Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Maurice J

Charged my cards several times for no reason.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Nov 2019
Card my second card twice after the first card went through successful. They tried to charge it for 28.00 dollars and 150.00 dollars. Makes no sens . Plus they should advise that their is a 15.00 parking fee when you check in.
Trip type: Travelled with family
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 27 Nov 2019
Thank you for giving us a review. I have responded to you on our feedback survey regarding this matter. You booked through a third-party website which creates two different receipts. We are showing on our system we did not charge you an extra $28.00 or $150.00. We show authorized payment for room and tax only.

I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused and the frustration you have experienced. The third-party website shows we have parking $15.00 a day. We have it posted on our main website and at the front desk when you come to check-in.

Again I apologize for anything we did wrong, but I did check and make sure we did not overcharge you on our end. I have talked to other management to clarify this as well. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me. I would love to talk and assist in the best possible way. Thank you.
$286
  • StayForLong
8.4 km from Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,320 results
All reviews shuttle service front desk carnegie mellon free shuttle visiting pitt free breakfast convenient location the breakfast area yogurt hospital parking downtown inns surgery uber proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2019 via mobile

I chose this HAMPTON Inn because of its proximity to Magee Women’s Center and I had a procedure scheduled there. From the very first phone call to reserve my room I knew that I made a good decision. Dominick took my call and was extremely helpful and friendly. Dominick was also there when I checked in, and he made sure that my room was ready due to having to be at the hospital at 2:00. It was wonderful that I could check in a little early before my procedure and get situated. The hotel was very nice, updated and clean. The room was perfect for what we needed, beds were extremely comfortable and even though I didn’t get back until very late from my procedure I knew I had a great room waiting for me. I would stay at this HAMPTON Inn again if I have to come back to the area. Thank you Dominick for making my experience so great and easy!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
dominicartuso, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2019

Thank you so much for the review! I am glad to hear I was so helpful, friendly, and overall accommodating :) I strive for great customer service and making guests feel at home! When there is an opportunity to help I make sure to do my best and it looks like I made the check-in process a wonderful one!

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the room. Our housekeepers work very hard to make sure rooms are cleaned properly and feel fresh. Here at this Hampton we have a unique culture, great associates, and do our bests to exceed expectations.

I hope the procedure went well for you and again, I am glad I was a great assistance to you! You are very much welcome and if you need to stay here again please feel free to contact me and I will most certainly help you again :)

Reviewed 19 November 2019

Great location, Friendly Staff, Clean and Quiet rooms. Lots of variety for breakfast. Water and Coffee available throughout the day. Parking was sufficient. Not far from the Stadiums or the downtown area.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
dominicartuso, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2019

Thank you for the kind review! :) Our associates and management teams here strive for the best possible service to our guests. Our culture provides a great work atmosphere and overall accommodating stay! 24/7 water/coffee options, you cant go wrong with this! I am glad to hear the stay was enjoyable, helpful, and great. Our location has us near main attractions, schools, and some of the best restaurants around. We hope to see you again for a future stay visit!

Reviewed 17 November 2019

Upon check-in, they asked me to swipe my card but the charge said $450+. It was a prepaid reservation but they tried to double-charge me. I showed them the hotels.com email saying it was prepaid and it still took about 3 minutes to figure it out on their computer. They asked if I had a vehicle in the lot, to which I replied "no."

The stay itself was fine. Nice room and everything, clean hotel, decent breakfast.

When I came down late at night (maybe 2-3am) to get a snack from the snack counter, there was no one manning the desk. I knocked on the wall of the office connected to the counter/front desk and still no one came out. I just had to leave the cash on the desk and take the snacks.

A few days after my stay, I noticed a $30 charge on my credit card. I messaged Hilton/hampton inn customer service about the charge and they contacted the hotel who said it was for parking. Like I said, I had no car and had told them so. CS said the hotel manager would contact me within a few days regarding the fraudulent charge, but they never did. Now I'll be getting my refund by check from Holton/Hampton Inn corporate.

The hotel was great. The check-in staff was poor and the desk was unoccupied at night. I was charged for services I didn't use or ask for.

Date of stay: November 2019

Thank you for the review. I am deeply sorry for how the check-in process was for you. This sounds frustrating and I understand how it must of been. Hotel.com may have missed some comments stated it was prepaid and that's why we had some confusion. I will be talking to my night auditor to figure out why he was not at the desk during this time. This is not typical and I am very sorry for this inconvenience.

I am glad you enjoyed everything else besides some of the hiccups you had with us! We have a great culture here, strive for excellent customer service, and tend to the needs of guests in the best possible ways! We take feedback like this and learn from it, to do better, and overall learn more.

I am glad to hear Hilton Guest Assistance were able to help refund the money back to you. I am not sure why contact was not made and I apologize for this. I will be having a talk with my team about the experiences you had and how we can be better for future guests! We hope you can give us another chance in the near future. If you need anything at all please do not hesitate to contact me. My name is Dominic Artuso and I am the Guest services Manager.

Reviewed 13 November 2019

Great location. Great breakfast buffet. Nice updated decor. Outside....not so much, but lobby and rooms were clean and nice. Would recommend this hotel. Close to many restaurants and only a few miles from downtown.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
dominicartuso, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2019

Thank you for the kind review! I love that our location has many restaurants near us as well as the universities! We are also near downtown and all of this can be used by our complimentary shuttle service! :) Housekeeping works hard to make the rooms feel like home, comfortable, and clean. I see you noted the outside was not "updated" and would like to see what we can do improve! I am happy you had a great stay with us and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2019

Very decent stay for the price paid, parking was expensive to and not clearly stated when booking the room. The price of the hotel for the location it is in (not downtown Pittsburgh) was pricey. Staff was friendly in elevators! Long time to check in also.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the review and feedback for our property. I am sorry the stay was not that great with us. I will look into the parking not being stated properly because that is very important for guests to know we do have paid ($15) parking per car per night here at the Hampton. It is possible the price may of been pricey due to a busy weekend. Our location is near the University and most of the hospitals.I apologize for the long wait for check-in. It is possible it was very busy during that time I am so happy to hear our associates were friendly and having good conversation with you :) Is there anything we can do to improve that 3 rating to a 5? I would love to hear a response! Thank you again.