“Take away usually highly efficient ”
Review of Jimmy Wan's

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The folks who work at this location have always been high caliber and the food presented in a very pleasing and delectable manner.
My reason for only 4 stars is due to the experience below.
I recently placed a take away order and arrived a few minutes early for the pick up. I don’t mind waiting, however on this occasion my order was brought to the counter and the clerk was too busy on her cell phone to take notice. So as I waited, she seemed to be deep in concentration on something other than her work. After several additional minutes and a conversation she had with another employee, she finally noticed that my order was there and she took action to check me out.
I would have said something, but I actually wasn’t sure that the order was mine, not sure that it was my place to prompt her to address the customer vs her phone.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We are frequent visitors to Jimmy Wan's. The food is good enough, the drinks are fine. It's our default choice when we're too tired to cook or don't want to have to think about where to go for dinner. But we've noticed that their closing times are, shall we say, flexible. Tonight was the last straw.

After I'd spent 15 hours working at the polls, I wanted a good drink and some comfort food. I thought Jimmy Wan's was the place; I had decided on what to order before we even got there at 9:20. When we walked in, we noticed that the bar staff was relaxing and the dining room was mostly (but not completely) empty. I jokingly asked the young man lounging at the reception desk, "Are you still serving?" I was startled when he took me seriously and looked around, and mumbled, "I dunno, let me find out."

My husband said, "Oh, what time do you close?," thinking we'd come too late.

"!0:00," was the answer.

So: what is it? Are you still serving? Are you open or closed?

Apparently, 10:00 is just a suggestion.

We ate elsewhere.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Good food . Have ate here a few times . Always fresh and hot tasting . Good service and pricing is good . Will eat here again.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

When driving around various neighborhoods in and around Pittsburgh, we noticed a billboard overhead that showed a nice looking place to eat. Never having heard of Jimmy Wans before, we decided to drive by and check it out. It is a beautiful venue tucked away off the main road. We were pleased that we went in. It is beautiful inside as well. Service was excellent and all the food and drinks were delicious.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We love the happy hour specials, especially since they're daily and include food and drink. We always sit at the bar and service is great. Sushi is delish and we always like trying the different dumplings. It has started to become one of our regular spots and everything we've tried so far has been good!