Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
laceylouise
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

Unbelievably terrible

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Feb 2021via mobile
Nothing good about this Valentines weekend stay. Deluxe suite was the farthest thing from deluxe. What could be wrong you may ask?
No phone in room
Stained carpet
Broken lamp
Beat furniture
No water pressure
Gym = 1 elliptical in a dungeon
But the cherry on the sundae was calling this to the managers attention who said he was mailing some kind of certificate for the terrible accommodations. Shocker:
Never received anything.
Avoid this place at all costs unless you want to experience a place that you will rate as terrible.
Date of stay: February 2021
John Graf, General Manager at Mansions On Fifth Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 10 Jun 2021
Obviously we are very disappointed that your stay was not what you expected and that we did not deliver. It is our intention that each guest's stay is as comfortable, quiet and enjoyable as possible, and obviously we did not deliver with regard to your stay. We take these concerns very seriously and we thank you for bringing them to our attention. We are making capital improvements in our product as we write this. In case you would prefer to discuss your experience directly with a senior manager, please reach out to Rebecca Lazeration at rebecca@thepriory.com. Again, our apologies for the quality of your stay, and please know that we are working on improving as we write this.
No prepayment needed
  • Hyatt.com
    $494
6.0 km from Mansions On Fifth Hotel
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews phipps conservatory carnegie museums enjoyed my stay would stay again visiting pittsburgh wedding zach parking robe shampoo valet
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2020

I did not have a poor stay. However, I wouldn't stay here again. Beyond the gorgeous exterior and the breathtaking lobby, there is nothing special about this place that merits a premium price.

The mattress was comfortable, but the linens were cheap and well past their prime. (See my attached photo of the pilled cotton pillowcase.) I've stayed in $15/night hostels with better linens.

Our room, (a suite on the third floor) was pretty dingy. Stains on the rug, broken power outlets, scuffed walls, gunky desk top, and a moldy shower. The hallways were charming and bright with beautiful paintings. They need to spend a little TLC on the rooms to make them match the level of the common area.

Reception was not up to par either. More on the level of what I would expect from a Motel 6, but that has little weight on my overall opinion. I think in this day, with limited service, it would be wise to put more emphasis on a warm welcome.

It would be nice if they had cups in the room for guests to drink/brush teeth.

Room tip: Executive suite large but dingy.
Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Katherine S
John Graf, General Manager at Mansions On Fifth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Thank you for your frank feedback. We are very sorry that our property did not meet your expectations. We endeavor to make each guest's stay as comfortable and memorable as possible, and we apologize that that did not occur in your case. We have made significant capital improvements since your stay, and again are very sorry for any inconvenience. Please reach out to our manager Rebecca at rebecca@mansionsonfifth.com if we can be of further service.

Reviewed 15 November 2020

I come to Pittsburgh several times a year and usually stay in an Airbnb. This was just for an overnight trip. The hotel is just gorgeous. The rooms were clean, huge and super comfortable. I was nervous having not traveled since March so I didn’t go to the bar except to peek in. It looked very nice. Employees wore masks and chairs and sitting areas throughout the hotel are spaced well to have privacy. I did see that the bar has lite fare. Service was extremely good - anytime I spoke with someone they were gracious. They have various breakfast fares available that they actually brought to the room since I really am trying to limit exposure. I think that a handicapped person might find it a little difficult. There may be an entrance that I didn’t see but the front entrance was all steps. I loved my stay and will plan to stay here again. I look forward to Covid being over so I could not act like a nervous ninny and enjoy this beautiful hotel even more!

Room tip: There is an elevator but it doesn’t go to all floors so ask if you can’t do stairs.
Date of stay: November 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your kind review. We will share your feedback with our team members, and I assure you they will be very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 30 October 2020 via mobile

I’m sure in a world free of COVID, this venue would be amazing. I’m extremely disappointed that the hotel had to change their precautions only three days before my daughter’s small, immediate family only, wedding. As we were informed by hotel staff, they were confronted by the police investigating a complaint that masks had not been worn for a prior event. Apparently this officer was to return for my daughter’s wedding to assess conditions during the ceremony. If found to be out of compliance, the wedding would be abruptly stopped and the hotel immediately closed. In addition, we were told that wearing masks were non-negotiable while the bride walked down the asile, during the vow exchange and first kiss despite the only people in the entire mansion were family and a few staff. The place is large with ample room to social distance. All other family members had already assumed and expected to follow CDC guidelines, and the logistics of the ceremony’s infection control had been finalized. This included no ceremony masks and no masks while eating or drinking. So, no first kiss without a mask, but if the bride and groom were sitting and eating next to each other, that’s ok? The venue did not agree to moving the ceremony outside or even consider other options leaving my daughter seventy-two hours to relocate her event which is now only two days away. This unprofessionalism has been cruel to say the least.

Date of stay: October 2020

This represented a very unfortunate situation, which was, unfortunately utterly out of our hands. We could not be more sorry with how this circumstance played out. It was a grave disappointment to us as well. As this reviewer noted, a few days before the client's daughter's wedding, our property was inspected by an officer of the Pennsylvania State Police's Bureau of Liquor Enforcement. He indicated to our manager that officers of the LCE were visiting event venues to ensure strict compliance with COVID-19 mitigation measures at gatherings. He specifically mentioned that any guest not seated and consuming food or beverages must be wearing a mask. In addition, when the LCE agent discovered that we were hosting two events that weekend, he stated that he would be inspecting the events and that, in the event of any non-compliance with Governor Wolf's mitigation orders, would shut the event down, suspend our liquor license, and fine us as licensee. We explained the dilemma to the clients, who understandably did not wish to proceed with the wedding bound by these parameters. They indicated a desire to cancel the event at our venue, and we promptly refunded all deposits. We were extremely disappointed not to be able to host our clients' special day, and even more by the trouble and inconvenience caused to our clients so near to their special day.

Reviewed 5 September 2020 via mobile

What a great find! It’s a historical old mansion with a cozy warm touch in a great old—yet upbeat neighborhood! The operations team is wonderful, lead by manager Adam; upon check-in, Meghan went above and beyond to accommodate us in a room that was spacious and perfect for our long-term stay! Carla, Sean, Carol, Key and Ashley were all professional and efficient and took care of our every need; and I know the ownership must realize what an asset they are to the hotel!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

Stayed here again with wife to drop off daughter at Pitt again and was nice. Limited services but that was due to COVID19 limitations but staff was helpful with getting tea for wife. Enjoyed our stay and will be back. Stayed in 2102 in annex which had good first floor access to parking.

Date of stay: August 2020