All reviews steelhead the concierge lounge across the street duquesne university penguins game platinum member hockey arena parking garage front desk staff business trip hotel bar hotel room sized bed self park fitness center pnc park king room
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed the Marriott 6-2-17. Great location, within walking distance of ppg arena and the T. Clean place but restaurant and bar was a little pricey. Other than that its a nice place. My wife loves the fact that it had a Starbucks. Other than that just an Average stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Megan R, Rooms Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hello Justin P!

Thank you so much for taking time to review the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am sorry to hear that you had just had average stay with us. Next time the two of you travel to Pittsburgh we hope you to choose to give our hotel a second chance as this experience is not normal at our hotel. Thank you again.

Have a great day!!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Typical Marriott. Nothing special. Staff was friendly and helpful. It was not exceptionally warm in decor. Room was average (junior suite), but the bathroom was tiny. I have AC set to 64 and it is still super stuffy in here (not hot or cold like you would think, but stuffy). There is a Starbucks and the shuttle is super helpful to help you get around. Breakfast was pretty good. No real business center. Just a cubby area with a couple of computers. No door to block out noice.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
AmyJo J, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you so much for taking time and letting us know about your stay Chy R! We here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center appreciate the feed back and will work with these comments to improve for our future guests. I hope that the next time you are in Pittsburgh you will give us a chance to show you a better stay. I hope your day today is excellent.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

This was average and therefore deserves 3 stars. The room itself was unremarkable, though the junior suite upgrade was appreciated and seemed to afford about 50% more space. There was no visible in-room safe, that I found odd in a big city. The concierge lounge was a disappointment with no coffee machine (espresso, etc...), no juice cans, all alcohol was paid, pile of cash tips left on the dirty dish tray was particularly un-classy in my opinion. Front desk and lobby staff were helpful. Great location for any PPG arena events.

Room tip: Higher floors likely quieter as away from traffic. Potentially noisy if event at PPG arena next door
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
AmyJo J, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Good Morning Jon_the _Traveller_CA!
Thanks very much for writing to let us know about what you experienced while staying here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am sorry to hear that your time with us was not perfect and we will be looking into what went wrong. We will also take a look at the concierge lounge to see what changes we can make to improve our elite guest experience. I hope that you will give us another shot the next time you are in the city, hope to see you soon! Have an amazing day!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stayed here while in town to see Stars on Ice at the PPG Paints Arena. Very convenient location. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, with updated furnishings. We enjoyed the bar and restaurant as well. Will return. Can definitely recommend.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AmyJo J, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

I am so happy to hear about your great experience 3ctheUSA! It is always great to get feedback from our guests and I am happy to know that your time with us was exceptional. Come back soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night for a basketball tournament. The beds seemed to me to be a double bed size rather than a queen size as we find in many Marriotts so we requested a roll away bed that I slept on which was pretty comfortable for a roll away and it was wider than a typical roll away. The staff was very attentive and helpful. Would give 5 stars if had bigger beds.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Carolyn K for the time you have taken to review the hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a nice epereince and I hope that when you return to Pittsburgh we will have you as our guest again. Have an amazing day!

Thank You!