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh North Shore
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews pirates game pnc park across the street great location baseball stadium clemente bridge shuttle service the breakfast area room was spacious parking downtown concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

While the hotel is showing its age in the fixtures and furnishings, it is extremely clean inside and outside. Found the staff, especially Josephine at the front desk, to be fully exceptional in dealing with a reservation matter and a keys issue to great satisfaction. For those who care: high shower water pressure, so-so internet speed, above average grab and go breakfast (Jimmy Dean sandwiches, lots of yogurt and muffin choices).

2  Thank Guy R
John Costello, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

Dear harbinchina
Thank you very much for the great review of the SpringHill Suites! I will certainly let Josephine know that she was mentioned in your comments. It really does mean a lot to us knowing that you enjoyed your time.
We truly hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 May 2021 via mobile

The bedding was either soiled or old with spots—used extra sheets from the closet to cover them up. Air conditioning was loud and the controls unreadable. Buffet was sparse—and closed at 9am on a Sunday. Staff was cheerful and helpful

Trip type: Travelled with family
John Costello, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2021

Daer djleland
Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor. As we navigate through these strange times we have been faced with certain challenges. I certainly understand your frustrations as I would have been frustrated too. I have addressed these issues with our staff to ensure that they were isolated incidents. We certainly hope this does not strain any relationship that we may have as we want nothing more than to welcome you back to deliver on our promise of a memorable stay.

Hospitably yours

Reviewed 1 May 2021

My husband and I are on a road trip back to our alma mater to celebrate our 10th year dating anniversary. I like road trips but not when I have to sit in the car for more than 5 hours in a single day; hence, we decided to make a pitstop at Pittsburgh to break off our long drive.

I picked this hotel simply because it's close to the Andy Warhol museum (walking distance) since that's one of the attractions we planed to visit in Pittsburg, so that we don't have to pay for additional parking. The decision turned out to be wrong...

Upon arrival at the hotel, the checkin line was very very long, so we couldn't have checked in first or else we'd miss our reserved timeslot to visit the museum. With that being said, the idea of walking to the museum and parking our car at the hotel didn't work out. But what's disappointing of our stay wasn't even because of the parking situation ... it was the smokey rooms! After visiting the museum, we came back to the hotel to check in, only to find out room extremely smokey, so we went downstairs to request for a room change. The new room we were placed in unfortunately still had the smokey smell, so we went down again but unfortunately was told there were not other rooms available since they're fully booked.

We later noticed that outside of every single room on our floor are pasted with a note asking guests not to smoke in the room. It is apparent that the hotel has had issues with guests smoking in the room but they haven't figured out a way to solve the problem. We did a quick search after going back to our smokey room to see if we'd just find another hotel in the city to stay but it was too late minute so everywhere else is very expensive. We had no choice but to stay in for the night.

In addition to the smokey room... we also didn't have any towels in the room. We tried to call housekeeping but no one picked up. We then called the front desk staff and was told someone will bring us towels. We waited for at least an hour but still no one showed. My husband then went downstairs and literally walked with the receptionist to the basement unit to pick up towels.

So why am I giving this hotel a 2 out of 5 not a 1? The front dest staff were all really nice. I could tell they were overworked and extremely short staffed. In fact, in the morning when we were leaving the room, we saw a note underneath our door from the management apologizing for the bad experience we have experienced. I have learned from the news that it's been difficult to hire staff in the service industry, so I don't blame the hotel (it's a bigger economic issue we're facing as as society) but this experience certainly wasn't great... especially it was only the start of our anniversary trip.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank sukix0x0
John Costello, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2021

Dear sukichao
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw us at the SpringHill Suites North Shore. This past year we have been faced with challenges including a unique clientele that also gave us challenges. While we try our best to ensure that we are a smoke free facility it can be hard to control even with posting signs throughout the hotel.
We are on our way back to being one of the top hotels in the North Shore. Staffing is improving as well as our service and we are truly committed to delivering to all of our guests a great, and memorable stay.
Please reach out to me personally on your next anniversary and I will ensure a comfortable stay for you.

Reviewed 15 April 2021

This is a shame as it used to be a great place in a great location. We arrived late in the day, at 5pm there was a long line in the lobby because rooms weren’t ready...by 5pm! Upon getting to our room, one of our keys wouldn’t work (thankfully we were given two). We walked into the room and I could smell the musty smell...there was clear mold in the air conditioner unit. Noticed the deadbolt didn’t work so security was an issue. But we needed to get to PNC park for the game so we dropped off our stuff and headed out. When we came back from the game I checked the 3 pillows we had (on a king size bed with no extras for the sofa bed), two were feather. I have asthma and am allergic to feather so I dialed “0” for operator and requested 4 foam pillows. We waited 1/2 hour and got nothing, so went down to the desk....they took the pillows to the wrong room. Ok, understandable. So we wait for more, after 45 minutes go by they bring 3 feather pillows and one foam. So I call the front desk again and let them know the issue. She said they would bring 4 foam pillows right up and she would bring them herself if she had to (and she was working front desk by herself). 30 minutes later they bring 3 foam and 1 feather. At this point we had enough foam pillows to make it work but it took almost 2 hrs for that to happen! Won’t stay here again until they fix things...and train employees on foam vs feather pillows.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sharebearstare
thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
I would personally like to apologize for the lack of service you received during your stay at the SpringHill Suites North Shore.
While we have been faced with certain challenges in recent months, especially staffing, I am quite embarrassed by the comments regarding our hotel.
I can assure you, however, that we are back on track to, once again, deliver on our promise of a memorable stay.
Should you decide to return to Pittsburgh please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly, so that I may ensure you and your family a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

I booked this hotel the day the announced fans would be allowed at limited capacity at PNC Park for the 2021 season. I booked this hotel before I even secured Opening Day tickets, but as Season Ticket Holders of the Pirates, I knew we’d have the opportunity to purchase them. I prepaid for my room and received confirmation everything was all set. We’d stayed there once before the 2020 season was cancelled and decided we’d like to stay again as we love the proximity to the ballpark. It wasn’t until 8:30pm when I went to check in that I was informed that my reservation had been transferred because they were overbooked. I had received absolutely zero communication up until this point and then the front desk attendant was not helpful and rude. I will not be staying again and will not recommend.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
John Costello, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2021

Dear honeildurm
Please accept our apologies on relocating your reservation; and for the miscommunication about being over booked.
We have been faced with some staffing challenges in our housekeeping department and they were not able to clean as much rooms as we had coming in.
Rest assured we are finally getting some staff hired and trained, so that we may not run into this issue again.
Again, we are deeply sorry that this had happened.