Lowest prices for your stay
$220
$221
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
$221
Get rewarded with One Key
Katie Iris

Very dirty, sticky room for one night's stay for ballgame.

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Aug 2021
The location of this hotel is conveniently right across the street from the ballpark. The staff is very friendly. Breakfast was nice, you go to front desk for to get it to take to your room. It was quiet. We were, however, very stunned at the condition of the room. It looked like someone had started to clean it and ran off. There were clean towels and the bed was made, though I wonder if they changed all the pillow cases from the last guest, and there were brown stains on the bottom sheet. The first thing I noticed was there were sticky drink rings on the tables, and no kleenex in the plastic holder....there wasn't even an empty kleenex box so it looked like they forgot to replace the kleenex entirely. The doors were covered with sticky fingerprints. The drawer and cupboard handles in the kitchen had food smeared on them and there were crumbs in the sink. This got me curious so I looked behind the couch and saw M&Ms and yogurt lids thrown there!! We travel frequently and have never had a room this dirty. We had arrived early, and perhaps the housekeeper just gave up finishing the room. We would have gladly waited for a clean room. I was asked if we wanted to join a hotel rewards program...I always wait to see how the stay goes before doing so. We were given a view of a construction site, but that was the least of the problems. The area in front and right next to the hotel is strewn with trash, could use a good sweep. Needless to say we decided not to stay a second night for a second ballgame.
Date of stay: August 2021
1.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
2.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 27 Aug 2021
Dear A6624Katieiris,
Thank you for taking the time to give your honest opinion of your stay with us. I would like to deeply apologize for the housekeeping defects you faced while you were here, The conditions you faced while you were here are well below our standards and I am disappointed that you had to deal with it. I will share your comments with our housekeeping team. I hope we are able to redeem ourselves in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further concerns.
No prepayment needed
    $300
0.2 km from Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
Pool
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews pnc park across the street full kitchen pirates game great location north shore front desk staff science center children's museum free breakfast bedroom suite yogurt breakfast staff definitely stay here again parking downtown steelers
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed here while in town for a concert at the PNC Park. Room was clean...staff was friendly. If you are attending anything at PNC... this is the most convenient place to stay. Breakfast...at least for the time being..is a grab and go type thing for the obvious reasons.Would definitely stay here again if the need arises.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2021

Hotel was average regarding the room. We took our 2 dogs and negotiated a rate for them. There was no designated area to walk the dogs. The hotel is across the street from PNC Park, so if the Pirates are in town, the room was excessively noisy and it is almost impossible to get back into the hotel by car. The parking lot is free, but it is leased out to other customers, and there may be no spaces when you arrive. The breakfast room was closed. We had stayed in two other properties around the same time and this property was the only one without a hot breakfast. You had to order from a tiny menu and you didn't always get what you ordered. You had to microwave the breakfast sandwiches in your room.

1  Thank jeffmd49
Margaret Rose Wood, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2021

Dear Jeffmd49,
Thank you for taking the time to give us an honest review of your stay. I apologize that it fell short of your expectations. To address a couple items in your review, parking is $27 per night for all guests of the hotel and we do not lease it to outside guests. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any further concerns or questions. We look forward to redeeming ourselves in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2021

Although policy is in place to create structure, one can not foresee the unforeseen. When one is in the field of customer service by definition you must actively lend your self in helping and doing work for another. When the most effort is a shrug and no. What happened to "I'm not sure but lets see what we can do?"

Date of stay: July 2021
Margaret Rose Wood, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Good evening, W1181FFlawrencec,
I deeply apologize for the service you encountered while you were at our property. The level of service you described falls well below our standard and I have spoken to to the individual that you checked in with. I am glad we touched base and that we were able to resolve your issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions or concerns. We look forward to redeeming ourselves in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2021 via mobile

NO HOT WATER! From 8AM until checkout Couldn’t take a much needed shower. Was told, “I’m sorry. It’s the whole hotel. There’s a problem with the boiler”.
Was told they would remove the parking fee from my bill for my inconvenience. Didn’t solve the problem but it was something. Then I got my bill and it wasn’t taken off!

May has well said, sorry, thanks for paying full price, now get out.

Also: Pool went out of service on the night of our stay so my daughter was extremely disappointed.

Standing water in the dishwasher with food crude floating. Didn’t trust the glassware in the room and no paper cups.

Couch where my daughter was going to sleep had huge divot so it would suck her into the couch.

Tile fell off the bathroom wall. No one around. Just fell off.

Hotel was once nice but just seems to be falling apart. Idk if it’s lack of maintenance or lack of caring but definitely not worth the money. Still angry today.

Could have looked over the little things but at the very least I expect a place to sleep and can get clean from a hotel. Should expect more from a Marriott. I guess they trap you in for the location. Much better options in the Burgh.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank V4449NCronc
Margaret Rose Wood, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2021

Good evening, V4449NCronc,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to give us your honest opinion. I am so sorry for the challenges you faced while staying with us. It is disappointing to stay someplace and have multiple things go wrong. Unfortunately, the boiler did go out for the whole hotel and while we fixed it as soon as we could, I understand your frustration with having to take a cold shower. If you would like to reach out to me, I would love to make sure we refund your parking fee, as promised. I will also share your comments with the rest of our team to ensure your comments do not fall by the wayside. I hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 July 2021

Margaret is absolutely, positively, the ideal person you want working in your hotel. She cares so much about her guest and her team. Hospitality jobs are so short staffed but it’s nice to know there are amazing people like Margaret who make places like this a billion times better.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Meg Heinlein, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2021

Thank you, Aplatt8, for your kind words regarding Margaret. You are correct, we are extremely lucky to have her on our team. We are very glad that you chose our hotel and were able to experience her exceptional customer service. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Pittsburgh!