Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
frequenttravel2017
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania

Downhill the last few visits

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 weeks ago
This used to be my favorite place to stay when I was in Pittsburgh on business. First, I do not like that Hilton has changed their policy to a $10 credit for breakfast instead of free. I am a diamond member and I should not have to pay for breakfast. Besides, the breakfast buffet has taken a downturn. Eggs are like rubber!! I am supposed to get a $10 credit each morning, I did not get the credit. Once my corporate card is billed, I cannot fix a billing issue. Next, every night I would get disconnected from my internet every few minutes. Then I would wake up in the middle of the night very hot, the AC turned off due to what must be a motion detector!! There is Marriott property two blocks away. I guess I will be changing hotels on my next visit in June.
Date of stay: May 2024
    $374
4.0 km from Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,422 results
All reviews valet parking front desk carnegie mellon valet service convenient location college visit per day pitt elevator proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2024

Good location near Pitt & CMU, but overall the last place I want to stay. Dingy, rundown place, and incredibly noisy. Definitely avoid if sleep is important.

Room tip: Avoid floors 2-4 due to noise--the 3rd floor gym doesn't have any floor padding, and so it's incredibly loud.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2024

I made a reservation for my 20 year old daughter through expedia. There is no mention of age requirement of 21 years in the rules and restrictions. Front desk refused to honor the reservation, refused to reconsider when we called as parents to vouch for her, refused offer to send another adult to the hotel to check her in, and refused to help in anyway and turned her away past 10PM at night. I subsequently also confirmed that even if you book directly through the hotel website, you can go all the way to the payment screen, click on the rules and terms and there is no mention of the age restriction. Sounds like a nice ploy to take money from people while providing no service with this "hidden" age restriction on a hotel close to a university

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Atul K
Hilton Hilton, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2024

Thank you for recently commenting on our hotel. From all of us here, we are extremely sorry we fell short of your expectations. Please reach out to us directly at 412-688-1989 and we would be happy to assist you further regarding this situation.

Reviewed 16 November 2023 via mobile

We were here for a wedding on the campus of Pitt. This was a convenient spot for that, just a short 10-15 minute walk or a short Lyft ride away. The property is old, but the rooms were nice enough and the staff was very friendly. The common areas were nice as well. The elevator is slow and quirky, the shower head needs replaced. I understand that the property is getting an update soon, like a lot of properties in the area are going through now.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2023

Shabby. Smelly. Old. Unkept and way past its prime. Room smelled like wet dog. Stayed here Saturday and Sunday, 10/28 and 29 for a family gathering. Dark and dinghy room. Mildew on shower threshold and shower towel bar. Frayed, ratty-looking bedspread. Never received folio via email as promised.
until I called two days later and requested it. On it, they had my address listed as someplace in Las Vegas, NV! Never received an satisfaction survey. Still haven't, even after specifically requesting one.

Room tip: Book elsewhere, unless Hilton undertakes a major make-over for the University Place Hilton Garden Inn.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Freedom42692401919
Reviewed 21 October 2023

It feels dirty and worn. The pillows are lumpy, the curtains and chair are stained. The bed is either stained or unwashed, and the heat/AC unit is super dusty… it sounds like they’re getting a Reno soon, and I’m guessing they’ve just stopped keeping up with things. I’m here for a wedding, but the room looks like it’s been partied in pretty hard for many football seasons 😆 If you’re looking for a place to crash after a game, this might be your place. If you’re looking for clean hotel room, probably not.

Date of stay: October 2023