All reviewsmarket squarelive jazzhabitat restaurantfloor to ceiling windowspnc parkhealth clublobby bargreat hotelroom servicefour seasonsheinz hallself parkrooms are spaciousheart of downtownbaseball stadiumbeautiful roomchecking in
Reviewed 11 June 2018

The rooms and facilities are very good but, though the young staff tries hard, something is missing in the hotel's DNA. Responsibilities are so divided up and rigid, that one has to notify three separate divisions - housekeeping, room service, or engineering, depending on the problem. Missing tissue is "housekeeping" replacing coffee pods is "room service" and so far the tv issues require"engineering." Shouldn't have any of these problems but it would be easier on guests if there was one source for solutions. "Royal Service" is that concept but not operating well.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewYorkWendy
Simon B, Director of Sales at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Good Day Wendy, Thank you for your feedback, and we are sorry to hear that you didn't have a flawless stay, which is both our expectation. We hope that we can welcome you back in the future, and have a great stay. Best Regards, Simon Boden, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Due to a cancelled flight I still wanted to make use of the long holiday weekend. I called the Pittsburgh Fairmont and got a room and told them I would be there in an hour, I showed up in 30 minutes and the check-in process was still a breeze, I was in my room within 5 minutes of arrival. The entire staff at this hotel is the best in the city! I also encourage everyone to try Fl. 2 for at least a drink and an appetizer, you will not be disappointed

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
2  Thank Bill R
Simon B, Director of Sales at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and fl.2! Please come back soon! Best Regards, Simon Boden, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 6 June 2018

WOW! I was visiting Pittsburgh for a job interview. When I arrived at the hotel, the very nice lady at the desk told me the hotel was full and that they only had one room left. I was thinking, I was going to get stuck in a closed sized room in the basement. Then I heard the words, "I will have to put you in the presidential suite." WOW, I have never been in a presidential suite. I am hoping this was a good omen for my interview. I am still waiting to hear, but VERY hopeful. It would be a DREAM job. The room was amazing. I have attached some pictures. There was only one thing wrong with the room, my wife was not with me to enjoy the amazing room. She only got to see the pictures. Hopefully I will have a reason to come back to Pittsburgh and maybe lightning will strike twice. Even if it doesn't, this is a great hotel with an amazing location and friendly staff.

Safe travels

Stayed: May 2018

Very sorry for the delay, but thank you for detailed review Kansas_Traevlar. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you can return soon! Keep in touch! Best Regards, Simon Boden, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

On May 25th my girlfriend and I arrived at The Fairmont in Pittsburgh, PA after a long flight from the Bay Area. We arrived at the hotel at 1 pm only to discover that our room was not ready. Since check-in is traditionally at 3 pm I was not too put off by this so we decided to leave our bags with concierge while we went off to walk around the city and meet up with my cousins. Just prior to walking away from the counter I confirmed with the attendant that we would be receiving a room on a higher floor with a view of PNC Park. She matter of factly confirmed that and went in to tell us that was the reason why our room was not ready because it was a specifically assigned room. This was a very special occasion as I had planned on surprising my girlfriend, who was celebrating a milestone birthday, to a ball game at PNC Park. She’s an avid Bucs fan and had been wanting to go to a game for such a long time. I had planned on having time to prepare the room for her on that special day but that was not meant to be. We returned at 3 pm only to to discover that the room STILL was not ready. The gentleman told us that we would get a call when it was ready. I walked away in disbelief. 3:35 came around and I still did not receive a call. The game started at 4:05 and we still were not in our room. We were tired from a long flight and had hoped to catch a nap before the game but that was not to be. I approached the manager and he immediately gave us a room but failed to tell us that it was NOT the room with a view of PNC Park, which again, we were promised to have. He did offer us a $60 credit for breakfast to placate us. I normally would have been fine with that but when I discovered that we were not in the “specifically assigned room” that $60 credit meant absolutely nothing to me. Because we were running late for the game I didn’t have time to address the matter and decided to deal with it when we checked out the next morning, and that I certainly did. I explained to the different manager on duty for the day what had transpired and she was sympathetic. However, to resolve the matter she wanted to comp my valet which was already free per the package we had chose so that made absolutely no sense. She managed to credit me $150 towards the room but that wasn’t without pulling teeth. I’m a Presidents Club member and certainly expected the situation to be handled in a more professional way. Considering this is The Fairmont it was a stay from hell. I’ve had much better stays and customer service when I’ve stayed at Best Western which is a fabulous hotel chain. I certainly will be contacting the general manager Matthew Sterne and the Director of Operations Meghan Earnshaw regarding this debacle in hopes of a attaining a more satisfactory resolution to this matter. Best of luck to those who decide to stay at The Fairmont in Pittsburgh. I hope that you have a better experience that my girlfriend and I did.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LBU31
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend trip to Pittsburgh for a concert. Everyone in our party was very happy with the location of the hotel...lots to see and do within a short walk of hotel. Concert venue (PPG Arena) was also a short walk. Entire hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, however, the concierge, Eric, was exceptional! Would definitely come back to this hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple