2 people are viewing this hotel
$208
Lisa B

Excellent Customer Service

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Mar 2021via mobile
Mario made my reservation and was so friendly and then proceeded to remember me upon check in. The rooms were clean and spacious and well lit. I loved having a mini living room and refrigerator in my suite. It’s the perfect place to stay for a Pens game because parking was easy and you just literally walk next door to the arena. Additionally I left my pillow there and Mario immediately retrieved it and shipped it back to me the same day and I received it the next day! I would definitely stay here again when I come back to town.
Date of stay: March 2021
  • Choice Hotels
4.2 km from Cambria Hotel Pittsburgh - Downtown
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,250 results
All reviews shuttle driver driver john chef charles front desk penguins game hockey game free shuttle great shuttle service great stay market square hotel room pnc park arena parking suite concert pens
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2021

This hotel is right next to to the PPG Paint Center in Pittsburgh. It is hard to fully evaluate during covid times as most amenities are closed at this time. No room service, pool, gym, bar, etc. That being said, the Marriott around the corner, where we usually stay, is not even open at this time. The location is great and the room size is nice. We stayed in a king suite which had a bedroom and then a small 2nd room with a couch and a desk. The service was super friendly. The rooms were decently cleaned, though it did have stains on the carpet in the room. I did find the bed very soft/mushy. Rooms were also very reasonably priced. I hope to get to try this again when it is "fully" operational.

Date of stay: March 2021
2  Thank EndlessCaravan
Reviewed 16 October 2020

Hotel charges $20 per night parking!! I arrived went through the process of getting the room room. I had used priceline so the room was already paid for. I was asked for a credit card separately, I asked why this was needed and was told for incidentals like water, food from the pantry. ok I knew that I'd be using NO incidentals so I didn't give it a thought until I was home and reviewed my bank statement. I had a charge of $74. on it, separate from Pricelines charge. After I spoke with 4 different people I was finally told the charge was for parking. you read that right, PARKING. I paid for a bed and I also paid for my car to spend the night!! 20 bucks a night for parking!!! Never will I stay with this place again, never!!

Room tip: Hotel charges $20 bucks a NIGHT for parking!!
1  Thank 826kaciec
Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

I don’t Know what people are talking about. This hotel had NOTHING wrong w/ it. Mario checked us in & was such a nice guy that he hooked me up w/ a top floor suite for no extra charge & waived the parking fee for my birthday.
Not really any b/fast or pool due to this fake “plandemic” but e/thing else was perfect. It’s up by the former Civic Arena so it’s probably the least busy section of town. Easy in & out. Fresh, crisp & clean throughout. Super highly recommended.
Be blessed & say hi to a stranger once in a while. Nobody is better than anybody. Be blessed!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank frankhamay
Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

This place looks like somebody built a nice, full service hotel and then let it sit for a decade while pulling out bits of decor from the rooms and leaving them bare and basic looking. It's surrounded by nothing but giant empty parking lots and the hockey arena, so I'm assuming it's only busy when there's a hockey game. I checked in today, for the weekend, and none of the amenities are open. None. Restaurant, closed. Bar, closed. Pool, closed. Looks like none of them have been open in months. I understand that we've had the covid but the other hotels in the area have their stuff open. So, no food or booze here. I have to go somewhere else to eat or get a drink. This place has definitely seen it's better days and is far past them unless they put some money into it when things pick back up and refurbish the rooms.

The desk clerk is a nice guy and I can tell he's taking a lot of crap because of the state of the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

Very nice fixtures and upscale design, but I expected paying $200 would give a standard clean room, which it was not. Had bit of someone else’s trash in can, lots of dust and old toothpaste stains behind sink. Major streaks on shower door and makeup mirror. Used my tunnel vision. I hate writing negative reviews but....

Date of stay: August 2020