“The best steaks in Lancaster…seriously”

Blackworth Live Fire Grill
Ranked #22 of 78 Restaurants in Lititz
Reviewed 7 September 2021

We recently tried Blackworth on a whim and so glad we did. The porterhouse steak was grilled to perfection and the taste was even better. We opted for one of their sauces, aji verde, which added a pop of freshness. Their potatoes as a side were excellent. It’s a little on the pricey side but you are paying for quality here. It’s a unique restaurant in Lancaster County, definitely not the typical steak establishments. They even offer a Wagyu porterhouse which we are looking forward to try in a few weeks with a larger group. Best steak program in Lancaster.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (58)

Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

I’m going to review this restaurant as critically as this place deserves considering what it should be given the prices and nearby competition. The food here is good but I can’t justify more than a two because there are options on this menu that are all out of whack considering their cost and/or portion size. For one, the wings used to be better. Now, they are tiny and nothing special. With a wood burning oven, the wings ought to taste like it and their cost is a rip off given their tiny size. Superior wings at the Tied House and much better wings and so are the wings at pretty much every other competing restaurant nearby. In comparison, these are an embarrassment. The cornbread is also a major rip off. You pay $6 for 3 tiny finger-size and shape links. They taste good but certainly not worth the $2 for each one. The cocktails are good here but also overpriced compared to nearby competition. And the entrees can be ridiculous. $120 for a steak? Come on. The special was a larger steak for $180. Are you kidding me? Who do they think they are? I came for the whole fish and was told for the second time that they were out of it, by 5:30 on a Sunday!?!? They need to have enough fish to cover normal dinner hours. They used to have a better fish option here, but now you have salmon once the whole fish is gone. Our pizza was also underwhelming, not as well done and crispy as every other pizza I saw being served. And only having a pepperoni or cheese option is pretty weak. This place rests on its newness and cool atmosphere but the food is not nearly worth the price. I’m not sure why I keep coming back as this place has progressed downward each consecutive visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2021

I’ve been to this restaurant several times and have always enjoyed the food. The menu isn’t extensive but the food is delicious. The service is very good. Not all staff were wearing masks even though cases are up.

Reviewed 20 August 2021

A worthwhile detour where ever you are at in Lancaster. Being from NYC and spending a few days in the country, my expectations weren’t high. I was pleasantly impressed. The open fire and kitchen concept provides an extra element to the experience. The food is exceptional. Reminiscent of rustic European cuisine; not your chicken fingers and tacos on the same menu establishment that is typical in the area. The porterhouse was beautifully grilled. The truffle butter sauce with the roasted potatoes as a dipping vessel were a perfect side. My companion had the avocado dish. Uniquely presented, guising as a skinned avocado and filled with a creamy aioli. We shared the charred eggplant, delicious. The middle eastern flare with ingredients was a welcome surprise. We were staying at the Wilbur hotel, which is conveniently connected to the restaurant. Will most certainly be back the next time I’m in the area.

Date of visit: August 2021
2  Thank 245reaganj
Reviewed 20 August 2021

Horrible. First off plan to spend 15-30 minutes hunting for a parking space. Food is overpriced and served meat raw. Would not recommend. It's loud inside and wait long time to be waited on. The manager did end up comping the entire meal even though my meal wasn't eatable and I left without eating. Will not return.

Date of visit: July 2021