Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
chicagofran2
Chicago, Illinois

Bring a can of Lysol and Clorox Wipes

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Sept 2020via mobile
The friendly staff and location were the best things about the hotel. In the age of the coronavirus, I expect a meticulously cleaned hotel. That’s not what I found in Room 718.

The elevator floor was dirty. I sprayed the entire room with Lysol. As I was spraying the shower curtain, I saw mold on the shower curtain and liner. Yuck! The front desk immediately sent up replacements. The hotel also comped me for my 3 nights of parking for this inconvenience.

I found large crumbs in the kitchen sink and microwave. More yuck!

I enjoyed walking on the Three Rivers Heritage Trail. Also the hotel was close to my family so this was a great location for my trip. The hotel normally charges $27/night for parking. The parking lot that is adjacent to and foot steps from the hotel charges $10 but I would imagine it’s more expensive during baseball and football games.
Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 10 Sept 2020
Dear chicagofran2,

I apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not met with our excellence in service. I will be sure to discuss this review with our housekeeping staff and heighten our awareness of such issues. Guest safety during the pandemic is our top priority. Marriott, including our hotel, has recently rolled out enhanced technologies at its properties including electrostatic sprayers that allow for touchless disinfecting capabilities. The magnetically charged droplets produced by the electrostatic sprayers seek out and coat hard to reach areas and surfaces typically missed in standard cleaning processes. In our everyday cleaning, we use the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization to treat known pathogens. We value you as our guest and hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay. We hope we will have another chance to provide you with the excellent service and facilities that you should have experienced on this visit.

Meg Heinlein
Exterior
    $152
5.5 km from Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews pnc park across the street full kitchen pirates game great location north shore front desk staff science center children's museum free breakfast bedroom suite yogurt breakfast staff definitely stay here again parking downtown steelers
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2020 via mobile

My family and I stayed in a 1-bedroom unit for one week at the Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore. Within the room, the dishwasher didn’t work and the bathroom/bedroom/closet doors didn’t close properly. WIFI was spotty. We were told the room would be serviced every 3 days but we reached Day 5 with no cleaning. We called the front desk to inquire and were told it would happen the next morning (the day before we checked out). The kitchen is sparse with very few utensils or cookware. Due to covid, breakfast service was closed. They provided “grab and go” breakfast bags instead which consisted every day of a cereal bar, orange, and yogurt. The hotel offers no recycling options.

This hotel is in a good location downtown (which also comes with a $27/night parking fee) but due to the room problems we experienced, I would choose to stay elsewhere next time.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank emmers712
Meg Barron, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2020

Dear emmers712,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is helpful and will be shared with our team. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from the Marriott Family of hotels. The details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides several areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We would love another opportunity to better serve you on a return visit.

Meg Heinlein

Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

The hotel was excellent! Friendly staff and very cleanly. Our shuttle driver Kelly was terrific! Very friendly, fun, and helpful! She was very prompt at our pickups! Would definitely recommend this hotel and shuttle service!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 835bevw
HannahJancosko, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Thank you so much 835bevw! We're happy you enjoyed your time with us at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore. I'd like to agree! I think our staff is friendly and Kelly is such a good example of the amazing customer service and she's just an all-around delight to work with and be around. Thank you again, and we hope that you do make it back to stay with us soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2020

I was very disappointed in this hotel. They did not service my room. When I returned to the room in the evening and called the front desk, they did not offer any option to correct their failure. The manager offered to send up towels, but not to clean and service the room. As I complained further, the only offer made was to give me Marriott points as they do when someone REQUESTS not to have the room cleaned. I did not make that request as I paid for a room with cleaning and desired for the room to be cleaned. The manager did not resolve the problem or offer any reasonable corrective action. Will not be visiting this hotel again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
HannahJancosko, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at the Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations. As a valued guest, thank you for choosing us to accommodate you during your travels. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

Would definitely stay here again. The room was very clean. The location was great. We were pleasantly surprised with the complimentary shuttle and Kelly was an awesome shuttle driver! We can’t wait for our next trip back to Pittsburgh.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank michfolden
HannahJancosko, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Thank you so much! We completely agree-- Kelly is an awesome shuttle driver. We hope you make it back to Pittsburgh soon, and we're so happy you enjoyed your time at our property. Thank you again!

Reviewed 25 February 2020

I stayed for a birthday weekend recently, and I do typically try to stay at this hotel since it’s in a great location in regards to the best bars, the casino, and of course PNC park. The shuttle service is one of the best features that makes it so worth it. Saves a ton of money from Ubering or walking out in the cold in the winter when going out. Kelly was our last shuttle driver who drove us to a few stops throughout the night and her personality was perfect for the job and she was so incredibly friendly and kind. Highly recommend her!

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank jessicamS2173YF
EricaB2735, Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear jessicamS2173YF,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us! We will be sure and pass your kind words on to Kelly. We can't wait to serve you again the next time you're in town!