“They Deliver the Best Seafood Tower Ever”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve a table
Sun, 21/07
20:00
Ranked #12 of 2,227 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Description: Eddie V's Prime Seafood is a luxury dining destination known for the seafood flown in from pristine waters around the world, as well as its premium hand-carved steaks. Dishes are artistically prepared and feature an ever-changing array of seasonal seafood, along with critically acclaimed prime center-cut steaks broiled to perfection. The restaurant's award-wining wine list, which has been recognized by Wine Spectator, has more than 300 wines curated by Eddie V's very own Advanced Sommelier. In the V Lounge, guests can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of live music trios.
Reviewed 7 July 2023

And the winner of the best seafood tower ever is Eddies! We got the $130 seafood tower, and it was far better than some we've paid far more for. Everything was super fresh, with delightful sauces and lots of them. No skimping, this was deluxe and posh. We also got the Monterrey Corn, which is so poplar the internet is awash with knock-off versions. This would have been enough for a few more people, but my wife had the brilliant idea to get a round of oysters for dessert. All of that wonderfulness, and superb service, with six super-great adult drinks, was $334. Well worth it by any standard. Manager Christine and server Katie get huge shout-outs for such a great experience.

Date of visit: July 2023

Reviewed 11 June 2023 via mobile

We entered the restaurant to a wonderful singer that was very entertaining. Sat down to the table and the waitress, Liz, brought champagne on the house for everyone because we were celebrating a 60th Birthday. She was given a birthday card thanking her for choosing Eddie Vs for dinner. The hostess brought birthday confetti and scattered it on the table. The beverages were cold and the bread was piping hot. Delicious!!! I ordered filet with horseradish, Brussel sprouts & au gratin potatoes. It was over the top!!! Everything was extraordinary. I was sitting with six other people and there was not a complaint to be had. We had asked for our checks and could not believe that Liz brought everyone dessert. She was a terrific waitress and we had a wonderful time in large part because of her. I will be back. On a scale of 1-10. I give it a 20!!!

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 8 June 2023

Great place for an anniversary dinner! The food was excellent and service outstanding! The place to go in Pittsburgh.

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 2 June 2023 via mobile

Super restaurant with Gluten Free options. The Crab Fried Rice was a highlight as was the live entertainment. Really worth a visit especially for Celiacs

Date of visit: May 2023
Reviewed 15 May 2023

Terrible experience that lasted over 3 hours. I enjoyed my lobster tail and my lobster tacos because they were good. My mother ordered the mother’s days meal and wanted a salad with her meal, it was her first time there and she explained that. She ordered a Caesar salad. When her meal came, there was a salad. So we explained she would not be eating another salad and didn’t know she was getting one, the manager came over and offered her a soup instead of the salad. And noticed she barely touched her meal and offered her the avocado toast and took the quiche away.m. The quiche was dry and mass produced for the Mother’s Day menu. This menu is unfortunate because really, we should want the moms to have the BEST experience. The manager charged mom for the soup he offered her. I complained and he said he added the soup to the bill because it was cheaper than the salad. We explained that HE offered her that soup as a service to make her feel better about her second salad and dry quiche he took back. He took the soup off the bill and added a $13 salad. She barely ate any of it. He did not have any concern about her satisfaction at all. No resolve. It was not worth the $13 Eddie V’s manager added to the check because he had 4 customers that were disappointed in the service and the resolve. I was there on Easter and ordered that quiche. I told them in a review that it was dry and probably mass produced. But not a good taste. All of this back and forth had us at the table for 3 hours. HORRIBLE white table cloth experience. Unprofessional management and I wonder if it was racism or just incompetence thumbs down to Eddie V’s. There are more professional restaurants with better food in the area. I only noticed the $13 salad he added after I made payment or I would have tried to reach a general manager to alert them of the poor service.

Date of visit: May 2023