Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jacksondj5
Waterdown, Canada

Great experience Doubletree Pittsburgh (Greentree)

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
Nice stay at this Doubletree Pittsburgh(Greentree) , This was a points redemption stay (30,000 pts.) Huge property going through a renovation however this did not impact our stay other than we were in a renovated room #1741. Friendly greeting at reception, acknowledged as Diamond member. Received water and cookies and off to our room. Huge property, divided into several conected buildings, so a bit of a walk to elevator that serviced our room. Lovely pool area facing a terraced hillside and surrounded by nice garden. Pool was being serviced as per hotel notice on website and just being refilled as we left. Room had been renovated. New shower, mirrors and lighting. Cabinet and counter top not. Room also had new carpet, lighting and headboard. However chairs were quite worn and furniture was in good condition but not new. Large t.v , great HVAC . Odd water stain on ceiling above t.v . Concrete ceiling, so unusual location. Comfy mattress. Used restaurant in morning. Great service from John and the lady at egg station, wonderful omelets and service (apologies for not knowing her name). Easy check out through app. Email receipt reflecting $18 x 2 for breakfast + gratuities minus $30 for hotel credit (Diamond status) Would definitely stay at this Doubletree again.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Exterior
    $216
8.3 km from DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,785 results
All reviews double tree front desk hockey tournament nice hotel hot tub indoor pool beds were comfortable downtown conference starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2024

We were there for the NAIBC Banjo Convention. This Hotel is the ideal location. Everything was great especially the Staff. Special thanks to Nancy, Beth and Cheryl who were just outstanding. Nancy especially was just great. Frankly, the entire staff was very good. I should also mention the young lady that was the manager. She was special. Not sure of her name but I think it was Leah or Leay. Thanks again for such a great visit.

Room tip: This was a really great location. Staff was wonderful. Especially Leah the manager as well as Nancy, Beth and Cheryl in the restaurant.
Date of stay: May 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2024

called to verify both hot tub and pool would be available, since hot tub was not available previous visit. Arrived around 6pm and went to pool, but a baptism was being conducted and was told pool was unavailable until after 830. i told front desk person never heard of such a thing and explained to her, that’s why i booked hotel. She shrugged it off and basically said it was common to have baptism’s there. Never would have booked had i known this advance!

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2024

This hotel has the friendliest staff I’ve ever encountered. From check in to the breakfast staff to the cafe staff to the maintenance staff, hands down this is the best crew of any place I’ve stayed.
The front desk made sure I had easy access to my room for my dog companion. The cook at morning breakfast cooked me two perfect over-easy eggs on request.
The barista in the cafe won’t win any prizes for fast delivery, however he was steady on and friendly and the few people in line were patient giving opportunity to have light conversation. In his defense, several different items were going out at once. He didn’t panic and we all got what we ordered, just as we ordered.
The hotel was clean and as I don’t know modern from Elizabethan, it was comfortable regardless of the era. The parking is abundant and well lit. The area clean of debris. One tower is being updated and that area was well away from where I lodged.
My room and bed were clean and comfortable, and I slept well.
Thank you for a great stay.

Room tip: If you need easy access, Tower A has access from the back parking lot at street level to the 5th floor. It makes sense in a hilly town.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2024

We had a conference here and the staff was so kind and accommodating! We were originally scheduled at a different hotel that called us two weeks before our event and let us know they were closing permanently! The Greentree hotel exceeded our expectations and our event turned out better than we had originally planned!! I can’t say enough about how friendly and welcoming and kind the staff were! From the front desk, to the restaurant and breakfast area, and the banquet staff - Amazing.
Ciary
Ann
Aren
Tod
Olivia
These were only the names that I remember!! They were all fantastic!

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2024

My husband had a tournament in Pittsburgh over the weekend so we decided to make it a fun getaway for him and I. I searched and searched for a hotel with a good price and, more specifically, a hot tub. My husband competes and has been feeling sore so we really needed a hot tub for him to be able to relax his muscles in. We even called before booking to make sure that the hot tub was operational. We were told that it was. I could have booked through a third party for a lower price, but I booked direct with Hilton Honors because I really like that you can choose your room. I had trouble making sense of the floor plan and assumed that Floor 5 would be on the 5h floor. It's not. It is at ground level at the back of the property. First disappointment, but this was my fault for not further researching.

Husband goes to check us in and the room we chose wasn't available. No big deal. We go to our new room and see that we can park our vehicle right outside our window and only have a few steps to the exit/entrance door.

The first thing we notice is that the bathroom was small. We pretty frequently stay in hotels for tournaments or for a quick getaway. I think this is the smallest bathroom I've ever encountered in a hotel. Here we discovered a few minor problems. There is no vent/fan in the bathroom so it's impossible to do your hair because the mirror is fogged up. First time the toilet was used it just continuously ran and my husband had to take the lid off and fix something in there. Each subsequent time we used the toilet it was hard to flush, continuously ran, or it leaked. The shower head was beyond awful and needed replaced. I will add a picture of this. Again, not big issues because we were only staying 2 nights.

We retired to bed at the end of the night to watch a movie. The television screen was so dark that it was hard to see some parts of the movie we chose. There was also no way of remedying this as a customer. Another thing that was not a huge deal but was disappointing.

Our first morning there the fire alarm in the hallway went off at 9 AM. We were still sleeping at this point. Had to get dressed and go outside. I'm unsure if there was an alarm that was supposed to go off in the room as well, but none went off in the room. Just in the hallway. We understand that things happen and had no intention of complaining about this.

Later that day was my husband's competition. He competes in a physically demanding sport so afterwards we headed straight to the hot tub for him to get some relief from his pain. Remember, we booked this hotel mainly just for the hot tub. We go into the pool/hot tub area and immediately notice something is not right. The room was not hot like it was the previous night. No children were in the pool. The hot tub was cold. My husband went to the front desk and the only thing he was told is that it is closed. No explanation, he was just told that it is closed. This ruined our evening and just what pushed us over the edge about this hotel.

Again, we do understand that things happen. We had absolutely no intention of complaining about any of the issues until we were also told that the hot tub was closed. We specifically had chosen this hotel because of the hot tub and did not even get to make use of it other than on the first night. The second night was when the hot tub was really needed.

On a positive note, I will state that this hotel is nice. Our room and the common areas were very clean. Like, impressively clean. We found the hotel to be pretty quiet and experienced no issues with noise. Our room was nicely decorated as well. Beds were comfortable.

This stay was too disappointing to not leave a negative review. We have never experienced so many things going wrong at one hotel before. This really put a damper on our trip. We are frequently in the Pittsburgh area and will never choose this hotel again.

Date of stay: March 2024