Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MsHellfire
United States

Poor Sleep Quality and Bonvoy Elite Recognition

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Jul 2021
No room upgrade for Ambassador status. I asked for a quiet room and was given one near the end of the hallway which would typically be one of the quieter areas and I appreciated that. Unfortunately there is a lot of thumping music from the area surrounding the hotel almost all weekend. It doesn't go too late into the night but not really a peaceful experience. First night I had trouble sleeping due to a significant dip in the mattress which was fairly unexpected as many hotels took the opportunity to renovate during the pandemic and refresh but clearly this was not the case. The second night I changed sides and the mattress was a bit more comfortable but unfortunately the people in the room next door had multiple visitors shortly before midnight and were yelling in the hallway outside my room and in their own room for quite some time. So two nights of poor sleep at this hotel.

Club lounge is not open but restaurant/bar is functioning at the moment.

I really liked the location for the Warhol museum which was a pleasant walk away, as was dinner at Eleven restaurant.

I wouldn't return or recommend this property to others. I would respectfully suggest the hotel might like to audit the condition of mattresses and replace any in poor condition.
Responded 6 Aug 2021
MsHellfire,

This is definitely not good! We want our guests to have enjoyable experiences, and we are so sorry this happened! We would love to make it up to you. If you ever decide to give us another chance, please reach out to me (thardy@renpgh.com) prior to arrival, and we will see to it you have a better experience!

Exterior
    $142
5.6 km from Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
2,068 results
All reviews pnc park across the street allegheny river beautiful hotel cultural district clemente bridge corner room high ceilings heinz hall club level historic building great view of the river baseball stadium walking distance pirates game market square parking garage
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2021

We had 2 friends having birthdays and wanted to celebrate a night out in the city with a group of 20. COVID has caused many of our favorite restaurants to not take large groups and we for frantic

We contacted the Renaissance and Allison was so welcoming to offer a roped off area for cocktails in the lobby and then Lee in the restaurant was our contact for dinner .

Lee’s staff waited on us for cocktail hour as well as dinner and we can be. Adored her bunch - but they were great !

I’d recommend this location to anyone looking for something fun and different for an event .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Tom Hardy, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2021

EFergPittsburgh,

We are so happy to hear that your function went well!! We are very blessed to have Team Members like Allison and Lee!

We hope to have you back again some time soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

Beautiful Hotel. King Room was huge. View was amazing! Staff were very helpful and friendly. Perfect location for sightseeing in Pittsburgh. Walking distance to PNC FIELD, Warhol Museum and Heinz Field. Would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Parking available in lot across the street. $14 a day. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Great bar in hotel.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tom Hardy, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2021

Kim H,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you had a good time and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 6 July 2021

We stayed here to attend a Pirates game. Wonderful location to walk right to the park. Close to great restaurants. Room was beautiful and clean and offered views of both PNC park and Heinz stadium. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: June 2021

Thanks so much for staying with us! We are thrilled to hear you had a good time. Come back soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2021

Having stayed at the Renaissance various times, I decided to book a room at the new Industrialist Hotel for my recent visit. A day prior to my arrival, I received an email from the GM at the Industrialist, who informed me that because of recent nasty weather in Pittsburgh, the hotel was closed and my reservation had been cancelled. Although they were nice enough to make a reservation at the Westin, I did not want to stay there. I contacted the Renaissance, who were able to cancel my Westin reservation, and booked me at the Renaissance.

After my arrival, I was checked into room #1119. Great view of PNC Park. However, in addtion to very minimal drawer space, I noticed that there was no refrigerator. Not knowing if this was another casualty of Covid, I stopped by the front desk. The staff member seemed surprised, but assured me that a refrigerator would be delivered to the room.

I left the hotel for several hours, but when I returned, of course, there was no refrigerator. I again inquired at the front desk, and was was told the same thing. After no refrigerator again, I stopped by the desk a third time, and was finally told the "we have no extra refrigerators." I found this somewhat surprising at a hotel of this caliber. Since I liked the view that I had, I didn't ask to change rooms, and let it go.

I know that Covid has been the excuse for everything for the past year, but seriously? I would expect an excuse like this at a low-budget hotel, but not at the Renaissance. Of course, I will return again to to this fine hotel, but will make sure that there is a refrigerator in the room. My latest visit was a big disappointment.

2  Thank Frankiehead

Frankiehead,

We apologize for the lackluster stay! We would love to make up for it. If you ever decide to give us another chance, reach out to me prior to arrival at thardy@renpgh.com and we will see to it you have a better experience!

Reviewed 24 June 2021

We stayed here for a quick weekend visit, and to see a baseball game. The location is great for everything...walk cross the bridge to PNC Park, downtown restaurants and parks, walks along the river. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are spacious. The extra for a river view is worth it! The view during the day and especially at night is great. The only small negative is the hotel bar, where only one person appeared to be working. We sat down, waited 10 minutes then left. There are lots of other choices within walking distance.

Room tip: River view room was great
1  Thank tad10s

OrlTerry,

Thank you for the review! We hope to have you back sometime soon! Thanks so much for staying with us.

Tom