Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Hotels
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
Algotels
$266
Moondoggie1957
Woodbridge, Canada

Next door to the Arena

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Dec 2023
We had a bite to eat plus some pints prior to catching a Penguins game during our recent boys trip to Pittsburgh. The food was good & the beer was cold plus it was next door to the arena. We couldn't ask for anything more!
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 24 Dec 2023
Dear Moondoggie1957,

Thank you for being our guest and for your wonderful review. We are delighted to know that our location was perfect for your needs. We are also glad that you enjoyed our delicious food and beverages at our in-house restaurant. It was a pleasure serving you, and we look forward to welcoming you all back again.

No prepayment needed
  • Choice Hotels
3.9 km from Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
View more hotels in Pittsburgh
1,048 results
All reviews the concierge lounge across the street hockey game parking garage arena concert pitt
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2023

Obviously the review below about valet parking met the same super great front desk staff I dealt with.

Made a reservation for family member using Bonvoy points. Called the hotel 3 days before check in to provide the guest name. "Got it" said the front desk, "noted on the reservation."

Fast forward 3 days. My guest gets to the hotel, and despite presenting physically the printed email confirmation of the reservation, where I stated "I called the hotel, they have your name on the reservation, you are all set", they denied her the room because she is not me.

On objecting, the front desk literally said "blame Bethesda" (HQ of Marriott). "That is against policy."

I called the front desk, and was told exactly the same. Quote: "you are violating Marriott policy." I asked how, after a lifetime staying in Starwood/then Marriott/Lifetime Titanium/five years of nights living Marriotts suddenly it is my fault I am violating a policy that I am unaware of.

I have gifted room nights to family on many occasions, always called the property and provided the guest name, and have never been hassled.

The super helpful (sarcasm) front desk said the only resolution of this was for my guest to buy a room, and for me to file a claim with Bonvoy. "You will get an email from Bonvoy on how to file a claim, here is your claim number". No email ever received. Guest denied room. Still out the points.

What happened to the word "hospitality"?

Moved after one night to The Industrialist (Autograph Collection), which welcomed my guest, again using my Bonvoy points, no problem. Stay at The Industrialist and avoid the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center.

And I am still out the 92,000 points I spent at this property for a room my guest was denied access to. Run away. Avoid. Bad Property.

Room tip: Avoid this property.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Team Marriott, Owner at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2023

Dear rowingman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please accept our apologies for the reservation-related concerns outlined and the service shortfalls you experienced. We make every effort to provide exceptional hospitality in all aspects; therefore, we genuinely regret that this was not your experience. We will share your message appropriately and thank you again for your patience.

Reviewed 28 November 2023

This hotel used to be our go to place in Pittsburgh because of the amenities. Now there is no more shuttle bus or even room service. Room was sub par. Black mold on ceiling in bathroom. The room was warmer with the heat turned off. So the straw that broke us was at checkout. I asked for a copy of my receipt. Upon checking it there were charges for valet parking for each day, three. When I checked in on Friday the person behind the desk said there was no valet staff till Monday. I asked where I could park my SUV as it was over six feet tall, garage has a very low ceiling. He instructed me to park in the valet area. Vehicle did not move until we checked out on Sunday. So fast forward to the checkout process. I asked how they could charge for valet parking when there was no staff to do this. This is where the rudeness kicked in. Parking is not free she said. And we only reopened after three years last January. No idea what that means. I told her who gave me the parking info and she said he would be dealt with accordingly but parking is not free as she was becoming increasingly combative. At this point I just left the place vowing to my family to never stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Team Marriott, Owner at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2023

Dear bernardb25,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize for not meeting your expectations and are also sorry for the issues you encountered in your room. We have taken note of the concerns you raised as we are continually striving to ensure a perfect visit for every guest.

Furthermore, we regret to learn that you experienced a billing discrepancy regarding our valet parking and are concerned about the way it was handled. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention; we would be happy to take a closer look at your concern and relay this appropriately to ensure it is resolved. We are grateful for your patience in the meantime.

Reviewed 15 November 2023

I stayed 9/29-10/1 and had 2 rooms. The first day was fine but on the second day we didn't have air conditioning and it was hot! After asking for fans, 1 room got a fan immediately. For the other room it took about an hour during the time we were dressing for an event. Awful. The staff was very apologetic but that's where it ended - no action behind the apologies. At checkout I was told a manager would call me so after a week of hearing from no one, I called and was promised points and a refund by Daisa. For days Daisa nor the operations manager Thomas Murtha would take or return my calls. All said and done and after contacting corporate, I got points but no refund as Daisa conveniently denied that she promised a refund. Plus: The valet staff was great. Very disappointing NON- MARRIOTT quality experience. Wouldn't recommend

Room tip: Find another hotel
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Divina Rice, Guest Services / Front Office at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2023

Dear Value guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience during your stay from September 29th to October 1st. We genuinely appreciate your feedback as it helps us identify areas for improvement.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced with the air conditioning in one of your rooms and the subsequent delay in providing a solution. It's disheartening to learn that our efforts to rectify the situation fell short of your expectations, especially during a significant event.

