All reviews cold breakfast amish country night clerk restaurants within walking distance enjoyed my stay clean rooms would stay here again bed was comfortable checking in great place to stay
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Staying here 6 nights while vacationing in the area with my disabled brother. Motel is seriously in need of updating, looks pretty rundown. That said, our room was acceptable. Seemed clean enough, plenty of towels, tv worked fine, and by the third night, we can log into internet with their wifi. Quiet the first two nights.... seems more people are here the third night, so we'll see. Breakfast is very basic, two cereal choices, some pastries and things to toast, coffee and juice. That's it. We only sampled coffee and elected to go elsewhere for a more solid breakfast. If you need to save $, this is an ok choice. If they fix it up, the price will rise. Place is well located, easy to get to most attractions and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Jan,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. We offer a clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable prices for our guests. Our desk clerks do tell our guests that we have a cold continental breakfast that we offer. A lot of guests thinks it is home away from home feeling because we are in the area of the Amish. Yes I agree we are in a great location to most of the attractions, restaurants, outlets, theaters. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lancaster, Pa.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We chose this location because of previous reviews. It was exactly as described. Clean room and friendly staff. Not fancy at all. The price was excellent. It was nice to sit outside our door in the cool night. We asked about a breakfast location. He told us a spot that’s closed on Sunday but we found Gus’s which was fabulous.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon A
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We offer clean, comfortable rooms for our guests at a reasonable price. I agree it is not fancy BUT it is home away from home to enjoy the surrounds that GOD gave us the sky, the earth and peace, but what all else do you need but that. Yes all of our other guests enjoy that cool evening outside of their rooms. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next journey that brings you back to our area.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

I have to agree with others that the hotel does not have much in the way of "curb appeal". It does appear that the place isn't even open. The closed restaurant that is attached to the building has peeling paint on the sign, the parking lot is not well kept and the building in general is badly in need of a face lift. We stayed in room 37 for one night. While the room was clean and the bed comfortable, the room and furnishings were dated. The diverter valve in the tub was stuck "on" for the shower so you had instant-on shower whether you wanted it or not. And the entire tub/shower valve was loose in the wall and moved back and forth. The towels were the standard, thin, "cleaned in hot water too many times and somewhat rough" type. We had an early departure so we did not have the morning breakfast so I can't comment on that. It was not the worst hotel room but it certainly wasn't the best. I'm not a hotel snob & can overlook dated items in a room but I've stayed in much nicer hotels for the same price I paid here ($95). On a scale of 5 I would give the cleanliness factor a 4......but the rest of the place would only get 2.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. Allow me to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. We had flowers and trees before and the guests didn't like them. Guests says to put bushes around the place to put greenery so it doesn't look plain. Not all guests have the same landscaping eye but we do listen to our guests when they talk to us. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior services and accommodations on your next visit to Lancaster, Pa. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

We were a little surprised at the condition of the building exterior at this hotel. The interior was not much better. Everything seemed to be dated sometime in the last century.
The grounds was just plain Jane with no care given to the plants or bushes or grass. The swimming pool looked like it hadn't been used in years. The hallways were not air conditioned and the windows to the outside were left open 24/7. Our room was plain jane with a tv from the 90's. Room seend to be clean and the bed was ok.
Breakfast was a disaster. Nothing hot or even warm. Bagels and muffins were all stale and coffee was made to order from a coffee machine from the 90's. Very bad.
Only good was the price compared to all the others along the strip. Not a good deal at 90.00 night. Will stay elsewhere next time. We visit area couple times a year.

Room Tip: If you want cheap, this is the place.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. Yes I agree we are plain jane BUT people like it, it makes it home away from home to relax and enjoy the Amish Community which is also Plain Jane Amish Community. Our grass people come in once a week to cut the grass and trim. Our pool is being use by the guests that stays here when they come back from sightseeing at the late afternoon. I will check into the breakfast items being stale, I will let the coffee company that takes care of the machines know that the machine are from the 90's. We have a sign saying that we have a cold continental breakfast on the counter when you check in and also the desk clerks do tell our guests that it is a cold continental breakfast when we hand the keys to the guests. Yes the price is a good price that we offer to our guests. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Lancaster, Pa. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Looks really bad from the outside - so much so that we thought it was closed. Hard to keep such an old place clean. Thin walls. Night person wasn't very friendly and had poor hygiene, but morning person was friendly and helpful. Heater smelled so bad my wife just wore her jacket to bed. It's doable, but you should know what you're in for...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dorsalmo
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. We have guests but they were site seeing or going to theaters, or Amish restaurants. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Lancaster, Pa. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lancaster.
Thank You.