Lowest prices for your stay
$236
rich3677
Buffalo, New York

Good Business Hotel, Parking is Expensive

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Aug 2023
The hotel is clean and seems newly renovated. The rooms are on the small side but very well designed, the space is small but does not feel small. I'd stay here again on business but would avoid with a family. The neighborhood feels a bit seedy and I would not suggest walking around alone at night. There is not a ton of walkable options for meals. The hotel breakfast is standard hotel fare, not great, not bad. However, the big drawback here is parking, it's valet only, and $38 per night plus tip, so make sure you factor that into your budget.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • ZenHotels.com
    $225
3.2 km from Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Downtown
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews fort pitt two blocks the hotel staff stayed here station square incline downtown bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2023

Stayed here for two nights in May 2023 with no issues whatsoever. The location was great, one or two blocks from Market Square and right along the river close to a bridge that led to the incline and Station Square. Perfect home base for exploring Pittsburgh. Staff was friendly and the room was great with an excellent view of the river. Friendly staff. No issues - recommend!

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2023

What started out as a 5 star review quickly decayed into a 1 star review due to what I can only describe as the inability for the general manager, Larry Gawel, to be an adult and a professional. Recap: I had checked in on Tuesday evening for a 4 night stay until Saturday. However I had a work engagement in Chicago on Wednesday and Thursday so after a nap in the hotel I left my wife to enjoy the city while I drove to Chicago and finished up some work matters.

I then drove back from my stay in Chicago Thursday evening from 11pm CDT arriving back at the hotel at 3:53am EDT on Friday morning. At this time my wife had fell asleep waiting for me and I was unable to get into the room. I spoke with the front desk staff Stephanie and Danny who attempted to assist me but were unable to access the room with the master key or housekeeping key. At this point I did not want to wake my wife and was fine with sleeping in the car in the parking garage I had paid for through the hotel. However the front of the house staff did a true and proper customer service job and offered me a temporary room until my wife woke up and I could get back in. This is true customer service and should have been the end of any interactions with the hotel staff outside of good mornings and checking out. However this was not the case.

I received a phone call to the room around 10am demanding that I leave and then the general manager came knocking on the door already in a foul mood and with great attitude and a power trip. He had said things like: “I am not playing this game” and I had no idea what he was talking about. Anyways this quickly ended up with him demanding that my wife and I both leave because I had stayed in a room offered by his staff… In addition I find out a few minutes later from my wife that this 6’2” 300lb man had in a threatening manner stood in the doorway and yelled at her even though she had no idea why he was there or what the issue was. We promptly met back up and I brought the car around, packed and left. Having to then book another hotel at full price on a Friday in a Downtown area.

I am a Marriott Bonvoy member and just this year alone (it’s April) I have 14 nights and no past complaints.

It is disgusting to me that this “person”(if they can be called that) in any shape or manner could even be qualified to be a General Manager. Not only was there zero semblance of customer service but there were no actions on my wife or myself that would justify even the smallest slight from staff let alone the person who should be the most professional of any staff I would need to engage.

I have since escalated this issue to Marriot Corporate to resolve and hopefully remove this person from the company and industry. Thank you so much Larry Gawel for digging your own grave. In the future if you are having a bad day, take a breather, a pill, talk to a therapist. Do not take it out on your clientele when you are in the hospitality industry.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 15 April 2023

Just came back from a single day stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites, Pittsburgh downtown and found nothing to complain about. Location was great, amazing view toward the Monongahela river (higher floors recommended), friendly front desk & staff, good breakfast, clean and spacious room and bathroom. That's why I recommend this hotel and definitely I will come back again.

Room tip: River view rooms at higher floors recommended
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2023

My son and I headed to Pittsburgh for a little getaway. The Fairfield itself was very average but clean. The front desk staff was great! When we needed assistance, Deb and Josh were always willing to help. Deb was exceptionally friendly!!

**I think the hotel needs a larger sign out front! Might make it easier to find!**

Reviewed 27 September 2022

We stayed here this past weekend when we were in Pittsburgh to visit the U of Pitt and Carnegie Mellon U. The location of this hotel is right on the water (I can't remember which river it was as there are 3...

Rooms are a little small but are fine. The second floor mezzanine serves breakfast and turned out to be a great place for my kids to study in the afternoons in between college visits. The hotel staff are fantastic- professional, friendly, and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Parking is a few blocks away from the hotel and runs like $24/night. There's not much to do for food or drink within a block or two of the hotel, but most of downtown is walkable from here.

Overall excellent property, very well managed and clean. I'd definitely recommend it and I'd stay here again for sure.

Room tip: River view is worth the upgrade- it's a very pretty sight.
Date of stay: September 2022