Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Gypsywife
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

A Mixed Bag on the North Shore

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
I was really hoping to send out a better review because in the past my experience with Marriott properties have been predominantly positive. What the hotel has going for it is location. PNC People’s Gate across the street and the T station steps from the building. When the Hop on/Hop off bus is operating, which it was not during my stay, there is a stop close by. I had a two-bedroom suite; the amount of space was very good. We had a view of PNC Park, the Allegheny, city skyline and Mount Washington. If you have a car there is a Giant Eagle a few blocks away to stock your fridge. Though surrounded by highways we did not find the sound a problem. Staff I interacted with were helpful and friendly. A problem with our safe promptly fixed as was the charge for parking after we no longer had the car on site.
I have stayed in other Residence Inns. They were more comfortable than North Shore. The furniture here is worn. The rug is near the end of its useful life. The sofa uncomfortable and the cushions stained, the pillows misshapen. The bed ok. There were fingerprint smudges along the edges of the door. Taking a paper towel dampened with water removed most of the dirt on my bedroom door. Corners on the tile in the bathroom were dirty. The closet doors were off their tracks and I could not adjust them. The vents in the common area dusty as was the detailing on my bedroom and bathroom doors. The kitchen was clean when we checked in, as well as the bathroom surfaces – counter, sink, tub, toilet.
A laundry was listed with amenities, however, the one machine supposedly available was broken. Given the number of families with children I saw during my stay, if a laundry is promoted, even one machine is inadequate.
The breakfast offered was mediocre at best and inferior to other Residence Inn’s I have stayed at. The coffee was good, but other items limited and inferior. Cereal was only available on Sundays (I was there ten days). The hotel’s pantry of purchasable snacks was out of water for three days.
Having a full kitchen was a real plus. Since we went to the baseball games the location could not have been more perfect. If attending games, I would stay here again.
Date of stay: June 2024
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review. We are glad to hear that our location and the spacious suite met your expectations, and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. However, we are sorry to learn about the issues you encountered during your stay, especially with the room's cleanliness and the condition of the furniture.

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve. Rest assured, we will address these concerns with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure better experiences in the future. Thank you for highlighting both the positives and areas for improvement.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide a more comfortable stay next time.

$286
    $190
    $158
5.5 km from Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews pnc park across the street full kitchen pirates game great location north shore front desk staff science center children's museum free breakfast bedroom suite yogurt breakfast staff definitely stay here again parking downtown steelers
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2024

I have been a loyal Marriot customer for over 20 years but I am really rethinking this.

I needed to cancel my reservation due to a serious family emergency. The reservation rules were to cancel by 1159p two days prior. I called as soon as I found out I needed to cancel which was the next morning at 8am. I was told by the person answering that she would cancel my reservation with NO penalty or charges. She was very kind.

The hotel charged my credit card. I called the hotel and spoke with someone at the desk and she said she would ask the manager and see what they could do. A few days later the charge was still there. So I called the hotel and left a VM for the hotel manager and explained the situation and how I was told they would cancel me with no charges and never received a call back and the charge is still there.

I know that the hotel can choose NOT to charge my card and I understand this is a policy but the fact an employee gave a promise and didn't follow through is NOT ok with me.

Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy E
Margaret Rose Wood, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2024

Good morning, E6934GHnancye.
Thank you for taking the time to make note of your cancelled reservation with us. I apologize for not calling you back, I was out of the office for a few days. While we do try to stick to Marriott's policies when it comes to cancellations, I understand that you were told your reservation would be cancelled without penalty. As a result, I will refund the night you were charged on your account. We certainly do not like to go back on our word. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thank you and I hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to the Pittsburgh-area.

Reviewed 2 May 2024 via mobile

Great hotel, well located and reasonably priced. Comfy bed. Spacious room. Highly recommend.

Only negative is having to pay to park. This always feels like a back door way of increasing the rate, especially for hotels like this where the overwhelming majority of travelers are driving there.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Experience Team, Owner at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2024

Hi James, thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our well-located hotel, comfy beds, and spacious rooms. We understand your concern about parking fees and appreciate your feedback. We strive to provide the best value for our guests, and we will take your comments into consideration for future improvements. We hope to welcome you back again soon for another pleasant stay. Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Pittsburgh North Shore.

Reviewed 23 April 2024

In theory, there should be a lot to like here. Breakfast included. Spacious rooms. Right across the street from PNC Park and a short walk to the football stadium. I've stayed here 10 nights so far this year since it's a short walk to where I need to go when I'm in town on business travel.

Unfortunately, I'm done giving this property a chance to prove my bad experiences weren't just flukes. Sure, there are some pros I mentioned above. And some of the front desk staff are friendly and helpful. But for me there are just too many cons to return. Among them:

-Trouble getting hot water in the showers. First time this happened I reported it to the front desk and they replaced a temperature regulator in the shower. Still didn't really work; water was either scalding or frigid with no middle ground. This latest trip there was hot water on one of my five mornings there. Every other morning it was cold to maybe sorta lukewarm.

-Room in disrepair. Particularly irritating are the sliding closet doors. Every room I've had, the door was off it's track. My last stay, no matter how much I struggled I couldn't get it back on the track. Lost use of half the closet space, including the safe which was inaccessible because of the busted door.

-Poor quality breakfast. As numerous other reviews state, there are waffle makers but no waffle batter. I've seen waffle batter set out just once in my 10 nights staying this year. My guess is it's too much hassle to put it out, or they are skimping on costs. Probably the same reason breakfast is exactly the same. Every. Single. Morning. Eggs and sausage, sometimes eggs and bacon. Never anything else you get at any other Residence Inn. Always the same hot foods. Appreciate them having bananas, but they were always green and never ripe.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Experience Team, Owner at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2024

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback from your multiple stays at our Residence Inn by Marriott Pittsburgh North Shore. It's clear from your experiences that we have missed the mark on several occasions, particularly concerning the amenities and services that should enhance your stay, not detract from it.

I am genuinely sorry to hear about the persistent issues with the hot water and the state of disrepair in the rooms you've encountered, including the sliding closet doors. This is certainly not the standard we aim to uphold, and your feedback is invaluable in helping us address these areas promptly.

Additionally, I understand your disappointment with the repetitiveness and quality of our breakfast offerings. We strive to provide a variety of quality options to start the day right, and it seems we fell short. I will personally follow up on your comments with our culinary team to ensure greater attention to variety and quality.

We value your business and would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel. If you’re open to discussing this further, please reach out to us. We hope to have another chance to host you, under better circumstances.

Reviewed 1 April 2024

Older hotel. Room was clean but things are breaking down like the closet door would not work and the bath drain was an issue. The gym was small, dusty treadmills, not much of any weight equipment except some free weights. Pool was closed. Parking is expensive at $27 but you can go in and out. Breakfast was about average for what one would expect. For the price I paid , which was about $130 before parking, it was a fair deal considering the location.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Erica Bender, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2024

Dear 924rakeshn,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. We will be working hard to do better moving forward!

Reviewed 24 March 2024

Here for March Madness at PPG arena. Easy access from freeway. There are bridges and traffic all around it, so subsequent noise. Parking on site for $27., a bit pricey, could be worse (LV resort fees).....Seemed safe, lighted, gated, pass required. Front desk staff? Rooms good size. Could be a bit cleaner in bathroom. The only real concern, comes with the water. Had to run long time to get warm, then changes hot to cold and back while showering! Extremely difficult to regulate. Breakfast area nice and good options. The staff member that was there, overseeing and assisting visitors...did great job!
The location is great, for access to casino, restaraunts and free tram/subway that takes you to the arena. Stayed there for last tournament and will stay again!

Date of stay: March 2024