Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
AmyK

Weekend travel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Dec 2019
We enjoyed our stay and felt well-cared-for by Charlotte and Annie. The room was comfortable and our needs were addressed before we even had to ask. You anticipated our needs and were helpful and super friendly.
Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 17 Dec 2019
Thank you so much for giving us a review! I am so happy and pleased we helped in the best possible way! Anticipating the needs of guests is crucial and we try our best to do so :)

The housekeeping team is super awesome and make sure all rooms are up to par per guests standards! Hardworking, efficient in terms of cleanliness, and overall warm welcoming. We are always here to help with any issues that may occur during someones stay. Glad we did a good job :)

Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy new Year from the family here at the Hampton!
$302
$247
16.2 km from Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,320 results
All reviews shuttle service front desk carnegie mellon free shuttle visiting pitt free breakfast convenient location the breakfast area yogurt hospital parking downtown inns surgery uber proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2019

Rooms are small but clean.
Front desk was accommodating and nice.
We didn’t get cleaning service unless we asked.
Breakfast was good. I loved the fresh juices and smoothies.
Construction outside started around 7:00 am. Not the hotel’s fault, but a bit aggravating.
Great downtown location.
Good value for the price we paid.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
dominicartuso, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2019

Thank you for the positive review! Our front desk and housekeeping teams work diligently on making sure guests feel appreciated, solving issues, and overall showing guests our culture here :)

Our breakfast ladies do such a wonderful job in the mornings for guests. I am very happy you enjoyed it! Those smoothies are too good to pass up on!

The construction has been unfortunate but it is finally all done! I hope it didn't cause too many problems with the stay here! The Hampton family hopes you have a wonderful Christmas :)

Reviewed 9 December 2019

My Dad and I stayed here for my cousin's wedding. They let us check in early which was awesome, since we had been driving for over 5 hours to get there. Located a short drive to Phipps Conservatory and not too far from all the good stuff downtown. The rooms were very comfortable. We had a nice view from our window of the many bridges in the city. The shuttle service was free and very convenient. They will go within 3 miles of the hotel. The one driver took us to Pittsburgh Winery and said they usually don't go that far, but he did for us which was nice (and was within the 3 mile limit). Breakfast was surprisingly delicious. Try one of the fruit smoothies and pressed juices. YUM.

Date of stay: November 2019

Wow what an amazing and kind review, thank you so much!! I am so pleased we were able to accommodate that early check-in for you :) Our location has everything around us and with that shuttle service, so many activities are possible! Our breakfast team really outdo themselves when making breakfast for all of our guests here at the Hampton! Those smoothies sure are delicious :) Have a wonderful Christmas and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 27 November 2019

Card my second card twice after the first card went through successful. They tried to charge it for 28.00 dollars and 150.00 dollars. Makes no sens . Plus they should advise that their is a 15.00 parking fee when you check in.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
dominicartuso, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2019

Thank you for giving us a review. I have responded to you on our feedback survey regarding this matter. You booked through a third-party website which creates two different receipts. We are showing on our system we did not charge you an extra $28.00 or $150.00. We show authorized payment for room and tax only.

I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused and the frustration you have experienced. The third-party website shows we have parking $15.00 a day. We have it posted on our main website and at the front desk when you come to check-in.

Again I apologize for anything we did wrong, but I did check and make sure we did not overcharge you on our end. I have talked to other management to clarify this as well. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me. I would love to talk and assist in the best possible way. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 November 2019 via mobile

I chose this HAMPTON Inn because of its proximity to Magee Women’s Center and I had a procedure scheduled there. From the very first phone call to reserve my room I knew that I made a good decision. Dominick took my call and was extremely helpful and friendly. Dominick was also there when I checked in, and he made sure that my room was ready due to having to be at the hospital at 2:00. It was wonderful that I could check in a little early before my procedure and get situated. The hotel was very nice, updated and clean. The room was perfect for what we needed, beds were extremely comfortable and even though I didn’t get back until very late from my procedure I knew I had a great room waiting for me. I would stay at this HAMPTON Inn again if I have to come back to the area. Thank you Dominick for making my experience so great and easy!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
dominicartuso, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2019

Thank you so much for the review! I am glad to hear I was so helpful, friendly, and overall accommodating :) I strive for great customer service and making guests feel at home! When there is an opportunity to help I make sure to do my best and it looks like I made the check-in process a wonderful one!

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the room. Our housekeepers work very hard to make sure rooms are cleaned properly and feel fresh. Here at this Hampton we have a unique culture, great associates, and do our bests to exceed expectations.

I hope the procedure went well for you and again, I am glad I was a great assistance to you! You are very much welcome and if you need to stay here again please feel free to contact me and I will most certainly help you again :)

Reviewed 19 November 2019

Great location, Friendly Staff, Clean and Quiet rooms. Lots of variety for breakfast. Water and Coffee available throughout the day. Parking was sufficient. Not far from the Stadiums or the downtown area.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
dominicartuso, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2019

Thank you for the kind review! :) Our associates and management teams here strive for the best possible service to our guests. Our culture provides a great work atmosphere and overall accommodating stay! 24/7 water/coffee options, you cant go wrong with this! I am glad to hear the stay was enjoyable, helpful, and great. Our location has us near main attractions, schools, and some of the best restaurants around. We hope to see you again for a future stay visit!