Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Cindy M
Tipp City, Ohio

Awesome hotel and wedding venue!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Sept 2021via mobile
Stayed at the Priory for a wedding at the Pittsburgh Grand Hall. It was a perfect setup as the wedding was minutes from our hotel room. I absolutely loved the beautiful courtyard. Our room was nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. My husband disliked the small TVs in the rooms. I wish we would have had more time to explore the area around the hotel. We’ll be back!
Date of stay: September 2021
Room Tip: Parking was free and was close by. A real perk!
Trip type: Travelled with family
    $160
    $191
6.4 km from The Priory Hotel
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
All reviews grand hall monk's bar benedictine monastery pnc park north side unique hotel warhol museum across the street within walking distance pirates game breakfast was delicious shuttle downtown parking wedding bridge steelers
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2021

We just returned from two nights staying, along with another couple, at the Priory Hotel. We had a wonderful experience from the moment we entered and were greeted by Michael at the front desk. He clearly loves his job and enjoys sharing the history of this interesting historic hotel. We were also impressed by the rest of the staff who went out of their way to be helpful.

The note is only open a few days a week as they are renovating the place.. It will be even better once the renovations are complete as I admit it can benefit from some refreshing and updating. however it was still a great choice and I would return in a minute. I might also add that the hotel is in an unusual location - altho close to many restaurants and regentrification, it is across from a housing project. My husband loves to walk and he asked the man at the desk about going out for a walk around 10 pm He was advised against it. However he had no trouble either morning when he walked the neighborhood.

Again, a very positive experience. Try it!

Room tip: "new" section VERY specious . Our friends in "old " section (smaller room) still interesting; loved the tin ceiling.
Date of stay: August 2021
John Graf, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2021

Thanks so much for your kind review. We are indeed moving forward with extensive renovations and hope to be fully completed by the beginning of 2022. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team members, especially Michael.

Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

The priory Hotel Is the best hotel ever to stay at In Pittsburgh . Don't stay anywhere else owner John graf runs a great hotel and has the best staff you could ask for. Your not a number there at the hotel your family there they treat you the best you could ever imagine. They have the best front desk man/ bar tender in Pittsburgh Michael frankovinch this wonderful employee is the best person ever you could ask for he go out of his way to help any customers out stay no where else besides the priory Hotel In Pittsburgh you guys rock been going for years trust me I'm a loyal customer and I keep coming back and back!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
John Graf, General Manager at The Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2021

Mr. Silket - Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review of our property. Michael will be especially pleased to hear your kind words. We are grateful that you have stuck with us through a dark time and look forward to hosting you many times in the future!

Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

With businesses returning to “normal” I wanted to share my experience so that others are simply prepared. Upon check-in there were two forms to complete, first was your order for breakfast. You had to check the boxes Muffin, yogurt, fresh fruit, fruit cup, water and juice. You can then PICK UP your bag and then you can take it to a table, sit in the court yard etc. we had several folks there for a wedding and we wanted to have breakfast together but that didn’t seem to work. Plus, it the businesses are “back to normal” why couldn’t we have a normal breakfast. I drank my juice snd tossed everything else. I asked for orange juice and fruit and the fruit they gave me were (2) nectarines. Not sure how smart that was. They I asked for STRAWBERRY yogurt. I got strawberry and blueberry. I only needed 1 yogurt. Lol. Then my fault on the muffin …. I asked for it to be toasted as I was thinking English Muffin, but this was a blueberry muffin. So the guy toasted it before giving it to me and it was awful. There was some sugary topping and the muffin was gooey and just not edible. All and all for breakfast, they need to do something more enjoyable in my opinion especially since they hade a courtyard.

The other form was if you wanted your room cleaned. I was only there one night so I opted to select not needed.

The rooms are fairly nice, fairly clean (needed a good vacuum). The beds are VERY uncomfortable, lumpy and don’t have coverlets or bed spreads.

The bathroom is small which was but it only has the commode and bath tub in one area snd then a nice big vanity sink, large mirror, separate which was perfect especially when getting ready for a wedding!! Additionally, the closet was nice and big which housed the safe. The safe, was not user friendly it wasn’t just the quick enter your code snd move on at least from reading the directions.

The room had a small refrigerator and it was in the wall on the bedroom side. Caught me off guard because at first it looked like an air conditioner in the wall. Lol. But that was fine and it did keep my water and other things cold.

The drapes didn’t have pull strings on both windows so you had to pull them over to cover windows. A little bit of a pain but I finally got them covered.

Hopefully they will continue their renovations quickly as it is wedding season and people expect better because it is the Priory.

We had an after party for 2 hours in the Chamber Room or something like that, on the ground floor, and it was dark in half the room (small room) as it appeared proper lighting wasn’t in place.

Lastly the parking. You can park across the street , convenient for sure. There is another lot that’s gated but two things, it’s further away with no access to the hotel except for front entrance so definitely not convenient unless someone keeps the gate unlocked, which someone did for me as I had a couple trips to make. Anyway, the gate stayed open the entire time and the parking is outdoors. So both parking lots are open so if I stay there again I’m just parking in the closer lot.

I rated the “hotel” 3/5 stars because of all the issues listed above. Marvel once it’s updated someone else’s review will show 5/5 stars!! I hope this helps prepare you better for your stay. I hope if the readers stay, you truly enjoy your stay!

Room tip: There are two parking lots outside, one has a gate, you use your room key to swipe and the gate opens. The other lm front of the hotel.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are experiencing some growing pains as we are engaging in major renovations while remaining open three nights per week, post pandemic. We hope that you have a chance to join us in November or so when renovations are complete and we are fully re-opened.

Reviewed 3 February 2021

This was the perfect place to stay in Pittsburgh! My husband and I love history and I could not have been happier to spend our honeymoon staying in such an elegant, historic place. We were within walking distance of the National Aviary, Allegheny Commons Park, the beautiful Mexican War Streets, Point State Park, and many other spots downtown.

What stuck with me the most is that the staff was MORE than accommodating: we chatted over breakfast with a member of the kitchen staff, and when she found out that our flight required us to leave at 4 am the next morning, she promised to have a breakfast packed for us. We quietly sneaked down to the lobby the next morning to find scones and fruit wrapped up for us and two coffees. I could not believe how sweet that was. Thank you, Priory Hotel, for a wonderful stay, and we look forward to many more in the future!

Date of stay: December 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Priory Hotel. We hope that we see you back, now that we are re-opened. We will also be sure to share your kind comments with our team.

Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

The staff is what makes this property such a great place to stay. The bartender Tim was tremendous.

My room was a little dated and in need of maintenance.
The curtain cords, pulleys & rods didn’t work well or overlap properly.
The bathtub backed up while showering.
Some paint was peeling up high on the walls.
The carpets need cleaning.
The safe was too small for an iPad or laptop & was lacking instructions.

The bed was comfortable.
The shower water pressure was phenomenal.

A good option while in Pittsburg. Hopefully post-Covid, they get caught up on deferred maintenance.

Date of stay: October 2020