Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
emmers712
Chicago, Illinois

Bad experience

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Sept 2020via mobile
My family and I stayed in a 1-bedroom unit for one week at the Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore. Within the room, the dishwasher didn’t work and the bathroom/bedroom/closet doors didn’t close properly. WIFI was spotty. We were told the room would be serviced every 3 days but we reached Day 5 with no cleaning. We called the front desk to inquire and were told it would happen the next morning (the day before we checked out). The kitchen is sparse with very few utensils or cookware. Due to covid, breakfast service was closed. They provided “grab and go” breakfast bags instead which consisted every day of a cereal bar, orange, and yogurt. The hotel offers no recycling options.

This hotel is in a good location downtown (which also comes with a $27/night parking fee) but due to the room problems we experienced, I would choose to stay elsewhere next time.
Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Meg Barron, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review
Responded 10 Sept 2020
Dear emmers712,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is helpful and will be shared with our team. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from the Marriott Family of hotels. The details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides several areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We would love another opportunity to better serve you on a return visit.

Meg Heinlein
    $190
    $181
5.5 km from Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews pnc park across the street full kitchen pirates game great location north shore front desk staff science center children's museum free breakfast bedroom suite yogurt breakfast staff definitely stay here again parking downtown steelers
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

The hotel was excellent! Friendly staff and very cleanly. Our shuttle driver Kelly was terrific! Very friendly, fun, and helpful! She was very prompt at our pickups! Would definitely recommend this hotel and shuttle service!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 835bevw
HannahJancosko, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Thank you so much 835bevw! We're happy you enjoyed your time with us at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore. I'd like to agree! I think our staff is friendly and Kelly is such a good example of the amazing customer service and she's just an all-around delight to work with and be around. Thank you again, and we hope that you do make it back to stay with us soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2020

I was very disappointed in this hotel. They did not service my room. When I returned to the room in the evening and called the front desk, they did not offer any option to correct their failure. The manager offered to send up towels, but not to clean and service the room. As I complained further, the only offer made was to give me Marriott points as they do when someone REQUESTS not to have the room cleaned. I did not make that request as I paid for a room with cleaning and desired for the room to be cleaned. The manager did not resolve the problem or offer any reasonable corrective action. Will not be visiting this hotel again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
HannahJancosko, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at the Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations. As a valued guest, thank you for choosing us to accommodate you during your travels. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

Would definitely stay here again. The room was very clean. The location was great. We were pleasantly surprised with the complimentary shuttle and Kelly was an awesome shuttle driver! We can’t wait for our next trip back to Pittsburgh.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank michfolden
HannahJancosko, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Thank you so much! We completely agree-- Kelly is an awesome shuttle driver. We hope you make it back to Pittsburgh soon, and we're so happy you enjoyed your time at our property. Thank you again!

Reviewed 25 February 2020

I stayed for a birthday weekend recently, and I do typically try to stay at this hotel since it’s in a great location in regards to the best bars, the casino, and of course PNC park. The shuttle service is one of the best features that makes it so worth it. Saves a ton of money from Ubering or walking out in the cold in the winter when going out. Kelly was our last shuttle driver who drove us to a few stops throughout the night and her personality was perfect for the job and she was so incredibly friendly and kind. Highly recommend her!

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank jessicamS2173YF
EricaB2735, Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear jessicamS2173YF,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us! We will be sure and pass your kind words on to Kelly. We can't wait to serve you again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 22 February 2020

My husband I have booked here a few times for various get away trips to Pittsburgh. The last time we booked here they had a hold on his card for almost a month after we checked out. He kept getting the run around from them about the hold. Finally he got it taken care of. We decided to give them another shot and book the Residence Inn for our 5th wedding anniversary. My husband prepaid for our room using his card. So the morning of check in they had already taken off the money for our stay. We had decided to use my card to just pay for the parking. We check in and hand them my card so they can charge it for the parking. Not one time do they tell us that they will be placing a hold on not only card but his as well. So we finish and head to our room. The next day I wake to a notification from my bank stating that there is a $150 hold from them on my account. I tell my husband who then checks his debit card only to find out there’s a $10 hold on his card. So we head downstairs to speak with the front desk staff and find out why 1 room has a $160 hold between both of our cards. We were told by the front desk attendant that she didn’t know and to come back downstairs later when the person that checked us in was working. So later on after we spend the day out we check in with him at the front desk. He tells us he has no idea why there’s a $150 on hold with my card but that my husbands is for incidentals. So I wanted to pay cash for the parking just to get the hold off my card. I was told no that I can’t do that and the hold will still be on there no matter what. I asked why we weren’t informed and was meant with an “I don’t know”. So needless to say $160 remained on hold for the time we were there. It’s a little absurd that they don’t even have the decency to tell you they’re putting a hold on your card. I called the corporate Marriott to complain after we left about this. I spoke with a manger today who told that it’s acceptable to $160 on hold for incidentals. So I had $150 for parking and “incidentals” and my husband had a $10 hold for incidentals as well. Needless to say we will find a different hotel to stay at as this one has ruined yet another trip for us. I will be sure to tell my friends and family to stay elsewhere when booking a trip to Pittsburgh.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HannahJancosko, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Thank you so much for following up with us, 8841455, and I'd like to apologize that the staff was unable to answer your questions in a timely manner, however I was glad I was able to follow up with you when you were still on property to clear up this issue. As I stated when I spoke with you on the phone, I believe it was a misunderstanding in exactly what they were looking for when you were describing the two holds. Normally it is just one hold, and it took some true investigating to find the $10 hold that you referred to, but as a hold, that should fall off of the card shortly after check out.

I'd like to take the time to clear up the authorization hold versus a charge for you. It is a standard procedure across all hotels to hold what is called Incidentals whenever someone is checking in. This can be any amount in addition to the total room and tax. For our property that will cover parking, any damages to the room, or any charges to the room from our Market. Our incidentals range from $30-50 per night, depending on the length of stay. This hold will normally fall off of your credit card within 2-4 business days (though debit cards can often take longer, as stated on our signage at the front desk) after you check out. Because you were here for multiple nights, the incidentals were more. Nothing is charged to your room until checkout. So the $150 incidental hold would be in "pending" status, and once it is finalized, it would be an $81 charge for parking and the $69 that were "pending" would be back in your account, released from the hold. Once you check out of our property, the charge is made for the correct amount, and at that point the difference between the hold and the charge is released and it becomes up to the bank as to how long the processing can take. All banks differ, and I've found that larger banks like PNC, Bank of America, American Express, Wells Fargo-- they are usually very quick, and local Credit Unions and Debit cards can take a little longer.

I hope this explanation helps for your future stays, and again, I apologize, as all of the staff at the front desk should have been able to explain an authorization hold to you. Thank you again for staying with us, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your trip with us.