Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ryan D
Dover, Ohio

Incredible staff and service - great place to stay near Mercy Hospital

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 May 2021
My wife and I stayed here for a month while our daughter was undergoing rehab in UPMC Mercy five blocks away. The staff has been amazing, kind, and super helpful during a really difficult time. Please note in the midst of the pandemic, this is one of the few hotels open in downtown, and they're running on a skeleton staff (7 people now, compared to normal staff of 60 when the bar/restaurant is open and they're busier). But despite the minimal staff, here's what they did for us.
Worked with us daily without charge when our daughter's discharge date from the other hospital changed several times and our move-in date kept changing.
Gave us a very nice long-term "hospital rate" with extra perks that made staying here so long much more affordable.
Gave us shuttle-on-request service back and forth to the hospital twice daily, responding quickly every time.
Helped us with tech issues to make working remotely from the hotel room more practical during our extended stay.
Coordinated periodic housekeeping services gracefully to fit our work and hospital schedule (note - had weekly housekeeping, which was fine - I clean my house and change the sheets on a weekly schedule at home, right?)
Did extras to try to make our stay more convenient and pleasant. Mario, Mike, and Jim, the main desk staff, always responded cheerfully and helpfully to help us in whatever way they could, and it made the whole experience much easier. They were kind, often asking about how our daughter was doing, and often asking if there was more they could do for us.
The room was nice, a larger-than-normal-room small suite with sleeping area, small sitting area, desk with comfortable chair, and refrigerator/microwave counter setup near the bathroom. Two TV's, with one having a hardwired audio/video panel to hook your computer up to and play through the TV if you wanted.
Location looks like it's not ideal to walk to nightlife if that's what you wanted - it is next door to the PPG arena, has good off-street parking, has several pizza joints within a couple blocks, and is near to Mercy Hospital.
The only con was they did have a hot water issue during part of our stay - you had to turn the water on five minutes before your shower, but then it was fine.
Overall, it's a nice place to stay, and it's the staff that is the gem. I will look for Cambrias to stay in for future travels.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    $158
6.5 km from Cambria Hotel Pittsburgh - Downtown
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,255 results
All reviews shuttle driver driver john chef charles front desk penguins game hockey game free shuttle great shuttle service great stay market square hotel room pnc park arena parking suite concert pens
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Just checked out of a two night stay here. This might be one of the worst hotels we’ve ever stayed at. Nothing was open and there’s nothing within walking distance to the hotel, and the water in the shower was barely lukewarm then would suddenly get cold. When we called about it the first day they said they had just replaced a part that day and to let it run 5 or 10 minutes and it would get hot. It never did, then when we tried to call the front desk about it again no one ever answered. The 2nd day we came back to the hotel in late afternoon and found we’d never had housekeeping service. Tried to call to get someone to at least bring clean towels and again no answer. The lobby area looked nice but the room was outdated and not very clean. Will definitely not be back

1  Thank drbenton38
Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

I was surprised that it wasn't as good as the pictures and reviews. Broken furniture, broken parts on the refrigerator. Old school tech. One spot to plug in a USB for power to charge a device. Not easy access to outlets either. Somewhat clean, but I Clorox wiped the coffee area. It was quite dirty. I was disappointed that the bar and restaurant are not open. And not "real close" places for dining or nightlife. You'll need to walk at least a mile.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

$20 per night for parking in an unsecured lot. Had a 2 queen bed that was so close up against the closet you couldn’t access it. Nothing within walking distance to get a quick meal despite being told there is.

1  Thank annacQ5894UE
Reviewed 17 March 2021 via mobile

Mario made my reservation and was so friendly and then proceeded to remember me upon check in. The rooms were clean and spacious and well lit. I loved having a mini living room and refrigerator in my suite. It’s the perfect place to stay for a Pens game because parking was easy and you just literally walk next door to the arena. Additionally I left my pillow there and Mario immediately retrieved it and shipped it back to me the same day and I received it the next day! I would definitely stay here again when I come back to town.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 15 March 2021

This hotel is right next to to the PPG Paint Center in Pittsburgh. It is hard to fully evaluate during covid times as most amenities are closed at this time. No room service, pool, gym, bar, etc. That being said, the Marriott around the corner, where we usually stay, is not even open at this time. The location is great and the room size is nice. We stayed in a king suite which had a bedroom and then a small 2nd room with a couch and a desk. The service was super friendly. The rooms were decently cleaned, though it did have stains on the carpet in the room. I did find the bed very soft/mushy. Rooms were also very reasonably priced. I hope to get to try this again when it is "fully" operational.

Date of stay: March 2021