Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
annedani2021

Most comfortable hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Jul 2021
Chose this hotel to stay at during a rough time with my family. We needed to be close by the hospital. This hotel had great pricing and was very accommodating when I needed to get same room for another night.
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 5 Aug 2021
Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your feedback.

Exterior
  • Hotels.com
8.3 km from DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,785 results
All reviews double tree front desk hockey tournament nice hotel hot tub indoor pool beds were comfortable downtown conference starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2021

Rooms are old and need remodeling my room smelled awful like a wet dog beds need mattresses very very lumpy very very long walk to the room I had to get another hotel would never stay there don’t think this is a nice place just because it has the Hilton name

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Perry Ivery , General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the feedback from our guests very seriously and look forward to using your comments to provide excellent experiences in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2021

We are Hilton Honors members and usually stay at their properties. This Doubletree Hotel is FILTHY! Trash in the hallway by our door, hair on the floors and tub in the bathroom, remote missing the back, ironing board cover stained, rooms hot, nasty stairwell (flies stuck in spider’s web), and dated furniture. The care of this hotel is completely UNACCEPTABLE! We will consider other hotel brands in the future. Not worth the money or the hassle. Ugh…

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 12 July 2021

This is a tough one to write. Good, bad and weird place. I chose this place because we were in Pittsburgh for 3 days, and the Hilton branded hotels down town charged $30 for parking! That's crazy! Anyway, I found this Doubltree with excellent prices and a good location.
The good:
The location was fine, although there is not much in Green Tree. However, it was not a long drive where ever we wanted to go.
We found the staff to be excellent, particularly the host from the bar, who was also the host at the breakfast buffet. He specifically remembered us and a conversation he had with my son.
The room was clean and well stocked. We knew there would be no housekeeping, but we were able to get supplies no problem.
I was surprised that they had a breakfast buffet in this time of COVID, but they did on the weekend. We were able to get it comped through my Gold status, even for my MIL who was not staying in our room. Probably not kosher, but great for us.

The bad:
The pool, although this could also be a good, as apparently it was why many people were there. It's a neat indoor/outdoor pool, but it was packed! Super packed.

One of the elevators (there are only two for a huge complex) was working. We were told that they are transferring to new ownership and the old owners don't want to pay for it. And since it hasn't been transfered, the new owners aren't liable. Thanks, Hilton.

Because there were so many people in and out of the pool, there was water everywhere, all over the hallways and the elevator. I slipped several times. There should be someone mopping.

Because of the layout, our room overlooked a roof with lots of stuff on top. Not pretty.

The weird:

The people staying here were really, really friendly. This could be a good, but it also felt kind of weird. Maybe it's just Pittsburg.

The building is very strange. Honestly, it looks like a prison from the outside. The inside has lots of long corridors (often soaked from the pool people). Just felt very strange.

In the end, the question is, would I stay there again? I'm sorry to stay that I probably would not. I'm a Hilton loyalist, but I'd look for another property. I hope the new owners are able to give this place a spark of life.

Room tip: All rooms overlook some level of parking, it seems.
Date of stay: June 2021
Perry Ivery , General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the feedback from our guests very seriously and look forward to using your comments to provide excellent experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2021

My family and I traveled to visit family for the 4th and I booked at the Doubletree Greentree in Pittsburgh, PA. Our stay was terrible to say the least. Nasty sheets and carpet in the rooms and hotel staff does nothing to accommodate guests. Sheets were never changed once during our 3 day stay although we requested them to be several times. Never got refill on towels or toilet paper so my family and I basically bathed for 2 days with our hands. Will never book here again!

1  Thank GrandTour09263539889
Perry Ivery , General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. As the Director of People and Culture at the DoubleTree at Pittsburgh Greentree, I assure you that my team and I are working very hard to provide the products and services that will deliver to our guests an “Excellent” experience. I have forwarded your comments to our management team who are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve.

Again, thank you for your response and please know that we value your business and we look forward to demonstrating our commitment to “Excellence” when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 6 July 2021

Terrible mean staff. No towels and we rented two rooms. Expensive for no free coffee or anything at all. Why is the so long what to I have to type more than I want for a review. 200 characters it has to be an entire essay