We are grateful for your recognition of the valet staff, and we will ensure your positive feedback is shared with the team.

Regarding the issues you encountered post-checkout, we take your concerns seriously and want to address them promptly. Please accept our apologies for any frustration caused by the lack of communication from our associates. We understand the importance of resolving such matters efficiently and will investigate the breakdown in our communication process.

To ensure that your concerns are thoroughly addressed, we recommend reaching out directly to our General Manager, Mr. Jon Mathews, at jon.mathews@marriottpittsburgh.com. Mr. Mathews is committed to ensuring our guests have a positive experience, and he will personally oversee the resolution of your concerns.

We genuinely value your feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Mathews directly, and we assure you that your concerns will be given the attention they deserve.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, and we look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to Marriott Pittsburgh for a much-improved experience.

Reviewed 15 November 2023

we have been waiting for the Marriott to reopen since covid ended. it is my favorite marriott property. we travel to pittsburgh at least once a year to see the penguins. hotel is located across the street from ppg arena. it is also located across the street from the catholic church which is so helpful when spending the weekend in the city. we stayed at the hilton the last couple years as the marriott was closed. there is no comparison. the marriott far exceeds that hilton. we had several issues when staying there. also stayed at the Renaissance. while it was a nice hotel, the convenience the marriott city center offers is why it is our choice when going to pittsburgh. the staff at the marriott is great as well. would like to say a special thank you to William at the front desk. check in was smooth, easy and pleasant. he was a big help to us on our stay. my only complaint would be the breakfast closes at 11 on weekends. as i mentioned we attended church on sunday and when we got back breakfast was closed. i think on weekends they should keep breakfast available at least until noon. will be back again!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Team Marriott, Owner at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2023

Dear Msm40,

Thank you for being our valued guest and for your detailed feedback. We are pleased to know that your overall experience was wonderful. We are glad that you enjoyed our clean accommodations, excellent service, and our attentive associates. We will share your kind comments with William and he will appreciate it. However, we are sorry for the inconvenience you had with the breakfast. Our timings are listed on our website, and we will share your suggestions with the appropriate team. We appreciate your patience, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2023

I had made a reservation for October 2023 for the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center hotel. My original reservation was made early in the summer. In early October, I called to confirm the reservation and ask about any discounts. I was given a new discounted rate and received an email confirmation of the new rate. I did not ask about the rate at check-in but after checking out I noticed that I was not charged the discounted rate, but the previous rate. I called the hotel to dispute the charge and was told to call customer service. After 3 weeks and several phone calls, the Marriott has not revised the bill to the discounted and confirmed rate. I have forwarded the confirmation emails to several people at the Marriott and still no resolution. Now, the Marriott says my complaint is resolved and that they will not honor the discounted rate because I tried to negotiate it at check-in! They ignore the fact that I forwarded the confirmation email dated a week before check-in that shows the discounted rate! DO NOT DEAL WITH THE PITTSBURGH MARRIOT CITY CENTER! SHADY!!!

Room tip: Don't stay at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center. They don't honor confirmed rates.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Divina Rice, Guest Services / Front Office at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2023

Dear Valued guest,

I hope this message finds you well. I would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration you have experienced in connection with your recent reservation at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center. It is disheartening to hear about the challenges you faced, and I want to assure you that your concerns are of utmost importance to us.

I deeply regret any miscommunication or inconvenience caused during the resolution process of your billing concern. I understand that you had confirmed a discounted rate for your stay, and it is unacceptable that you were not charged accordingly. I apologize for any confusion and frustration this may have caused.

I want to assure you that we take this matter seriously and are committed to addressing and resolving it promptly. Our team is currently reviewing the details of your case to ensure a fair and accurate resolution. Please be assured that we are actively working to rectify the situation and will make every effort to honor the confirmed discounted rate for your stay.

I understand the importance of a seamless and positive guest experience, and it is clear that we fell short in this instance. I appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to make things right. Our goal is to regain your trust and demonstrate that we value you as our guest.

If there is anything specific you would like to discuss or if you have additional details to share, please feel free to contact our Director of Operations, Thomas Murtha at 412-471-4000. Your feedback is invaluable, and we are committed to learning from this experience to improve our services.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced, and I appreciate your understanding as we work to resolve this matter promptly.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.