“Still One of My Favorites, But Minus 1 Star for Mistakes”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve a table
Thu, 30/05
20:00
Ranked #9 of 2,246 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Description: Eddie V's Prime Seafood is a luxury dining destination known for the seafood flown in from pristine waters around the world, as well as its premium hand-carved steaks. Dishes are artistically prepared and feature an ever-changing array of seasonal seafood, along with critically acclaimed prime center-cut steaks broiled to perfection. The restaurant's award-wining wine list, which has been recognized by Wine Spectator, has more than 300 wines curated by Eddie V's very own Advanced Sommelier. In the V Lounge, guests can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of live music trios.
Reviewed 27 November 2023 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants! The food was great as always. I do highly recommend reservations if you are planning to go for a holiday like Thanksgiving. You wouldn’t think it would be crowded, but I was really glad we did! I only have 3 complaints of the night…while I loved being able to see the band, it was too loud being so close, which ended up with mistakes because we were brought a dessert when none of us ordered one and a almost untouched crab fried rice was thrown away instead of being packed up for us. Other than that, the turkey was the juiciest ever and the cranberry sauce was amazing! Loved that it was made from scratch and the spices in it! I’ve never thought about cranberry sauce that way and now I have new ideas! Definitely recommend! Btw, parking on a holiday isn’t an issue! Just park on the street free!

Date of visit: November 2023

Reviewed 16 September 2023 via mobile

Had an excellent dinner at Eddie V’s, The restaurant was fairly busy for a Monday evening. We did have reservations. Our server Jesse was great. Made suggestions and was very accommodating. We both had seafood dishes. Both were prepared well. Portions were good.
This is our second visit to an Eddie V’s. (Prior visit in CA) . Although it’s a chain they have high standards. Will continue to dine at Eddie Vs where possible.

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 4 September 2023 via mobile

Fantastic Chilean Sea Bass and asparagus. The sea bass was cooked to perfection and the soy sauce was just the right amount. The crab fried rice was really good, but a little too salty for me. The band in the bar was fantastic! I wish they played from 6:30-9:30 or 7-10 on Sundays. I will return! Fantastic food and very attentive waitstaff.

Date of visit: September 2023
1  Thank CHILL617
Reviewed 22 August 2023

My family and I ate here for the first time. Without exaggeration, this was the best meal we ever had at a restaurant, and our servers, especially Jeremy, were amazing. We will definitely keep coming back. We had appetizers, main dishes, accompaniments and desserts which were all phenomenal. Also, the wine selection is pretty impressive. Thank you Eddie V’s in Pittsburgh!

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 1 August 2023 via mobile

This is a restaurant with a classic steakhouse vibe, though it is primarily a seafood restaurant. The food was terrific, the cocktails were theatrical and tasty-try the smoked Old Fashioned-and service was quite good too.

We would happily return.