Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
quantrek
pa

Lovely hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Nov 2020
I come to Pittsburgh several times a year and usually stay in an Airbnb. This was just for an overnight trip. The hotel is just gorgeous. The rooms were clean, huge and super comfortable. I was nervous having not traveled since March so I didn’t go to the bar except to peek in. It looked very nice. Employees wore masks and chairs and sitting areas throughout the hotel are spaced well to have privacy. I did see that the bar has lite fare. Service was extremely good - anytime I spoke with someone they were gracious. They have various breakfast fares available that they actually brought to the room since I really am trying to limit exposure. I think that a handicapped person might find it a little difficult. There may be an entrance that I didn’t see but the front entrance was all steps. I loved my stay and will plan to stay here again. I look forward to Covid being over so I could not act like a nervous ninny and enjoy this beautiful hotel even more!
Date of stay: November 2020
Room Tip: There is an elevator but it doesn’t go to all floors so ask if you can’t do stairs.
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
John Graf, General Manager at Mansions On Fifth Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 10 Jun 2021
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your kind review. We will share your feedback with our team members, and I assure you they will be very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
No prepayment needed
    $157
    $190
10.7 km from Mansions On Fifth Hotel
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews phipps conservatory carnegie museums enjoyed my stay would stay again visiting pittsburgh wedding zach parking robe shampoo valet
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2020 via mobile

I’m sure in a world free of COVID, this venue would be amazing. I’m extremely disappointed that the hotel had to change their precautions only three days before my daughter’s small, immediate family only, wedding. As we were informed by hotel staff, they were confronted by the police investigating a complaint that masks had not been worn for a prior event. Apparently this officer was to return for my daughter’s wedding to assess conditions during the ceremony. If found to be out of compliance, the wedding would be abruptly stopped and the hotel immediately closed. In addition, we were told that wearing masks were non-negotiable while the bride walked down the asile, during the vow exchange and first kiss despite the only people in the entire mansion were family and a few staff. The place is large with ample room to social distance. All other family members had already assumed and expected to follow CDC guidelines, and the logistics of the ceremony’s infection control had been finalized. This included no ceremony masks and no masks while eating or drinking. So, no first kiss without a mask, but if the bride and groom were sitting and eating next to each other, that’s ok? The venue did not agree to moving the ceremony outside or even consider other options leaving my daughter seventy-two hours to relocate her event which is now only two days away. This unprofessionalism has been cruel to say the least.

Date of stay: October 2020
John Graf, General Manager at Mansions On Fifth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

This represented a very unfortunate situation, which was, unfortunately utterly out of our hands. We could not be more sorry with how this circumstance played out. It was a grave disappointment to us as well. As this reviewer noted, a few days before the client's daughter's wedding, our property was inspected by an officer of the Pennsylvania State Police's Bureau of Liquor Enforcement. He indicated to our manager that officers of the LCE were visiting event venues to ensure strict compliance with COVID-19 mitigation measures at gatherings. He specifically mentioned that any guest not seated and consuming food or beverages must be wearing a mask. In addition, when the LCE agent discovered that we were hosting two events that weekend, he stated that he would be inspecting the events and that, in the event of any non-compliance with Governor Wolf's mitigation orders, would shut the event down, suspend our liquor license, and fine us as licensee. We explained the dilemma to the clients, who understandably did not wish to proceed with the wedding bound by these parameters. They indicated a desire to cancel the event at our venue, and we promptly refunded all deposits. We were extremely disappointed not to be able to host our clients' special day, and even more by the trouble and inconvenience caused to our clients so near to their special day.

Reviewed 5 September 2020 via mobile

What a great find! It’s a historical old mansion with a cozy warm touch in a great old—yet upbeat neighborhood! The operations team is wonderful, lead by manager Adam; upon check-in, Meghan went above and beyond to accommodate us in a room that was spacious and perfect for our long-term stay! Carla, Sean, Carol, Key and Ashley were all professional and efficient and took care of our every need; and I know the ownership must realize what an asset they are to the hotel!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

Stayed here again with wife to drop off daughter at Pitt again and was nice. Limited services but that was due to COVID19 limitations but staff was helpful with getting tea for wife. Enjoyed our stay and will be back. Stayed in 2102 in annex which had good first floor access to parking.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 16 March 2020 via mobile

Charming hotel converted from what was previously a private mansion. The rooms are small but nicely appointed with dark wood furniture and a modern bathroom. We enjoyed the artwork on the walls throughout the mansion. They have a bar which is very pleasant and easy going. We will stay there the next time we visit Pittsburgh.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 20 January 2020

We have stayed at this boutique hotel a number of times since 2014 and in the past had exceptional experiences. In November 2019 we returned for a weekday overnight and this was the first visit with the hotel under new management. The professionalism by front desk staff was not at the previous level, and I was informed they no longer offered a complimentary breakfast (which consisted of coffee/teas and breads/pastries). The place is not the cheapest so that did not seem customer-friendly one. The night we were they had some live music that clearly attracted a regular and older crowd (free snacks at the bar for outside visitors but no breakfast fro paying guests?) so a visit to the bar meant we had to sit in an adjacent room. Maybe a heads-up that there would be no room for paying guests at the bar? However, the bartenders's Negroni was GREAT! We were staying in the smaller guest house (one of the few guests - maybe the only) and check-out the next day was 11 a/.m. The very noisy cleaning staff (lots of loud conversation back and forth) started at around 9:30 a.m. and despite the fact that I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door (I had to make several work calls and send work-related emails) they also began knocking on the door asking me if I "needed anything." This was repeated two more times before 11 a.m. and actually is not the sort of thing I have experienced even at lower-priced chain hotels. FYI, we of course checked out on time. When we returned home, I noticed a discrepancy between what the front desk staff said the charge would be when we checked in and what the actual bill was (fully accept it was my bad, I should have checked before we left). So I called the hotel, happened to speak with the person who checked us in, who told me she would talk to her manager and call me back that same day - no call. I called and left a VM
message the next day explaining the situation and asked fro a call back - no call. So I gave up. I am writing this because we used to LOVE Mansions on Fifth and had a very personal attachment to the place as it was the location for many family events over the last 4-5 years and we always made a point to try to stay there - I am not the kind of person who typically writes complaint reviews but this shift in customer service was a disappointment. One our next trip we will check out the Kimpton Hotel Monaco in Pittsburgh.

Date of stay: November 2019